[Trait] Concussion

Effect: Increases the stun duration by 1/1/1 turns.

Does gold concussion enable the bruiser to stun tank walkers?

Comments

• CherryCherry Member Posts: 13
    By tank walkers, do you mean the armored ones or the bigger fat ones. I have a weapon with silver level concussion. It stuns the armored for at least one turn, sometimes two. It will not stun the big ones, they always resist. I have another weapon with gold level concussion in the third slot but I haven't leveled it yet.
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    The names are weird... But the "Armored walker" refers to the one that is wearing riot gears. "Tank walker" is the official name of the big fat ones.

I'm only asking this because it seems like concussion is useless to have it on gold, unless it actually does stun the tank walker. I just haven't gotten a "gold concussion trait" to test yet ='C
  • CherryCherry Member Posts: 13
    Yeah, I wish I knew if it was worth it. I've been focusing on my hunter knocking their health down enough for my scout to one shot em but that uses up turns and makes a lot of noise.
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    I have a weapon with a gold concussion trait. There is no difference having a gold concussion trait than any other color concussion trait. The heavy walker cannot be stunned.
    zosonjureforjustice
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited November 2015
    There is no difference at all between bronze/silver/gold concussion. They all only increase stun duration from 1 turn to 2 turns. It does not enable you to stun Tank Walkers. The only way to do that is with the smash attack on Bruisers or stun attack on Assaults. Bruisers are woefully underpowered compared to Warriors and Assaults. They need to be rebalanced to be useful in the endgame.
    About the only thing they are good for is overwatch stunning things coming through doorways. That way nothing can come through the door and you can blast away with your hunter/assault.
  • GraveBringerGraveBringer Member Posts: 1
    maybe just like new trait "interupter" it's have a chance that will stun 2 turn with 50/75/100%
    zoson

maybe just like new trait "interupter" it's have a chance that will stun 2 turn with 50/75/100%

That would mean the ability would get WORSE. Right now it's 100% chance to stun 2 turns no matter what. Lets hope they do NOT do this as it would make Bruisers even more underpowered and useless.
    Ok then if even gold trait "concussion" does not stun the tank, I guess keeping it at silver is best...

On the topic of "overwatch", this is what I'm thinking,

"no it can't be, interrupt is different from a survivor's attack stun. The bruiser should be able to stun still (it's part of his passive given ability as a bruiser). Interrupt worked previously for long range attackers as a 'ministun' to the enemies that try to move. It makes the walker stop whatever it was doing.

For example, if it was trying to move 3 spaces to attack a survivor, and a ranged survivor is nearby with overwatch, it can shoot the walker that's coming close and stop it from moving its full 3 spaces."

Now it's not a guaranteed hit anymore. I saw a weapon with silver trait of 85% chance to interrupt.
    @jureforjustice
    Right, my assumption was that interrupt is not the same thing as stun. So bruiser will be unaffected.

I think they meant that it was unintentional for hunters/shooters/assault to be able to 'interrupt' at all, but instead of just getting rid of it they turned it into a trait. I'm totally fine with interrupt being a % chance, but bruisers should still be 100%. It's one of the things that makes them 'special.'
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91
    zoson said:

That would mean the ability would get WORSE. Right now it's 100% chance to stun 2 turns no matter what. Lets hope they do NOT do this as it would make Bruisers even more underpowered and useless.
    Bruisers are OP, just know how to use it
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    edited November 2015
    Ceszar said:

zoson said:

**REMOVE SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION**
    I'd have cleared that map in half the time with a hunter and a warrior instead of two bruisers. It's not that you can't do things with them, it's that they're not nearly as good as other classes. This video is bad, just like your other one, sorry.

Stop replying to my comments with your videos. The shameless self promotion plugs are not appreciated. You literally cannot teach me anything other than how to play slowly and badly.
    zoson said:

Ceszar said:

zoson said:

**REMOVE SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION**
    I'd have cleared that map in half the time with a hunter and a warrior instead of two bruisers. It's not that you can't do things with them, it's that they're not nearly as good as other classes. This video is bad, just like your other one, sorry.

Stop replying to my comments with your videos. The shameless self promotion plugs are not appreciated. You literally cannot teach me anything other than how to play slowly and badly.
    Wow! Don't be jealous hahahahahaha
    It's not self promotion, I make the videos for help a Facebook group, not for you feel ashamed, :wink:
    If you really completed this mission with survivors 3 levels below the recommended and without using Bruisers and in half the time I did, please show us. Until then you're just a jealous child lol
    Oh, look at my other video :wink:
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    facemanak
    edited November 2015
    The proof is in the fact that I have more stars than you. Nobody has any reason to be jealous of you. You're the one copying my bug reports and posting in my threads instead of generating your own original content. Nobody is fooled by you or your old content videos based on maps that were so easy the dev's changed them.

Me: 163 stars

You: 135 stars

I clear maps +4. You're not good.
    zoson said:

The proof is in the fact that I have more stars than you. Nobody has any reason to be jealous of you. You're the one copying my bug reports and posting in my threads instead of generating your own original content. Nobody is fooled by you or your old content videos based on maps that were so easy the dev's changed them.

Me: 163 stars

You: 135 stars

I clear maps +4. You're not good.

Oh, you have more star than me? Tell me more hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    zoson
    @zoson, Sorry man, I did not know that only one person could post bugs here in the forum, realy, I'm sorry
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    @Ceszar
    LOL!!! "Ends in 3s" It's not even a good attempt at a lie. You're posting results from another week. So now you're outed as a liar, not just a jerk. Nice try, but you fail again. Keep posting, you're just proving my point for me.
    zoson said:

@Ceszar
    LOL!!! "Ends in 3s" It's not even a good attempt at a lie. You're posting results from another week. So now you're outed as a liar, not just a jerk. Nice try, but you fail again. Keep posting, you're just proving my point for me.

Don't be so silly, lol .
    Nowhere I said that the print is this week. I will not post the results of a week is not over. Come on, show more stars than me, can be of any week you want!
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
  • Ball_de_SacBall_de_Sac Member Posts: 29
    Can someone block these to or give them a written warning? Their childish feud is off topic, disruptive, and not relevant, and is carrying across multiple boards.

Keep surviving,
    ---
    Ball de Sac
    Leader of "B Town Beatdown"
    Cherrysmasher
    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a conversation works.
    I was talking about this week, obviously. And I linked *your own* screenshot showing that you have fewer stars this week. Changing the subject to a different week only proves my point further. You can't compare so you have to lie.

I'm sure the dev's are real keen on you for posting about bugs they already know about and have acknowledged. Not just acknowledged, but stated they were working on fixes long before you posted. What a great contribution to the community! /sarcasm

Keep digging though, I'm sure everyone is getting a great laugh at your expense. I know I am.
    Can you guys take your discussion into PM instead of publicly please. Some of us actually would like to discuss about OP topic.
    Ball_de_Sac

Can you guys take your discussion into PM instead of publicly please. Some of us actually would like to discuss about OP topic.

Man, I'm, trying to block him, but idk how, he is harassing me in every post I try to interact.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    jureforjustice
  • CainCain Member Posts: 24
    So about that concussion ability lol. I just wish they'd only make it and the warrior one that increases arc so they only spawned at bronze tier. Not sure if that would effect weighting making them too good though.
  • facemanakfacemanak Member Posts: 117
    @zoson and @Ceszar , please, stop this. You can resolve all of your problems in private. This forum is for bugs. No matter who posts the bug and how many times. But you are arguing here instead of helping the devs to issue bugs and problems in the game.
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    zoson
    Cain said:

So about that concussion ability lol. I just wish they'd only make it and the warrior one that increases arc so they only spawned at bronze tier. Not sure if that would effect weighting making them too good though.

Warrior arc increases the higher you go, making your warrior significantly more effective.
    Rank 1 is just 45 degrees, rank 2 is 90 degrees, and rank 3 is 135 degrees.

At rank three the warrior arc is almost a full circle. It hits every tile around your warrior except the one immediately behind them - allowing you to kill 7 zombies in a single strike. My survivors are all level 10, and my warrior does more damage than anyone except my shooter. The warrior almost always 1shots zombies up to level 12.

Admittedly he is wearing full legendary equipment that's higher level than anything else. For no other reason than I haven't gotten gear as nice for any other class.
  • CainCain Member Posts: 24
    @zoson Yeah I just checked it and was about to post my mistake but you beat me to it, concussion is the only one that can use a higher optimization spot but not have an increased effectiveness.
    zoson
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    maybe they should make the concussion ability a little bit different.. like, bronze could be "additional 1 turn to stunned target"; silver could be "additional 1 turn to stunned target and stun a walker behind the taget"; and gold could be " additional 1 turn to stunned target and stun walkers adjacent to the target";
    just my suggestion for the moment.. feel free to make other suggestions. =D
    edited November 2015
    I think, "Concussion" is very useful as is. It's just... I think each tier should've added more stuff. I was really hoping for instead of 1/1/1 stun, it'd be 1/1/2 stun. THEN we'd second guess "Should I get gold tier or silver tier concussion!?!?!?" or like I was asking, it should've been able to stun tank walkers with the gold tier, even if it doesn't add the "1 additional turn" to them.
    i dont know, but it seems like they made the tank walkers to specifically avoid stun, and to be the weakness of all melee survivors since it has stun attack.. so i dont think they will make anything that will stun it. So back on the concussion skill, i gave up on the idea of making it stun the tank walkers, simply because they made the tank walkers immune to stun. the 1/1/2 idea is good.. but why not make it 1/2/2 knock back.. =D
    aysatyo said:

i dont know, but it seems like they made the tank walkers to specifically avoid stun, and to be the weakness of all melee survivors since it has stun attack.. so i dont think they will make anything that will stun it. So back on the concussion skill, i gave up on the idea of making it stun the tank walkers, simply because they made the tank walkers immune to stun. the 1/1/2 idea is good.. but why not make it 1/2/2 knock back.. =D

Ah dang... That knockback...!!!!! "Immune to stun? KNOCKBACK B%$@#!"
    aysatyo
    @WastelandDan this is the first concussion thread.
This discussion has been closed.