Defensive Stance vs Strong - actual observations

I'm asking players who have seen and tested Defensive Stance.

1) Straight reduction of damage points or is it helping a modifier to a damage roll?

2) What is the % at lvl 5?

3) If you had to choose between Defensive Stance and Strong trait which would you have?

Thanks & may RhaeNyGos Bless you
Back from 2016 :p

Comments

• PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    Why you compare it with Strong? Strong is damage increaser. Defensive Stance is damage reduction.

I guess lvl 5 should be 40%, but Idk.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    We don't get to choose the traits ... I have two identical bruisers except one has DS and the other has Strong
    Wow Defensive Stance seems to be so popular
  • DecusDecus Member Posts: 29
    In my opinion defensive stance is the worst trait ever. With low level walkers i dont need it and with high level - its dont help much. Strong/Marksman is for me one of the best traits for all survivors (maybe not for the bruisers) together with luck, dodge, bullets dodge and sure shot/power strike. Doing a bit more damage help a lot very often.
    JVC_TWDrachel227

We don't get to choose the traits ... I have two identical bruisers except one has DS and the other has Strong

Defensive Stance maybe good for outpost defenders, but I don't care about it much.

If you use bruiser - he suppose to be a "tank" and often stay on one place, so maybe for bruiser it is ok, since 40% dmg reduction is not bad. But I don't use them, so I am no expert.)
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    Defensive Stance is f'n bs imo. If you have interrupt on your survivor that'll do the job. And if you don't have interrupt on your survivor then you need to get it lol
    PR0DJ[Deleted User]
    Well, then I'll get rid of extra Legends who have Defensive Stance then lol
    @JVC_TWD Anyway I think it can be tolerated if coupled with Power Strike or Sure Shot, especially if Power Strike works when retaliate.
    But it is already 3 traits, so other two is Dodge and Luck.
    So... better just use interrupt...
    But my legendary huntress got Defensive Stance as 5th trait - so she went to outpost right away.... It's good I had second hunter who got Sure Shot. He is my favorite now.

Well, then I'll get rid of extra Legends who have Defensive Stance then lol

I think we still don't have enough info and statistical data to judge it like this, so my advice: don't kick everybody out right away, maybe it is useful, or if it is not - maybe thay will fix it somehow.
    But if you have more legends than slots - it's your choice.)
    edited July 2016
    @theRealBender most of my survivors got defensive stance. Since the new update, Strong/Marksman has been affecting the damage statistics (same with Lethal on weapons).

So imo Strong/Marksman is more useful as it adds a max of 15% more damage to the attack. If you have interrupt then defensive stance is voided unless:

1) interrupt is wasted on the wrong walker/raider
    2) interrupt is used on one walker/raider when multiple are coming towards you so you'll interrupt one of them and then give the rest a chance to hit you
    edited July 2016
    @prodj interrupt is only found on weapons not characters. Also, defensive stance only works when kept on overwatch. Idk about you but I don't keep my survivors on overwatch when I'm attacking the survivors on someone's outpost. I'm around 4000 influence points and I see the same setup about 90% of the time. If I keep my survivors on overwatch then it'll be wasted because my enemies' survivors don't move because they are all in cover already and have the range to shoot/attack me.
    Suppose it's useful if a mistake is made or unsure about winning a high level mission.
    @JVC_TWD
    JVC_TWD
    JVC_TWD said:

@prodj interrupt is only found on weapons not characters.

Nobody said otherwise.
    JVC_TWD