damage display problem or it's still not fixed ?

I'm not sure if the damage problem still exists only for me or not ? sorry if this had been answered.

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,351
    edited July 2016
    @kennyszeto , it's due to the lethal trait (silver 10%) on the level 20 weapon. It's a little more than 10% from the screenshots due to lucky level 3 (9%).

Edit: see calculation below, it's a coincidence regarding luck, my error.
  • kennyszetokennyszeto Member Posts: 19
    i see. thanks ...
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @zbot , my understanding is luck doesn't affect the lethal trait , as it's not a chance trait , has this been changed ?
    SpacemanSpiff
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    I was wondering the exact same thing after seeing @zbot 's response. If true, then it makes Luck even more valuable and is the undisputed best trait in the entire game. Like, ever.
    Or am I misunderstanding something?
    Japes87Papacas
    I remember running the numbers, 1388-830=558 base, no other traits.

558+645=1203, 1324-1203=121, 645*0.10=65, 645*0.09=58

65+58=123 assumed rounding.

Come to find out that it's 558+645=1203, 1203*0.1=120.3 or 1203+120=1323.3 rounded to 1324.

Checking with NG to see if this is the way it's supposed to work since deadly was only on weapon before.

My apologies, had a brain freeze moment and the numbers were close enough, that's what happens when you answer questions on the run but that's no excuse for getting it wrong.

• Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Don't be so hard on yourself man , you were actually just legit trying to help someone. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to rethink my entire arsenal lol .. without clarity from NG , all of our stats and testing are imperfect. Help us out here @OldGoth
    Conan1976
  • Avalon8Avalon8 Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2016
    I had to do the same caluclation with my hunter, because I was confused about the high damage of a level 20 weapon, compared to a level 21 rifle.. So I found out that NG's math is (probably) correct and the reason for the higher damage is only the lethal trait. But you can't compare 2 different weapons, if they don't have the same level or rarity. (Because the base damage is different)... well maybe you can, but that's too much math for me :wink:

If you look at the 2 rifles here, you see that the one with the lethal trait does exactly 15% more damage than the other one.

Rifle without the lethal trait:
    Base 830 / Total Damage: 1675
    Rifle with the lethal trait:
    Base: 830 / Total Damage 1926
    Difference: 1926 - 1675 = 251 = 15%

@kennyszeto If you have an epic level 20 weapon, without the lethal trait, give it to Ryan, the difference should be 10%.

I hope this makes sense :smile:
    Japes87
  • CarloCarlo Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2016
    Seems like the lethal and similar traits increase survivor + weapon damage, while previously they only increased weapon damage. Not sure if this change will be reverted or not.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I had a question regarding a possible issue with numbers display (rather than make a whole new thread figured i'd piggy back on this one). I had been talking with @OneLessTitan and doing a spreadsheet but in it's simplest form i'll post a small sample. @Estrella hope you don't mind me using your layout (it's clear and to the point)

….
    Level 17 Base Rare Rifle (no unlocked traits)
    Base 351 / Total Damage 1019 = 668 Difference
    ….
    Level 17 Base Epic Rifle (no unlocked traits)
    Base 383 / Total Damage 1055 = 672 Difference
    ….
    Level 17 Base Legendary Rifle (no unlocked traits)
    Base 415 / Total Damage 1090 = 675 Difference
    Increases between rarity of the same level
    Rare to Epic by 32 / Total damage by 36
    Epic to Legendary by 32 / Total Damage by 35

Can anyone figure out where these extra points to total damage are coming from? If the base damage of the weapon increases (and there's no lethal trait attached) shouldn't the total damage increase by the same amount?

I've attached screen shots below to show the numbers.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    I suspect it might have something to do with the marksman trait (all of my hunters have that trait so I cant create a sample to compare it to)

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Yeah I believe it has to do with marksman as well. If what you're posting is current then they haven't fixed it yet.
    Back from 2016 :p
    @theRealBender yeah these screen shots were from literally moments before i posted. When I was doing my equations and seeing that the numbers didn't add up, it must have been based on that marksman trait (and since all of my hunters have marksman I have nothing i can compare it against)

• Avalon8Avalon8 Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2016
    So, I also wanted to know if the numbers didn't add up correctly because of the marksman-trait, so I used 3 x 1 calls and got this loser here, luckily without marksman :smiley:

Unfortunately I don't have a rare rifle to compare, but at least an epic and a legendary. :smile: aaaaand, everything seems to be correct now :smiley:

Epic weapon level 18
    Base 455 / Total damage: 885

legendary weapon level 18
    Base 493 / Total damage: 923

Difference:
    Weapons: 38 / Total: 38

• OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited July 2016
    Pretty sure we established that Marksman is boosting the display value over the weekend. (http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/12467/base-damage-and-health-info-gone#latest)

The unaccounted for difference with the weapon traits (especially lethal, maybe other traits too) is what we've been trying to figure out...is that what your formula accounted for @zbot?
    DLich
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    Unless I'm mistaken that link is to a post that shows issues with Lethal trait on weapons.
    Marksman trait's job is to boost damage. The question is whether it is doing so correctly or not, and whether what is displayed is affecting actual numbers in battle.
    Unless @DLich numbers are wrong he is showing something that doesn't make sense or is incorrect on the surface. It seems like it would be issues with the Marksman trait on his Epic because his control weapons do not have traits activated.
    Things look to be in good working order with @Estrella 's samples.

Back from 2016 :p
    @theRealBender -- not sure if you are referring to my link, but my post in that link removed Lethal Weapon Trait from the equation, and showed that Marksman Survivor Trait was adding the appropriate % to the base Weapon Damage Value, giving consistent Base Survivor Damage Values.

I messed around trying to figure out how Lethal Weapon Trait figured in, but didn't come up with any formula after trying for a few minutes. That's what I was asking about from @zbot equation; I wasn't sure what the numbers were.
    @OneLessTitan , I think that's the issue. Before weapon traits affected weapons only. Survivor trait affected survivors only. But now it seems what I assumed isn't what's showing up but more. NG and Carlo is aware of the issues so will need to wait.
    @zbot -- Marksman Survivor Trait always stated that "Ranged Weapons do xx more damage"...so, in theory, the boost should have always been applied to the Weapon Damage. Not sure if that's actually how it worked.

Honestly, I can't remember how the Total Damage Values were displayed prior to 1.10; I just remember that Base Damage and Health of the Survivor used to be listed so it made calculating how Marksman was added to Total Damage Values easy after 1.10. Wasn't sure if your formula identified how Lethal was being factored into Displayed Damage Value at the moment. If it did, then we'd be able to figure out if it changes and they don't tell us!
    @OneLessTitan , sorry if my explanation was confusing, before a trait affected either survivor or weapon not both as what lethal and marksmanship is doing now.