Trait: Interrupt

What does it do exactly? I don't see its effect when I put my character on overwatch. I hardly notice it. Is it even useful/a must-have on ranged?

Comments

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Yes it's very nice on a shooter, stops walker in its tracks after it comes into shooters range or takes a step. Your character needs to be in overwatch for it to work, needs a AP. Look for the gold for 100%
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    it works both on ranged and melee survivors. If you put your survivor on overwatch, and a zombie come close to him, (close enough to attack him), your survivor will attack it. If the zombie survive the attack, the interrupt trait of your survivor will stop the zombie from counter attacking your survivor. although interrupt only works if the zombie is atleast 1 space away from your survivor before the said zombie moves.
  • chrisksychrisksy Member Posts: 34
    Is it more desirable/optimal to have your Shooter have this trait as opposed to your Assault? Just saying, because it seems people mention the Shooter class more often when explaining this trait. Not as good on Assault?
  • thecoltythecolty Member Posts: 152
    Does it work on fatties?
    Currently <51st in Global Top Players
  • warbirdwarbird Member Posts: 132
    Players probably use shooter more then assault. I know I do.

Ok so there is a 1 space or more rule regarding zombies and using the interrupt trait.
    I tried using it on BBQ mission last guild event and it didn't seem to effect the fat zombies?
    Steeboon
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    it affects the tank (fat) zombies too.. i've tried it several times. you just need 1 space in between for this to work. i've tried it last week with barbeque mission. it works on any class with interrupt. it works on my scout, my shooters and hunters. havent got an assault who have interrupt, so..
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited December 2015
    It affects every type of walkers atm. Normal, Armored, and even Tank walkers.

You just have to have a survivor who has "interruptor" on their weapon and they will have the appropriate chance to interrupt the walker when they overwatch attack.

The "optimal" survivor with it is in the eye of the beholder. So play how you wish to play it. I for one run it on my bruiser so he can stun anyone, or else interrupt the tanks, or soak up damage if more than one walker is coming in at once. Others like it on their scout so it can actually do some damage. It's easier to tell which walker melee survivors will interrupt since they will attack whoever comes close to them as opposed to long range, sometimes the survivor will aim a different target over the one you wanted.
    [Deleted User]
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    aysatyo said:

it affects the tank (fat) zombies too.. i've tried it several times. you just need 1 space in between for this to work. i've tried it last week with barbeque mission. it works on any class with interrupt. it works on my scout, my shooters and hunters. havent got an assault who have interrupt, so..

Yes, the interrupt trait works on any class of walkers.

I have an assault survivor who is using a weapon with 100% interrupt trait:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • Interrupt and retaliate are my two favorite traits so far in the game.
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    DarkFae said:

Interrupt and retaliate are my two favorite traits so far in the game.

But they are mutually exclusive. If you attack via override to get the interrupt benefit, you can't retaliate. Until they fix this, the retaliate trait is only half as useful as it should be.
  • I said I like them the best not I like to use them together.
    zanejureforjustice
This discussion has been closed.