Assault weapon, advice please

BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
I just pulled this base level 18 legendary rifle after I opened 500TG golden crate. I got so excited when I saw this rifle, then I realized that it has no wide spread.
But it's got 40% silver critical damage, gold critical chance, and gold interrupt.
Before I pulled this rifle, I've been using fully upgraded to level 20 rifle that has 80% interrupt, 60% gold critical damage, and 45 degree gold wide spread.
Thus, my question is if it's worth to upgrade this new rifle that requires 2.8M XP even if it has no silver or gold wide spread to replace my current max level 20 rifle.
Looking forward to your opinion.
Thanks.

P.S - The max level 20 rifle has a damage of 609. So I'm very interested in what will be damage after it got fully upgraded to level 21.

Comments

• SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Boruto

The difference is 778 to 609 as you can see in the attached...my current level 21 doesn't have spread...spread is wonderful if you have at it but not the end all be all...hope this helps buddy :)

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @Boruto dang bro that's tuff the interrupt is so valuable but no wide spread suxks. Its a lot of xp but you could make that your go to rifle when needing interupt but cause the other use spread really don't come into play IMO you k ow better than I do assaults at high lvls are not as effective unless paired together tuff choice personally I pulled one similar and scalped it for xp because of no spread but cause in a situation I'm needing interuot I may as well as seca hunter or shooter with interrupt that's me and I'm no expert b any means. Just saying the assault class is better for crowds not interrupt. SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME PLZ if I'm off base with this
    SlickRick
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @SlickRick

Thanks. I know I can always count on you.
    It looks like you are very well prepared for next council update. Very nice sets of base level 19 rifles you got. :p
    SlickRick
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    Yea, your dmg base will be 778. What you want is the Lvl 18/21 "Frontier FN" version of this assault rifle which has the widened cone-spread....

But I still think it's worth it to upgrade it, rather than use the 17/20 one you had. Herding walkers into a tighter group can be done, but your dmg base is what it is. But maybe others might feel differently...

SlickRick
    @Boruto

You're welcome buddy glad to help!! And yeah I'm pretty stocked in every category for future updates so you won't hear me complaining about gear :)

And @Ovidmikel and @SpacemanSpiff are right...spread is probably the most important characteristic because that is what assault is designed for...but it also depends on how you play...to me personally it's not the biggest deal but I know to others it is...but no matter what I don't think anyone is ever disappointed when they get wide spread on a good one!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Ovidmikel
    @SlickRick Actually, I'm with @Ovidmikel and @SpacemanSpiff on that. I always carry an assault when I raid outpost because of its stun ability and having spread makes it very effective. So I'll hold on it until I pull another one with spread.
    Mystique
    @Boruto

To each their own my friend...probably the best way to go anyways!! Best wishes to getting one!
  • OliverfelixOliverfelix Member Posts: 64
    Tstsjfidcucjcudksjfjcufjd142536
  • OliverfelixOliverfelix Member Posts: 64
    Lol cant upload the picture
    SlickRickgabriel_lwh
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @Oliverfelix ......... ..... ...... Wow
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

@Oliverfelix

Yeah holy wow nice collection...since you have only 2 assault survivors you should do the proper thing and distribute the rest of those to the masses :)
    [Deleted User]mcbkhicksgabriel_lwh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited May 2016
    @Oliverfelix

That is a glorious assortment of assault riffles. Sad part is I don't even have an Assault that maxes up high enough to pair with those base 18's. And I have 3 Assaults!

@Boruto

Good question I have been in similar situations often :)
    @Oliverfelix

My eye just went blind when I saw your collection.
    If I have just one of your base 18, I might as well
    I could go for master ranking right now. Just kidding.
    Congrats on super fine collection of beautiful rifles.
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    @Oliverfelix I'm not greedy, if I had the Level 17 one with wide spread I'll be more than happy :smile:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @Boruto Since XP is very expensive to invest into that lvl 21 rifile, i recommend to at least upgrade with gold wide cone as it will help in outpost greatly. How else did i make top 20??? Thanks to my assaults ;) . If you must then at least silver cone and gold interrupt is great as well. It would feel like a waste to not have any cone on assault especially at higher levels.
    edited May 2016
    @KaLi
    I'm Hunter_DK in game name. I can also say how did I make to global #1?? Thanks to my assault. Haha just kidding. I wish I can change my forum user name from Boruto to Hunter_DK since a lot of people in the forum already know my game name.
    It's getting really cool to start getting to know the players in top 50 outpost rankings. I remember I raided your camp last night or day before. And if you check the battle log, then you'll see my assault there. I always bring assault for every raid since the first cycle started. BTW, the 2nd rifle which has gold cone has been fully upgraded to max level 20 and I used that rifle to reach to top position.
    Nice to meet you, KaLi
    From Hunter_DK

P.S - What a nice collection of rifles you have.
    I'm #26 and I surrender before killing a single walker, and drop my shields to get plundered. 2k club, here I come!

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

@lmfgunnut
    I've been waiting for your visit. Now you got a total green light from me. Pls attack me...
    Ha. Not showing up in my search.

Grats on hitting platinum.

edited May 2016
    Because I'm the public target #1 that means my camp yields most influence like 23-26 to high ranking players, soon as I become offline some player always raids first. Then my shield starts working and that's probably why you can't find me.
    I think you made a very wise decision and I may start follow your suit too in next cycle.
    Thanks.
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @Boruto nice to finally meet the legendary Hunter_Dk! The only one thats been raiding me everytime I log off. I'm getting up there ;) Just been so busy doing those two challenges. I wanted to get 5k + this cycle but whats the point of pushing up that high when they will reset to 4.2k?? So im thinking of just aiming around 4.3k influence to be on the safe side in case I get mass raided by you ;)
    Boruto
    edited May 2016
    Nice to hear from you, @KaLi, I've already PM you about how outpost works now at top tier. Haha here we go again. Sorry for raiding your outpost countless times. Trust me you are not the only one I raided many times. Guess how I got +5K influence as of now. I had to get those from many high level players who have set up their outposts. That's how the system works now. I've already met very nice, wonderful players throughout this forum and I usually avoid them when I raid due to my out of respect for them.
    And that off limit list is growing everyday and therefore I have no choice to raid some players' outpost repeatly due to broken shields in order to maintain my status quo in the current cycle. Originally my goal was to become the master that requires 8K influence but it's impossible in the current system unless you can raid 24 hours per day 7 days per week for two weeks. But I have a family including my beloved dog named Leo as shown in this photo and a job so forget it.
    I think you made a wise decision to stay in 4K tier.
    That will save you lots of gold. ;)
    Also thank you for your kind word.

Take care.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Sorry if this has been stated already but an Assault weapon w/o Wide Spread is basically a weak hunter weapon. It can still be useful if it's the best you got so far.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    While the larger spread is nice at times, I have had the effectiveness limited due to Walkers being behind objects, so while I do prefer the wider arc, I am not disappointed when the other trait is more dmg.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    Or...........you can just buy the 'Governor's Assault Rifle' now in the sale, lol.

It has wide-spread trait
    SlickRick
    @SpacemanSpiff

Yeah we went through all this discussion yesterday for what?? haha

And people think NG isn't listening to us :)