Favourite/successful survivor team?

DrPsychedelicDrPsychedelic Member Posts: 177
What is your favourite and/or most successful survivor team? Given that each map is better suited for certain attackers, what is your go to combination? I like 2 warriors and a bruiser. I like them for their attack radius, charge options and stealth.

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    I never, ever use bruisers. Two hunters and a shooter for the vast majority of episode missions. I vary more with challenge maps and include warriors and assaults
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    Amen.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    SpacemanSpiffJennglmfgunnut
  • LonesLones Member Posts: 112
    I use combination of melee and range survivors. But it depends on the need of each mission. In the last episode (The Church - Normal mode) I use a combo of Bruiser, Scout and Shooter for most of the missions, they are level 15 survivors but they still can beat level 18 Freemen.. :smile:
    MizTy
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    I'm not going to lie, I'm a big fan of the Scouts post-update. The additional range helps them zip around and get crates/zombies that my other survivors can never reach, and saves me a lot of time on missions/challenges.

My teams vary a lot depending on the mission or challenge, but the only class I don't use in missions is Bruiser.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ggbatsMizTy
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    I use 3 assaults for low level challenge, assault/hunter/warrior for high level challenge, assault/shooter/warrior for outpost.
    SpacemanSpiffMizTy
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Challenge and exploration are often 2 assault and a hunter, until higher challenge levels where I start bringing two shooters and a hunter (firepower over spread). But if someone's in the hospital, I'll do explorations with virtually any combination of warrior, shooter, hunter, assault.

For raiding my favorite lately is assault, shooter, warrior. It used to be 2 assault and a shooter, or 2 shooter and assault, but with the advent of bullet dodge I find it helpful to have a melee along. Plus they help against cover. But again, if someone's in the hospital, almost any combination of shooters and/or warriors and/or assault will do. I don't bother taking hunters on raids.

I still have a bruiser on my outpost defence, but no use for scouts.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Boruto
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    I rotate between 2 hunters, 2 assaults and 1 shooter.

For early rounds of challenge missions, I bring a team consisting of 2 hunters and an assault.

For story missions and later rounds of challenge missions, I bring a team consisting of 2 hunters and 1 shooter.

Occasionally, I bring a warrior along for missions with many armored walkers.

I only use bruisers and scouts to fulfill daily quests that give bonus challenge stars such as (Use an all melee team, Use an all Bruiser team)

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    BorutoFester17
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Warrior, hunter shooter 95% of all missions. Occasionally my assault comes along :smile:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    @spartan912

dont you find it boring, all ranged teams?
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

@spartan912

Yeah, its too bad scouts are not use full (yet I hope). I really believe it can be a great addition to the game if they make those interesting too. Ill try your tactic later this week when the level 21/22 walkers reappear in my challenges. Looking at the global rankings you might know what you are talking about :wink:

But untill then my warrior is coming along! Ghehehe
    Everyone is Welcome!

Boruto
  • daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    Survivor combinations (and their relative power) will vary dramatically depending on WHAT you are doing. My preferred setups depend entirely on what I'm doing.

PVE:

-Mindlessly farming side missions? My default team is assault, hunter, and warrior. Each one can kill multiple targets in a single swipe and I can almost always mop up and get to the finish line before the first wave is really in the fight. No other combo will help me knock one of those out faster and with the same flexibility on average.
    -For storyline missions? It's pretty much the same thing unless the mission benefits from stealth in which case I'll roll a full melee team of whatever is best geared. If there's a ton of fatty walkers I'll drop the assault for a shooter for more single target stopping power.
    -For challenges? Multiple assaults, sub in a hunter for 3rd slot for the early stuff. Wide cone spread just makes it go so much faster. Once you reach the point where walker levels are at or above your level, I'll drop all but my best assaults and sub in warrior. If there's a ton of armored walkers, pull out 2 warriors + 1 ranged.

PVP:

The starting side of the gate is best suited to classes listed above for lots of reasons (multiple targets down per action, safety of range). This is not the case for the second half of the map. The game here is completely different. I almost don't want to let out my secret (I'm sure others are aware and using it to their advantage). But outposts are a completely different dynamic once you get on the other side of the gate. For both offense and defense in Outposts, I'm happy the general community undervalues bruisers. I'll see them from time to time as defenders, but almost never on the offensive. I ALWAYS run with at least 1 bruiser on the offensive unless my best is in the hospital (in which case I sub in my best warrior). I've done offense with 2 bruisers in the past, but getting through the front part is not a lot of fun as they can only take out 1 walker at a time and don't have enough stopping power to deal with high level fatties. Once you get to the back part? They are wrecking balls.

Stun. Stun wins pvp vs survivor defenders. Stun also wins pvp encounters for your survivors. It's rare that I don't have the opportunity to stun the entirety of the other team on my very first move through the gate. If my bruiser hits your guy, he or she is out for two turns and every hit he doesn't dodge is an automatic critical. Paired with assault stun, unless you placed your characters very well, I might just keep your guys (all 3) locked down for the entire fight. My favorite is when all 3 defenders are close enough that I can charge stun the whole team for 2 rounds.

One day people will wisen up and prioritize stun resistance on their defender's gear. Until then, bruisers are, in my opinion, the ultimate outpost class.

Offense combos in order of my preference

Bruiser/Assault/Shooter
    Bruiser/Assault/Hunter
    Bruiser/Assault/Warrior
    Bruiser/Assault/Scout (lol)
    Warrior/Assault/Shooter
    Warrior/Assault/Hunter

If I make it to your gate, even after the changes, I win. I prefer to hunt fellow level 16s, but will go up as far as 18 (generally no higher than 17). I rarely see defenders under 16 in my tier, but if so that's easy. Even after the changes with the introduction of bullet dodge and bullet proof. Worst case scenario (not often) time runs out and I have to click complete on the last turn. Most of the time, it's 3 dead defenders and the goods. The only rounds I've lost were when I zoned in to a full complement of level 19 walkers. I'd prefer to quit and send a player to the hospital than try and wade through that crap with my level 16s.

Defense?

I'll keep my setup to myself. My walkers are terrible, lv 11 standard walkers, 2 level 8 armored and 2 level 8 fatties. My survivors are level 16. Anyone in my tier can take out my walkers with their eyes closed, both hands tied behind their back, and still make it to my gate uninjured. Repop waves behind them are pathetically weak, so the only challenge raiding my map is what comes after the gate. I've won 9 out of 10 of the last defense - and the one I lost was a guy who clicked "Complete" before opening my gate. The other 9 all had epic/legendary survivors ranging 16-18, and they all bit the dust.

Defense is easier since the changes. Offense is more challenging - but I enjoy the challenge.
    BorutoSpacemanSpiff
  • LonesLones Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2016
    Hi @daegun, may I know your in game nick/name? Thanks :smile:
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @daegun Excellent write-up man, and well-articulated. I would only question the use of bruisers. I've found there is a growing prevalence of this gear, see photo (which I now equip on all my defenders for outposts). If/with stacking with Luck, they don't get stunned anymore, even in my mini-testing against fatties. Unfortunately, I feel Bruisers are even more of a dying breed now...

This new trait now:
    PR0DJ
  • daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    As more people gear up their defenders with stun resist, assault and bruisers will be pointless to bring along. If they stack stun resist to the exclusion of dodge, bullet resistance and iron skin, they will be more vulnerable to the popular ranged and melee classes.

It encourages diversity, which is good.

As it stands, my defenders and raiders steamroll people because 95% or more of people focus on their hunters and shooters. My setup will only be less potent when people step away from those classes. The more people step away from those classes, in time the more powerful they will become.

My setup violates the rectums of the popular classes. If they stop being popular, I'll have to rethink my strategy. For now, I earn influence while sleeping because I look like an easy target.
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45
    Exploration Missions:
    Hunter/Hunter/ and Hunter or Shooter - I like to attract more walker for XP

Outpost:
    Assault/Bruiser/Warrior
    Use this combo for the stun on Humans and the Bruiser/Warrior to keep the walkers away

other than that depends on the missions and who's not in the hospital.
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682
    On exploration missions, I normally use 3 hunters or 2 hunters and either a warrior/shooter/assault.

For challenges, I start with 3 assaults, then go with 2 assaults/1 hunter, then 2 hunters/1 assault, to eventually using either 3 hunters or 2 hunters/1 shooter when I need to pack more of a punch.

Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    My go to combo is Assault, Shooter and Warrior. It gives me the option to move in slowly if I need to, or just charge in aggressively. When attacking an Outpost, I'll use a Bruiser in place of my Warrior.
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    I love assault! With unconditional love. If those bitches weren't so weak against stronger lvl zombies I would use them and only them..........but..... In their moments of weakness and they need a nap I use shooters and hunters. I don't really care for the melee group........they are the red headed step children in my family lol :smiley:
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 942
    @spartan912 *hugssss*

I use the ones that are the best geared and has the best traits. Somehow I have horrible luck in gear, so whichever gear comes first, that's the survivor I will use for most of my grinding and high level challenges ;)

Currently, my best survivors are 1 hunter, 1 warrior, and 1 scout. If I need crowd control, I will usually bring a shooter instead of the hunter. The hunter's splash damage sometimes hits a dormant walker and it makes them angry :(

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    Ovidmikel
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    My A team = Legendary Assault, Hunter and Legendary Shooter
    or Hunter and two shooters
    or Two hunters and one shooter
  • AthorienAthorien Member Posts: 33
    Assault hunter and warrior or 2 assault+hunter or wsrrior
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    I use Hunter/Shooter/Assault/Warrior (mostly ranged team, but warrior for armored)

But those who use scouts, can you share your experience in my thread: New strategies for faster scouts?
    It's in strategy section of the forum so not much people visit it.)))
    Jenng