Exclude Guild Category from "Recent Discussions" Filter

lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
We know where to look if we want a guild. Half of the "front page" is guild spam.

Alternately, allow us to configure what categories appear in a news feed view.
DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Comments

• IfyourforgiveIfyourforgive Member Posts: 59
    I was just thinking how much I wished this was an option earlier today. Great idea!
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    i have suggested this twice a long time ago but no response from devs or mods.

• DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 108
    + 1 - browsing the forums would be much nicer if there was room for more relevant topics than recruiting.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,488
    @all, let us know how it's working out with the change.

@Teeceezy , thank you!
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for the suggestion! I made the tweak, let me and the mod team know what you think of it in action.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Perhaps it is only my mobile view, but it is still showing all categories. I'll open a fresh browser and check on desktop and report back.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 108
    I'm still getting all categories too.
  • IfyourforgiveIfyourforgive Member Posts: 59
    I still see all categories also.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    @Teeceezy

I'm not noticing a difference on mobile or desktop view of the forum. The "discussions" area on Mobile and "recent discussions" or "discussions" on desktop are still showing all of the guild channel chatter. I logged out, tried it in incognito, cleared cookies, logged back in. Looks like the adjustment I was looking for did not occur.

If there is something I should notice that I'm not, happy to investigate.