Challenge Idea: Makes it more fun for higher levels

blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
First, this has to do with a recent thread: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/9439/why-high-level-players-are-quitting-the-game/p3

I wanted to make a suggestion that would make the challenge more fun, and there are a few ways it could work, but in general, allow the player to choose the number of survivors that can play, 1-3, and give additional challenge stars for choosing less survivors.

1 survivor - earn up to 5 stars
2 survivors - earn up to 4 stars
3 survivors - same as current

This would allow the earlier levels to be more challenging for upper players, and allow them to get rewarded for challenging themselves. Instead of having one plateau of I can't make it further, there would be three. An alternative would be once you choose 1, 2, or 3 survivors, that's what you're stuck with the rest of the challenge.

I still suggest the other changes in the above linked post, but I really liked this idea for changing things up a bit and adding some entertainment.
philcDakamin

Comments

• DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 109
    +1000 on this idea!

Would be SUPER fun to mow down lvl3 walkers solo with a high level character.
    ALLYCAT2540
  • blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
    I think it would be fun for newbies leveling to try their solo strategy as well. The idea is geared toward higher levels, and although it doesn't fix the low rewards part of the issue, it would make the game have an extra dynamic of player choice to add entertainment, more of a challenge, and require a bit more skill. It fixes the low level challenges from being a mindless chore to actually taking a little thought.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/8950/ability-to-use-2-survivors-on-challenge-missions-for-4#latest

Already been proposed. I've heard it was forwarded to the people responsible for such changes at NG.
    edited May 2016
    @jester - Great minds think alike. :-) @zbot Can you merge these since they're fairly similar? Maybe get a little more traction on the idea?
    jester
    "It would be fun to try, and at least in the lower levels you could pull off some interesting challenges solo. I think that's why I like the idea; you could play around in the lower levels and try to beat things just for fun. The gas cost isn't high, and the rewards aren't worth much, but at least it'd be fun to try different things. "