Hunter Weapons?

Well this Gold/Silver box event is over and that's that. I will not complain about its nature or results I got. I did around 200 deadly missions, opening all the Gold crates there were to open. I got decent gear, even though not breath taking. I did get Legendary/Epic armors for all classes and for weapons I got for all classes, except Hunter. In fact, for my still L16 survivors, I only have Rare weapons for Hunters, whereas I have Legendary/Epic for all the other classes.

Question is: are Hunter Weapons in fact harder to drop? Or is it just my bad luck?

Cheers
TheLostOnes

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I have very similar results. Have many epic/legendary weapons for all classes except for hunters (which is the class I use the most) where I only have one. For a long time my hunters didn't even have rare rifles.

I played almost as many missions as you during this event and got no useful hunter gear (neither weapons or armor).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    Well I did get an epic Hunter armor, I guess that's something. But no weapons and afar from like L10 rifles, I cannot remember the last Leg/Epic Hunter weapons I had, hehe
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,244
    Guess I made out lucky. I got an epic rifle that matched my highest survivor level w/ gold spread and silver luck. Too bad it wasn't leg :(
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    JayZ said:

Guess I made out lucky. I got an epic rifle that matched my highest survivor level w/ gold spread and silver luck. Too bad it wasn't leg :(

I still hate you! :-)
    blkjack0o
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    edited May 2016
    This is one of the two hunter weapons I pulled from lots of gold tickets this weekend. Neither were legendary but at least at base level 18, it is better than what I have now. I covet a base level 18 legendary rifle more than anything in the game today. I have two level 20's with gold spread so I am going to upgrade the other one which has gold damage and no spread trait. I am taking your advice @PimpOfTheDead.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Yeah...it's like that.

DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

edited May 2016
    Hmm 4th one didn't stick. Now it won't let me post it. It had silver interrupt, gold luck and gold marksman.

I have two epic Hunter that go to 18 and 19 that I'll never bother leveling because of the three legendaries are begging me to give them each a lvl 21 rifle.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @lmfgunnut Very nice sets of legendary rifles you have. For those 2 level 18 rifles you posted, are u planning to upgrade to level 21 even if none of them has critical attack trait? For me, I'm not sure it's worth 2.8M XP to spend for each upgrade. But, they can be good for your hunters defending your outpost.
    @Boruto I don't know. The hunters that would use them already have nice lvl20s. And I have a few nice 19s set for the next upgrade round. May just wait

• PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Haven't got any lvl 18 legendary rifles yet, only got my lvl 20s & really disappointed cause not doing anything different & used to get tons :(
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    lmfgunnut said:

Yeah...it's like that.

Good Golly Miss Molly that first harrier. Damn boy! Just Damn!!!!

• SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    I pulled This one this weekend:

• OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    Pulled these 2 overr the weekend
    May I ask where u guys been pulling the level 18 legendary rifles? Used to have great luck on level 17s but 18s just not happening
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @PimpOfTheDead I can't remember if it was off deadleys or may have been off a hard or nightmare a leg mission I just did some when I finally got lvl 17 survivors to do them
    The 18s I got buying legendary chests before I could use them. Have several 19s as well that I'm hanging onto.

I am drooling here... I am even considering upgrading a L16 base green weapon, assuming I may get some L17 Hunters soon. I only have a L18 green maxed one working right now and 2 L16 green base both with 0.4 caliber. I know it might be a waste on exp but Hunters are the core of my team and what good is it to have (hopefully) 2/3 L17 Hunters and then weapons bellow their level?
    @Papacas, I have run almost every mission on the current challenge with three level 18 hunters (one legendary and two epics) except substituting a warrior on SWAT and a shooter to kill the fatties. I spend my time and XP upgrading their gear every chance I get. I am a believer in the hunters "massive amounts of kill power from a safe distance away" theory. Shooters and warriors have a big role here, but I am a huge fan of the hunter class myself.
    @NCDawgFan I run 3 hunters also, except 1 is only lvl 17 cap & usually sub in a shooter around lvl 19 rec, I do sub in my warrior on swat around lvl 20 also, but pretty much run 3 hunters in all challenges except for quests at earlier difficulties. Got 1100 radios or so waiting to fix up some of my crew since update still lol
    Thanks @PimpOfTheDead. I have 234 stars on this challenge but I don't expect more. I can't beat All the 21's and 22's before the spawns of 22's and 23's overwhelm me.
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Obviously you guys aren't pacing yourselves for the bonus quests.... There's still over 1 day to go in challenge event. I keep 2 missions low(er) so my other survivor groups can achieve the bonus stars for missions. You're potentially throwing away 5 bonus stars by making it impossible for your group to be able to do a high level mission.

True you may not make 240 even with the extra bonus stars, but give yourself a chance to achieve it.
    gabriel_lwh
    I did finish off the BBQ mission one more time for 3 additional stars @Necroboogie. My quest opportunites have been lame here lately. I might be able to squeeze 3 more out but I am not interested in getting 1 star, 3 times. I think 237 on this challenge is not a bad score. Thanks for the input.
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    237 is a great score, especially when you can't get a decent bonus quest. I'm just informing the masses to take their time, that in doing so they could potentially increase their overall star count. Its just a tip, not telling you or anyone how they have to play the game. Hell I've tried keeping up with @PimpOfTheDead many times, lol he's a friggen beast and his survivors are monsters... The only times I've been passing him is when I wait for the chance to get the bonus stars.
    This is especially true for lower level players, maximizing their bonus stars can benefit them even more.
    After thinking about what you said @Necroboogie, I must admit I had never thought about holding one mission back starting about half way through to see what happens on the Quest stars. I am of the "I want it all, and I want it now" generation and I guess my all out, see how fast I can max out the stars approach has room for improvement. If I don't have 200 by the end of day one, I am disappointed. I very much appreciate your input and I will give it a test this weekend. Thanks again.
    On a follow-up to the original topic, I pulled this legendary rifle from a 500 chest tonight when I got my Outpost TG. If it was only a base level 18.... I just have to keep hoping it will drop for me someday soon. I've about given up hope...
    I agree @NCDawgFan I'm like you & try to get my challenges out of the way as fast as possible since I'm impatient, but unlike my fearless leader @Necroboogie he's got patience & great at planning out his quests, where I just rip through them quests or not lmao, 21s & 22s still tough for me & the only 1s that I actually consider a challenge, but usually the quests are the difference whether I'm going to hit 240 or not, was sick last challenge so think I hit 235 with no quests? But usually hit over 230 no matter what lol & had a few in my bag of tricks this run & hit 245 so far, but think I might done. Saving my XP & hoping for a good draw but these f'n lvl 18 leg rifles been eluding me & not sure why I'm only getting rare lately? Used to get great luck with gear, but could work on other survivors, but seems all gear I want or get is either to low of level or lvl 20 smh
    @PimpOfTheDead, one quest would have put me at 240 which I really wanted since I got 244 last weekend. I think my guild is happy with anything over 200 so that's not the issue. Its my own expectation putting the pressure on myself. My biggest problem is it takes me too long to kill off the 21's so the 22's spawn on me and that is just too much to handle right now. Throw in a few armored and fatties and there is even more carnage. I tried Car Lot again just now (because there are no fatties or armoured) and 2 grids to the right from my 3 survivors starting position were three level 22's. You guess where things went from there. I think 237 is going do it for me this time around. Congrats on 245 and maybe will both get our base level 18 legendary rifles this weekend (wide bore for me, but not for you).
    @NCDawgFan I'd be happy with any lvl 18 base legendary rifles right about now, even wide bore lol. & I agree our guilds quota each challenge is a lot lower then I usually get, but for my own personal goal I like to get each mission to 39 minus quest stars at least so I feel like I did my best & it's completed ASAP, so I can farm, take a breather, or work on whatever I feel like lol, but also try to do my part towards the guild rewards asap also, so if I can help raise that number in the 1st day, they can possibly collect the tg faster since idk what others are working on? But always hoping what I do might help others out lol
    @PimpOfTheDead, I resisted joining a guild for a long time, then I mentioned one weekend on here that I had gotten 247 stars on the Forest challenge and the private messages started rolling in. I am happy to play 2nd fiddle to our mutual forum friend @SlickRick in the Externals. Low pressure, nice folks, good results and I like being able to offer advice to the newer players. We even moved into the Top 20 this week which was an unexpected surprise. I'd like to think I played some small role in that.

Those extra TG I now receive for guild achievements are a nice addition too. Unfortunately it now seems like half the time I open a 500 chest I get cans which are currently useless to me. If I decide to use them on a 3500 crate, I usually get level 19 stuff, also useless for now. My kingdom (or 8.9m cans even) for a base level 18 legendary rifle!!!
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    I'll trade all my bruiser gear for one good hunter weapon...I lost count of the amount of 7500 crates Ive opened...always the same result..bruiser gear...I realized I'm both crazy and stupid to chase the dream by repeating said action....

..wish I could swap my TG for some wine :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild