Challenge schedule changes - Discussion Thread

Comments

• DrBOBDrBOB Member Posts: 223
    Great change so far looking forward to the full details.
    DTP Elder
    Send me a PM if interested
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @Rick_ZK No, the tiers will work just like before.
    TheLostOnesRocketman
  • apexstagapexstag Member Posts: 10
    so glad we have been listened to. the first game I have been involved in where a major change like this has been implemented pretty quickly after serious suggestion from a large number of the player base. impressed.
    interested to see the rewards now, does sound good though as the current 1000k trade goods don't really cut it at the high levels.
    next up, please implement better scrap value for upgraded gear, investing 2.5mil into a piece that still scraps at 7k is ridiculous. please also make all raids carry a minimum of trade goods, raiding is still largely irrelevant part of the game. perhaps it will be better now with 1 challenge and more time outside of star grabbing, but cycling 10 players with 0 TG and <10 ip is putting a lot of people off this part of the game.

kudos for this change, it saved a lot of people from giving up I'm sure

RickGramesstevie05
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    @Teeceezy Thanks for clearing that up.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    No, the change back to one challenge is not quick. Ever since they changed it to two challenges a week a majority of players have wanted to go back. That's my take on it.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    antvicky3434SgtSalami[Deleted User]blkjack0o
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited May 2016
    One a week is better for me.
    I get burned out having to do the same maps over and over again and twice a week at that.

This gives me more time to to raid outpost and continue the Episodes

The changes sound good to me so far :)

[Deleted User]ALLYCAT2540
  • Thank you @Teeceezy and NG... Wonderful news to wake up to this morning.

Keep up the good work!

Tammy :smile:

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

ggbatsDeadBeatJenny
  • tunkytunky Member Posts: 538
    @DarkFae where you at
    SgtSalami[Deleted User]
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    looks like I now will have less to do here. With the slower scaling I'll get more missions in I guess, but will it be twice as many?

This is a time where I feel like people were complaining that their crack dealer came to the neighborhood too frequently and they could never seem to save up any money.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Zeena
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @tunky

I'm here and this sound very good. Almost too good to be true. Going to wait to see how it is implemented to comment further :)
    DeadBeatTeeceezy[Deleted User][Deleted User]Jenny
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 523
    Thank you, NG!
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    This is how it was in the beginning and is a much better way to go. We lost a guild member to burnout the other day and others had one foot out the door. This is great news.
    DeadBeat[Deleted User]
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    OoOoh....and I saw the reduced 30-min cooldown too, that's cool, Thanks.
    ant
  • SierraSierra Member Posts: 71
    SWEET BABY JESUS, REJOICE, REJOICE.

I honestly was getting burnt out, NG, you saved a player with this change!!!
    MystiqueDeadBeat[Deleted User]
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    Great work. Thanks for bringing us back to one challenge per week.
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
    Jenny
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    +100
    We are on the right track. I agree that they need to balance the XP and gas the same way they fixed the supplies.
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    Yeah, I'm kind of bummed, but I'll wait to see how it actually changes game play.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

Not sure if you were playing when the challenges first started but there were just one a week with a day off for farming. It was great because you could focus on missions and gathering XP. It is much more important now because of the MASSIVE amount of XP it takes to train survivors and upgrade high level weapons.
    DeadBeat
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @TheLostOnes I think @Teeceezy is right because the impact would be reduced due to the individual component. You need to get your own stars up for higher rewards & doing that adds to the total for the guild.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    I guess I would prefer that the challenge was available all weekend since that's when the majority of people have extra time to play.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    TheLostOnesJulialiciousSlickRick
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    So, we will be at 1 challenge a week with a full 48 hour break between. Good.

30 minute cool downs. Good.

Difficulty will progress slower than previously. Not sure on this one. Sounds like the high level players will be getting more lower leveled missions than they were before. Currently, we skip levels here and there. It goes 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15 for me most of the time (has something to do with the number of stars I have by the time the mission refreshes). To progress more slowly, those skipped levels are back in. This will make the high level players grumpy.

Rewards will scale based on stars earned personally and by the guild. That sounds like 1000 TG at every tier is out. So, it will probably go 100 TG at 12, 250 at 30, 500 at 60, 1000 at 100, 1500 at 140, etc. (or something like that). Seems reasonable. I do hope the guild tiers start at 500 TG and go up from there.

I am wondering if we will be reverting back to the old star scale (where tier 5 was at 120 stars rather than 140). Hoping so, but not counting on it.

There is no mention of a change in gas prices. I am hoping they stay where they are and do not revert back to the old system (which cost more gas over all). My guildies have expressed concerns that the gas prices will go up.
    TheLostOnesTeeceezyzosonstevie05
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    Exciting news. Sounds like I can justify playing challenges again. Please make it so people can't hold their rewards back so we can get some more tg flowing in outposts.
  • RankaRanka Member Posts: 125
    Well done NG.