Challenge schedule changes - Discussion Thread

12345679»

Comments

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @lmfgunnut Time for guild swap can hardly be an argument for a longer break as permanantly swapping guilds shouldn't be a goal.
    SlickRickDoTak
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    edited June 2016
    @Lightfeet

I don't think @lmfgunnut was making that argument per se...I think he was just saying there should be a bit of a time gap between challenges to allow for a move...he's not a guild hopper nor am I but I know some people have good reasons to change guilds...it's not just for the star chasers.

I think like you I agree that they could alter the schedule to make it more accommodating to more players...they could increase it to 6 days by adding Saturday to the schedule and that still gives people a day to change guilds if needed...or they could just do it Wednesday through Sunday if they needed to keep at it 5 days...there are a myriad number of options that could make more sense than the current schedule but still give players a day (or two) between challenges.

Best wishes!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    Why wednesday to sunday? If you really want to add a day in the weekend then go from tuesday to saterday. Leaving sunday and monday free. Evrybody happy.
    Also people who can only play weekends will pay for 24 hours fuel. People who can only play during the week will pay for 24 hours fuel. Cause you cant max stars in 4 days. Win for ng and for every one.
    SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @shabba

I was just throwing those days out as an example...I really don't care what combination of days they do...but I think adding one of the weekend days and making it 6 days total seems to be what most people prefer
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    [Deleted User]
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2016
    @DoTak @Lightfeet Yes been suggested already as well as a litany of other good ones. I do not support the 7-day Challenge as it also gives advantage to those less busy with real life. I prefer being able to choose a weekend, weekday, or customized schedule.

I have a thread about it here:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/10373/guild-challenge-schedule-option#latest

I know that this has been brought up many times, but my BIGGEST beef with the Challenge is not being able to really test myself at the higher levels because I run out of time. Because I have to sit there and re-do the same low-level missions over and over and over.

There's needs to be a way to bypass/speed-through missions that have already been conquered so I can get to the new stuff. There are many ways of handling this (as seen in other games since the dawn of time).
    It needs to be figured out in a way that does not negatively impact an individual's or guild's Challenge progress & rewards.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    I hate doing so many low level missions. It is boring as hell and a waste of my time. I think I will be spending less time on the challenges and more on raiding until they fix this for high level players. We should be able to skip to at least level 10 if we have level 17 survivors.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @SgtSalami

I agree, our guild best player stopped today being bored with these endless challenges. He was doing 350+ stars per challenge
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    Lightfeet said:

@eetu @Teeceezy @TK-421 @zbot

As you may have noticed already there are many players around who would prefer to have the entire weekend included into challenge schedule to enable them to play and earn more stars at the weekend. If possible, please let us have the full 7 days (maybe with a short break of 1-2 hours) to grant this flexibility.

If you need a longer period of time between the challenges for whatever reasons (maintenance, small bug/glitch fixes in the background etc.) the challenge schedule could at least be amended as follows.

Suggestion #1
    Challenge start on Monday at the same time as it is now and challenge end on Monday morning together with the weekend event.

With this schedule you would have about half a day without challenge.

Suggestion #2
    Challenge start on Tuesday morning and challenge end on Monday morning together with the weekend event.

With this schedule you would have a full day without challenge.

Please kindly discuss that internally and let us have a feedback about these suggestions or please let us know why it's impossible to amend the challenge schedule as per request of so many players. (Not only in this Forum. We have several guild mates, who aren't signed in here, but would like to play challenge in the course of the entire weekend.)

Thanks in advance!

@eetu @Teeceezy @TK-421 @zbot

Please kindly let us have your comments to the above request. Thx!
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Valid concerns all around. It is not easy to figure out a solution that would fit everyone (ha!) or even most. We do not want to shuffle it around all the time, so it will probably stay as it is in the sort term, but we are weighing options on what would be the best fit in the long term.

Thanks for the well analyzed options!
    theRealBenderlmfgunnutmasmith93SlickRick
    edited June 2016
    @eetu Why don't you simply prolong the challenge by one day to grant the players who don't have the time (or limited time only) during the week the option to play challenge maps at the weekend as a first step ?

This could be done regardless of whether other changes (e.g. an option to skip the low lvl maps for high players or other options) might be useful as well.

This would help the majority of players to be more flexible with their play time management already.
    SgtSalami
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @eetu we want the deadlies back plz....
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    theRealBenderSgtSalami
    @OldGoth @Teeceezy Would you please be so kind to have a look into this theme and to give us a feedback about whether you plan resp. think about to make amendments to the current challenge schedule in the near future? Thanks in advance.