What's in a Golden Ticket?

I don't do Outposts. I have the outpost built in my camp, but I never set up my remote outpost for raiding. And so I cannot be raided. This allows me to hold as many trade goods as I want, without fear of them being stolen. Knowing that a new council level was coming, I began hoarding trade goods a couple of weeks ago. At one point I had over 80,000 trade goods, and was spending them, but then this afternoon I was just over 50,000 trade goods and realized that this was a great opportunity to track just what was in those golden ticket boxes. And here are my results.

For reference, my council level is 17, my highest level survivor is 18, and my building level is 49. I pulled 105 trade good golden tickets in a row. Out of those 105 pulls:

Food (average 25,000 per pull) - 34 pulls - 32.4%
XP (average 25,000 per pull) - 20 pulls - 19.0%
3* Gear (all level 17 or 18) - 29 pulls - 27.6%
4* Gear (mostly level 17 or 18 - included 2 level 16 items) - 16 pulls - 15.2%
5* Gear (level 16 and 17) - 3 pulls - 2.9%
15 Gold - 2 pulls - 1.9%
4 Phones - 1 pull - 1%

So overall, from the trade goods shop golden ticket crates, I had the highest result of gear (45.7%), then food (32.4%), then XP (19.0%) with a minimal chance of gold or phones. Of the gear results, 60.4% was 3* and 33.3% was 4*, with a minimal chance of 5*. The 5* gear (not that there was much of it) seemed on average to be one level lower than the 3* and 4* gear. The gear was spread between the classes: I got gear for all kinds of survivors. Interestingly, the vast majority of the gear was weapons. Of 48 gear results, only 10 (or 21% of the gear pulls) were armor.

So there you have it. If anyone else is crazy enough to do this, I'd love to see if your results match mine!

masmith93我是云云TheLostOnesLadyAquilakiwinz7[Deleted User]

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Nice tracking @TransmuteJun!
    FYI @shabba @OneLessTitan
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @TransmuteJun -- another data collector; I love it!!

Here's my combined posts from 4/21 in the outpost section: We were discussing the possibility that the drop rate for TG Gold Crates had changed because a few of us seemed to be getting more equipment from those crates.

Here's my data pre/post update:

Before the update:
    Crates Opened: 538
    Equipment: 44.8% (35.4% Rare, 6.1% Epic, 3.3% LEG)
    Food: 29.6%
    XP: 17.4%
    Radios: 5.0%
    Gold: 3.1%

After the update:
    Crates opened: 453
    Equipment: 53% (37.7% Rare, 10.6% Epic, 4.4% Legendary)
    Food: 27.8 %
    XP: 15%
    Radios: 2.6%
    Gold: 1.5%

I will definitely add your results to my data!
    我是云云
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    I heard it was a free trip to Willie Wonkers chocolate factory
    Cherokee_Rose
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,077
    @OneLessTitan Thanks for posting your results! Not being in outposts, I don't really check that board, so i had no idea others were collecting this kind of data! Interestingly, my data (from yesterday afternoon... obviously after the update) is pretty similar to your 'before update' data. Huh.

What levels of equipment are you seeing? I have level 18 survivors, and I got mostly level 17 and 18 gear, although with the legendary gear it was levels 16 and 17 (one level lower). Are other people seeing gear levels commensurate with their top survivor leve?
    @OneLessTitan Oh also, are you seeing my result for the weapons skew too? It seems like on regular pulls (after missions) it's a 50/50 split between weapons and armor. But it was only 21% armor on the golden tickets for me. Is this a fluke, or did you observe it as well?
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @TransmuteJun

It appears to me that the equipment level from gold crates is tied to your player level. From epic/legendary crates, I noticed a similar increase in gear with player level, tho mid-level I experienced a jump in epic/leg crate gear, so maybe it's based on total building points (a subset of player level).

I've been tracking for a little over a month, so here's what I've got from gold crates at different player levels.

At 43, I started getting 15/16 rare, 14/15/16 epic and legendary.

My next equipment upgrade came at level 46 (my current level). Started getting 16/17 rare, 15/16/17 epic and 15/16 legendary.

I also got food/XP increases at level 43 and level 45.

I haven't kept track of if the equipment was a weapon or armor, so I can't provide any info on the split I've received, maybe in the future I will do so.
    @OneLessTitan

Thank you for posting your data. Yeah, I didn't think about tracking weapons versus armor either until I had 15 gear pulls and realized that they were all weapons! After that, I tracked armor pulls.

I think you're right about gear level being tied to building level. That was also posted in this thread.

[URL]http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/9100/what-ng-told-me-about-equipment-level-from-crates[/URL]
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 888
    Much appreciated on your analysis, I was about to do Golden Crates instead of Legendary Crates as I need equipment at a higher level. I will now have to stick with spending 7500 TG on Legendary Crates
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
    kiwinz7 said:

Much appreciated on your analysis, I was about to do Golden Crates instead of Legendary Crates as I need equipment at a higher level. I will now have to stick with spending 7500 TG on Legendary Crates

Depends. I got a lot of epic gear from my golden tickets. I'd rather get a few epic items than one legendary, because if you only get one item, the risk is great that you will get a legendary item for a character class that is useless to you. For a few items, you get multiple chances.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @TransmuteJun, how about pulling a legendary assault weapon with near perfect traits from a gold ticket, only to find it is a base level two below your survivors? Boy was I super disappointed. If this had been a base level 18 I would have been estatic.
    Ovidmikel
  • YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38
    @TransmuteJun , can u help me out with NOT setting up outpost ? i get raided every now and then , how do you avoid being raided ? can u explain in detail ?
    Yaxir said:

@TransmuteJun , can u help me out with NOT setting up outpost ? i get raided every now and then , how do you avoid being raided ? can u explain in detail ?

Unfortunately, I think it is too late for you. Once you have the outpost, I believe it is there to stay. I built the outpost in my camp (the one that generates trade goods) but I never set up the outpost for raiding (the one where you have to press the Outpost button on the lower right of the screen and pick a setting, move walls, etc.). I may be wrong, but I don't think you can remove your outpost once it has been set up. This may be a question for NG. I don't think you're the only person who set up an outpost and now wants to stop being raided.
    NCDawgFan said:

@TransmuteJun, how about pulling a legendary assault weapon with near perfect traits from a gold ticket, only to find it is a base level two below your survivors? Boy was I super disappointed. If this had been a base level 18 I would have been estatic.

I hear you! My legendary pulls from the golden tickets were 2 level 16s and 1 level 17, which was below the level 17s and 18s I was pulling on epics and rares. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that this is done on purpose, to make those legendary items even more difficult to acquire. The majority of my 'good' gear is epic, not legendary, because I have that same issue with it being (at least) one level to low.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    My legendary pulls were all 18 and 19 when I was 17. Haven't tried lately
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38

Yaxir said:

Unfortunately, I think it is too late for you. Once you have the outpost, I believe it is there to stay. I built the outpost in my camp (the one that generates trade goods) but I never set up the outpost for raiding (the one where you have to press the Outpost button on the lower right of the screen and pick a setting, move walls, etc.). I may be wrong, but I don't think you can remove your outpost once it has been set up. This may be a question for NG. I don't think you're the only person who set up an outpost and now wants to stop being raided.
    damn ... guess im done for
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 69
    5 Golden Tickets at once were only possible to the Weekend Event, the Results speak for themselves and Display why The whole System is flawed
    lmfgunnut said:

My legendary pulls were all 18 and 19 when I was 17. Haven't tried lately

Nice! May I ask, what is your building level? It seems that the gear level in the golden tickets may be tied to that. I'm *thisclose* to building level 50, so when I achieve that, I'm going to experiment some more and see what I get.
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 679
    edited May 2016
    I just opened 7 500TG boxes. Two were cans (25K total), one was 14000 XP, one was 4 radios, and the other 3 were Rare items (armor, rifle, and katana).

Update: Opened five more this morning. in order: 15 gold, Rare Lvl 12 armor, Rare Lvl 13 armor, 12000 cans, and 13500 XP. My council is at Level 14. I'm Level 34.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @TransmuteJun my camp was at max for council level 16 at the time...lvl 49 I think. Maxed again for lvl 52 after upgrade.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)