Weekend Event - DO NOT PARTICIPATE!

Comments

• SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    There's one undeniable fact: there will be no shortage of Forum posts about peoples' survivors obtained from this event; and many others can then decide if they want do it.

....If I get any survivors that can fly or shoot laser-beams from their eyes, I will definitely post screenshots!
    Jenng
  • MomofSnolpeMomofSnolpe Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2016
    @painclasher Dude your very confusing. This month is May.

Ugh I'll just wait to hear from the Devs when they post.
    Invader
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,627
    @OneLessTitan This weekend event is one of the most requested ones from the community and NG is giving it to them. There are a lot of people that have about 1000 radios, waiting for this event so they can get more legendaries and epics. Of course not all events will satisfy everyone but...

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    edited May 2016
    @MomofSnolpe when I replied to your previous comment I said the update should be coming later this month which is MAY

Probably making a video!

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Fragzie
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Unless your knife is also a gun.
    piffolomania
    LIke a bayonet? Interesting.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @zoson

So you are saying that radios will be eliminated from the game, and that max survivor levels will never increase past 19? Now that's real information.

That's the only way that saving radios can hurt me.
    Japes87
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Btw...I can´t see an official statement for this event?

Just rumors?
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @OneLessTitan You're totally wrong, and you're being argumentative for no reason. This will be the last time I ever interact with you. I tried to help you, and all you want to do is bash NG. You're treading very close to grimey territory.
    @Invader The official statement will be posted tomorrow by the print content creators, NG. The video content creator have been given information in advance of the rest of the gaming community. There is a post in annoucements.
    InvaderJenny
    @painclasher

Thanks for your permission to do what I choose!

By your statements telling people to spend their radios this weekend, you have basically said that radios will be eliminated, and/or survivors will never have a max past 19. Not to mention that there will never be another increased chance at legendary/epic survivor event. That's the only interpretation of "spend your radios this weekend" and "saving your radios will only hurt you".

@zoson -- how am I bashing NG? I appreciate any help, but the above interpretation is the only way that not saving my radios can hurt me. I'm not the one posting cryptic messages that can only be interpreted that way.
    Zeena
    @Invader In case you don't believe @masmith93 (no offense there) the NG Announcement is coming tomorrow afternoon, but they will pretty much repeat what we said already.

Probably making a video!

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

@Invader In case you don't believe @masmith93 (no offense there) the NG Announcement is coming tomorrow afternoon, but they will pretty much repeat what we said already.

I´m fine with this event...my survivors need some fresh meat alongside :wink:
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I don't buy radios anyway, so can I use my free ones this weekend and then use more free ones when the radio tent gets changed?
    Most of my survivors are L17 and 18.

TIA.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    @Shut_Up I know that they gave us the info, but we had permission to make it public before them, so what they will say tomorrow will be similar to what we already said today. I am just trying to reply to everyone's comments I don't know why are you so negative... Of course there will be haters I can't deny that

Probably making a video!

• BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @SlickRick
    I knew you'd be a Cubs fan. Haha. Ohhh me too, man. At least you didn't wait 100 years like some of Cubs fans for World Series Championship. As an Illini and Cubs fan, now you know why I'm obsessed with outpost ranking. ;)
    I really, really hope this is the year!
    SlickRick
    People are way too sensitive. This is one of the best events there is.

My question is why use your radios you've been saving if you don't really gain a real benefit? And you can use those radios later for a better benefit? (when max and initial survivor level goes up after the next council upgrade, at the very least). But if a "staff" member is saying that saving radios can only hurt you, then they are implying that massive changes are coming.

Under the current system, everyone knows what they can pull from a call, and that the chances of getting a survivor useful above 18 is rare.

The content creators may know something important in regards to game information. If they do, it's useless since they can't say. But their statements are giving off a cryptic message about upcoming changes, and the green badge gives off the impression that they are the official voice of NG on this forum, intentional or not. I would be much more careful about what you say with that much perceived "power" for the more casual viewer of the forum.
    @OneLessTitan NO we are giving our own opinions and info we are told to reveal! We don't speak of NG's name... we are like normal forum users

Probably making a video!

Oh no offense taken, I appreciate your content verification of my content submission.
    SgtSalami
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    edited May 2016
    I hold onto radios until I upgrade the tent as high as I can get it anyway........ It's just my strategy...... And it works for me! I think you have solid advice @OneLessTitan. Thank you for sharing your wisdom!
    Fragzie
    @painclasher

I know that. But not everyone frequents the forum as much as I do. It's those people that can misinterpret your green badge.

I thought your opposing thread is good and funny. But I'm aware of your status on the forum. For someone who may occasionally stop by to get some game information, the green badge saying "content creator" can give the impression that you are creating content for the game, like a developer, when in reality you are just an independent player making YouTube videos. It can't be assumed that everyone who comes here for information will check the announcements page and make that distinction.

I'm all for healthy discussion about game issues/strategies, but I will question someone of perceived power (again, I dont perceive it that way) saying that "saving your radios can only hurt you". That statement by @zoson could only be interpreted in the ways I stated earlier, and I commend you for replying with accurate info when he (she?) said I was a borderline grimey NG basher who claimed to be helping me when he only muddied the waters.
    JenngVintage_Bull
    @OneLessTitan @Jenng @Toocheezy I am literally going to paste what @Zoson said because I agree with him and he has a point:

The vast majority of people have not spent their way to the top. As a result the vast majority of people do not ONLY need max 19 or better survivors. Everyone except that top 1% who has spent gobs of cash will want to use their radios because they simply don't care about 19+ and need better quality/higher level survivors right now.

In my guild, which is top 15 global and top 3 US, there is only ONE person who is totally maxed out, and even he will be making calls to get some additional max 19 survivors. Why? Because he understands the game mechanics. Getting a max 20 wouldn't even make sense if we won't be able to level them up to 20 for at least 2+ more months. Spend 2 months with a 19/20 with 3 traits or spend 2 months with a 19/19 with 4 traits.

It really has nothing to do with knowing anything else special, and everything to do with simply applying level headed logic to the information that is already available.

Probably making a video!

InvaderdocfinzenburgSgtSalaminultsch
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    @OneLessTitan
    Not bashing NG but I doubt they will be making it any easier to pull high quality survivors in the update. If anything they will find a better way to monetize the system to get at players' wallets and call it an improvement.
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    I have spent$0 on this game... I'm level 36, have 13 survivors..... 4 legendary and the rest epic. I implement my own strategy but enjoy other players opinions and am not so full of myself that I won't listen or learn. I don't pretend to be an expert. I think there's good info in this thread and I'll use it.
    @OneLessTitan I am glad you understand our position and what the badge means. For the time being I wouldn't pay attention to that phrase! Just play the game like you would have if you didn't know about this phrase.

Probably making a video!

Phoenix527
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @OneLessTitan makes a great point for us high level players. He has higher common sense so i understand where you are coming from.
    TheLostOnes
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    Im glad to have the content creators on the forum, as I know they are only trying to help us. Thanks guys B)
    TheLostOnesSgtSalami
    @painclasher -- Of course @zoson has a point; I get it and understand that view. The difference is I'm open to opinions that differ from mine, and don't take offense to them because I'm not known to be a braggadocious video game player that is personally insulted by people who disagree with me and think my "logic" is the only way to play. I'm not sure if that post was intimating that I bought my way to the top, but I've never spent a dime on this game, nor am I maxed out. The people that have spent gobs of cash on this game will participate in this event, and will buy more radios in the future, so he's just preaching to his own choir.

@piffolomania -- that was another (sub) point to my OP. I'm not saying they will make it easier to get better survivors in the future, but if they do try to monetize the calls in the future by getting you to buy more radios, then I'll be happy I still have my radios as I doubt I'll ever have as many as I do now. Now, if they offer speculated "better survivors" for straight cash (like all the offered bundles), then it won't help me to save them other than the fact I'll have more radios for the next event after the council and radio tent can be upgraded after the next update...whenever that may be. Either way, I'm fine with my choice. (And I understand needing to preface that statement with "not bashing NG" after I was accused of that for no apparent reason.
    Jenng