Challenge schedule changes - Discussion Thread

Comments

• RustyOrcRustyOrc Member Posts: 51
    With less trade good per week, my guild members have even less incentive to play challenges.
    MadPuppyInvader
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    Propably said many times, but I dislike the nerfed tg rewards. I don't see any sense that you get less rg from rewards from now on.
    DeadBeat
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2016
    Removing our ability to get as many trade goods as before was never requested NG. That extra 6000 TG was important to me.
    I used those TG to buy gold chests and get tomatoes and XP, bc of your ridiculous cost to do everything in this game. Couldn't they of made the amount of trade goods comparable to the old especially knowing this will be the only challenge we get for the week. Next Games obviously knew people were complaining about two challenges and used it as a way to lessen our rewards and thus increase spending.
    I like the new schedule though!
  • DukargDukarg Member Posts: 16
    Nerfed TG rewards killed challenges for me. Trying to convince my guild that we need to just stop doing challenges at around the 2200 reward marker for guild. Just a waste of gas after that when all of us could just raid to get the remaining instead of spending thousands of gas trying for the other rewards. Frankly, I'm a more than a little dissappointed in this change as it seems like a slap in the face.
  • RankaRanka Member Posts: 125
    @RustyOrc we are facing the same issue in our guild. We never faced so many members underachieving during a single challenge. Good part is that most are working up there level a bit faster ).
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @MadPuppy haha ok.
    Well, i'm not so happy to report that I am still at least 3 full rounds away (that's 18 missions or more) from finishing Challenge due to difficulty and ALREADY gas cost is MORE than I have had to spend for the former shorter challenges. So @eetu did NOT scale/adjust gas cost properly!
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    If everyone stops playing challenges to get Tgs.. How exactly does everyone think there will be Tgs available for raiding? Certainly not the limited few from the outpost collection! And what every 2 weeks or so when you get the award for the cycles!?
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    CapletonAndyMenshel
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    Yes, the increased gas costs make no sense to me (except to get us to buy more gold). The decrease in rewards is also a disappointing.
  • DeezDeez Member Posts: 241
    I also want to express my dislike in changes on behalf of myself and the rest of our guild members from The Last Of Us. The reason most requested the return of the one week challenge was to reduce the grind of the game and to promote more time to do missions, raids, farming, etc. However, the cost of gas to reach attainable levels we previously would meet and reducing the amount of TG rewarded overall is where this has failed miserably.

The decrease in TG per gas ratio is the biggest problem and it's illustrated on a chart by a forum member here. Again, if the goal here was to reduce the grind/time spent in challenges then that ratio needs to, at the very least, meet the previous ratio. I would suggest exceeding it a bit to give more players time to raid.
    SgtSalami
  • basiaMDbasiaMD Member Posts: 58
    One of the biggest steps backwards this game has ever made, in my opinion. Increased gas costs for lower mission rewards AND fewer TG! I don't understand the rationale. It is certainly not going to convince me to buy gas, that's for sure. The challenge isn't challenging at all and now it's even more boring with the same map over and over all week. There is just no point to doing challenges anymore. I think people tend to overreact a little on the forum and catastrophize when anything new happens, but I honestly think this change threatens to kill the game for high level players. What makes the game fun is the puzzle and challenge aspect of it when the walkers are above your player level, as well as working toward upgrading stuff. Easy to beat repetitive missions with low rewards are not what we play for at all.
    DeadBeatmasmith93
  • DeezDeez Member Posts: 241
    Loewe1968 said:

Does anyone have the latest values (valid until last week = 2 challenges per week) analogous to the new values http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/10268/challenge-schedule-changes-details#latest?

Thx.

Krossle posted a chart on page 6 of this thread but here's a direct link to it: http://m.imgur.com/mQMsmIR?r
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    One mission is good for me, but the decrease in TG and increase in gas is awful - 7 gas to beat L18 walkers FFS!!
    OK , so I've never been close to 300 stars before and the rewards are better for longer at the higher levels but I can only do 3 runs on a full tank of gas!!!!!!
    Overall: good idea but needed more thought in its execution. More TG, less gas needed.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 543
    I have an idea for a completely new dynamic system of the challenge. Unfortunately my English is not so good and it is in German:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/10321/vollkommen-neues-system-der-herausforderung-completely-new-system-of-challenge#latest

Are there any here someone, best a moderator, who speaks good English and German? Answers in English are hard for me. I use a translator ;)
    Teeceezy
  • sandman7sandman7 Member Posts: 32
    Obviously this had been expressed numerous times throughout this thread, but just to add more fuel to the fire (no pun intended). The increased gas prices as you get further into the challenge are outrageous. When there were 2 challenges/week, I never had to pay more than 6 per challenge. I'm not sure if they continued to increase even more, I would usually finish with about 200 stars. Regardless, 6 per mission is already way too expensive, but if it's maxed out at 6 then fine. But now we're seeing 7 per mission at a much earlier point (220 stars - "Lvl 15 recommended"). Maybe it even goes up to 8, I'm not there yet. The gas costs need to have a more appropriate sliding scale, just as the new box reward system does. At my current position in the challenge, we shouldn't be paying more than 5 or 6 gas per mission and I think it should max out at 6 regardless of how far you get.
    SgtSalamiLivingTorture
  • eldazeldaz Member Posts: 18
    Não gostei de como mudaram o sistema de ganhar recompensas prefiro o antigo. ;)
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    6 per mission is only appropriate in high level story missions. Also mission car capacity needs to be doubled just to be appropriate for this game in general.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Invaderggbats
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    The slope of escalation is fine but the starting difficulty needs to be customizable. Let the players themselves decide where they want their starting level to be. Ie if I am level 51, I want to start at level 15 then grind to level 20
    But my guild partner at level 40 might want to start at 12. This removes the monotony of the early grind. I get u want to fix the too fast slope escalation but don't make the early and mid game so boring

@eetu @Teeceezy
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @Sipher07 agreed, however the rewards/stars would need to be scaled up in relation to where you start.
    @sandman7 I finished with 301 stars, and the gas cost was indeed 8 per run.
    Mind you, the gold and silver box rewards were pretty tasty! 75k xp in one gold box. Even though that was in the 2x xp event, it was still a good find.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    @Neil_J I finished with 256. I could have gotten more. The thing that undid me was the gas costs. 8 per mission really was limiting me at the end.
    @SgtSalami Agreed on the gas - unnecessarily excessive, but I wanted to see just how far I could go, and how good the rewards were, and I had some excellent pulls. 600k to upgrade equipment was only taking 5-6 runs.
  • FLWillFLWill Member Posts: 71
    NG please increase the TG rewards to equal more with new challenge system than previously! Please (with sugar on top if needed)!!
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    Gas cost is LESS than previous system. LESS means not as much.

There are FEWER missions to play than the previous system. FEWER means not as many.

You are all making comparisons between the entire challenge system as it stands now and a single challenge from the old system rather than comparing the entire system to the entire previous system. This sort of thinking is analogous to thinking that two one dollar bills is more than a five dollar bill because two is more than one.

Hate it all you like, but hate it with actual facts. The TG rewards are fewer per gas unit, that is true.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

ant
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    Uggh. :s

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    And it's time for the reset of the challenge, having taken it as far as I can.
    Invader
    ~nods~
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193

I don't know, why people still play challenges. It's a complete waste of time, brain power and money. I can't understand.

Not to mention: I still play - for my guld. To make it from 4th in Germany to 3rd. Yeah. Great. If it wasn't for my guild, I wouldn't still be here and tell you how upset I am.

you are so right! if the people would not be loyal to their guild and to their guild members, i bet no one with a clear mind would still play challenges! Ooowkaayy, i dont know it, but at least i would not play it anymore... :(

is that not sad? i miss the early days of this game as challenges was challenging and fun at the same time! today it's annoying only...
    Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

[Deleted User]