Should rare gear be removed from gold crates in all aspects of NML

Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
edited July 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
This is a very simple poll , aside from auto-center , I believe this is an issue that every single player active on these forums wants to be fixed. (there's about 100 threads on it) Rare gear does not make any sense to be a drop from gold crates , as hard as they are to find now. I have been farming Blind Spot and am over 120 stars in now , I've received 8 gold crates of which 7 were rare gear that I scrapped for around 5k xp. Last gold crate was ketchup ..

It's starting to seriously hamper my playing enjoyment so I'm doing this poll in the hopes that you all will take part and NG will realize that anything is better than rare gear in gold crates (but tokens would be fantastic) .. they have listened to players in the past when there is a huge majority and it's brought to them respectfully , so here goes. Thanks to whoever takes part :)

Should rare gear be removed from gold crates in all aspects of NML 70 votes

Yes , please for the love of all things holy , remove the awful green gear from gold crates
97%
Neil_JLambarigabriel_lwhspartan912tembelDrBOBDeadBeat[Deleted User]LacBill_ZRTAndriusJAZZZMANStaceyElizabethJamesAvalon8ggbatsantmasmith93FreezyEryk 68 votes
No , fine with the way things are
2%
blynknzDCBMET 2 votes
Squad

Comments

• ErykEryk Member Posts: 30
    Yes , please for the love of all things holy , remove the awful green gear from gold crates
    Once you get to the higher levels where good rewards are you get next to no good or silver crates. So frustrating when you do get a Lvl 5 legendary gear. Would love to see more balanced level of crates and not all in early stages make it even please
    Japes87
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @zbot I'm not sure who moved this thread but why was it moved? While it may be a game suggestion , it's also a general NML poll and will get more views and responses in the general discussion. The point of this is to let NG know constructively how we hope to get something important in the game changed. I would appreciate it being moved back to general discussion so it doesn't die here.. it can always be moved later if need be
    masmith93[Deleted User]
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634

Japes87[Deleted User]
  • cromulentcromulent Member Posts: 4
    No more green. Any high level player does not need any of the green gear offered from a gold crate. Worst of all scrapping it gives roughly 2/3 the value of a regular xp point drop. At a minimum put the xp in to replace the gear but the token idea is a great carrot to dangle. More gold spent to find tokens = more gold phased = more $ for NG.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    yes hate it remove them
    rare is not good enough for gold
    keep green in silver crates not both
    So I'm 130 stars in now on Blind Spot , got my first end of mission with 2 gold crates , went against my gut and bought more opens just to see.. big surprise! Also I have the gas booster .. how anyone can't see that this is the most ridiculous problem in the game is beyond me. I'm starting to think if they'll bury my poll , they probably aren't planning on fixing it .. I've tried to be patient and respectful with them , but I'm close to just giving up . Hopefully more people vote and they still do something tho , there's always the chance I suppose
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Ouch @Japes87 I had the exact same situation in the beginning of the week. Spend gold to open gold and silver crates, got two rares and two gases while on the gas booster.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Japes87
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    Japes87 said:

So I'm 130 stars in now on Blind Spot , got my first end of mission with 2 gold crates , went against my gut and bought more opens just to see.. big surprise! Also I have the gas booster .. how anyone can't see that this is the most ridiculous problem in the game is beyond me. I'm starting to think if they'll bury my poll , they probably aren't planning on fixing it .. I've tried to be patient and respectful with them , but I'm close to just giving up . Hopefully more people vote and they still do something tho , there's always the chance I suppose

This is why I don't spend gold to open unlocks (I MIGHT for 5 or 10 gold.) because I really hate spending gold to get green gear. Which is why I have far less legendary equipment than those that do ... but I feel better still lol
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Japes87SgtSalami
  • I'm not casting a ballot because I'm in between feelings in both answers. I certainly don't think things are fine as they are, but also don't feel that every gold crate needs to be awesome.
    I'm more towards removing 50% percent of green in exchange for better items, radio's, etc or making any received green have a base lvl better than my highest survivor of that class. For me to use a Ivl 18 rifle, it has to start higher not lower. The only way a weapon is not obsolete is if it's beneficial to your survivor.
    If I have an epic or better weapon the rate of the rare weapon had better be 2 lvl's higher or it has no value.
    They need to adjust the quality if not the quanity.
    I'm saving a rare 18 jacket for when my shooter gets to that lvl. Its the only rare piece I've kept
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    [Deleted User]Japes87
  • But don't get me started on 1 star equipment, no lvl of that junk is worth the time, effort, or aggravation
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    [Deleted User]
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    Just to play devil's advocate.
    I hate that nearly everytime I open a legendary or epic gear I have to scrap that junk because it has garbage traits. I feel much better about scrapping green gear. I barely have to think about it sometimes.
    edited July 2016
    @Rubberelemental everyone is entitled to their opinion of course , but gold crates (mission or TG) are the only way we have of getting any good gear we can possibly upgrade anymore besides epic and legendary crates and buying them in bundles , the point of this poll was to address the hundreds of comments and complaints about rare gear in gold crates. When you get rare gear , like you said , you don't even have to think about scrapping it , it gives you roughly 5k xp at level 19 , that makes It equivalent to a regular crate's worth of xp .. with how hard gold crates are to come by now , I see a huge problem with it. Yes , with epic and legendary gear it's tough to find good traits , but at least there's always a chance that it will be upgradable. Just my opinion , but it's making me spend less money on the game , not more , and I can't be the only one. Thanks for taking the time to vote regardless
    mcbkhicks
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    I was jerkin yer gerkin. Of course rare gear in a gold ticket is bs...
    Japes87
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    Strongly agree that they should stop this. That being said, removing rare items and replacing with anything else would be pretty game breaking for tg purchased gold crates. It would be reasonable for story, challenge, exploration though so how hard would it be to make them independent.

There are 3 rarities of crates, 5 rarities of gear they should take the green out or put epics in silver crates.
    Japes87
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    Agreed. It should look something more similar to this:

Gold - Legendary
    Silver- Epic and Rare
    Bronze - Uncommon and Common

I rarely see gold crates anymore since they removed deadly missions so when i do see a gold crate my heart skips and does the happy dance while my mind knows i get a big steamy pile of crap 90% of the time.
    Japes87[Deleted User]mcbkhicks
  • daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    I hate getting green gear in gold chests almost as much as I hate pulling 3 green survivors on a 15 radio pull. It would be nice if gold meant automatic blue or better gear if you DO get gear (vs xp radios or ketchup).

Having said that, just know that everyone has the same problems you do. Making great blue/gold gear more rare allows for some separation between those who play a lot and those who don't. A max level legendary survivor with max legendary gear with perfect traits represents a massive investment of time (or cash). If such survivors and gear are made too easy to get or too common, it cheapens the investment of those who have already spent a lot of time building their teams.
    @daegun you make some solid points , just to be clear , I'm not suggesting they put epic and leg gear into gold crates instead of rare gear (although it would be nice) I don't believe that would make sense on the path NG seems to be on with people having to purchase good gear , I'm more just trying to get them to put anything else that still feels like you got a good reward out of a gold crate ... More xp , radios, even ketchup (I'll always have the pipe dream of class tokens lol) just not the heart sinking green gear that has become my ultimate nemesis in this game .

Thanks to everyone for voting and coming over to the thread of forgotten dreams here where my poll was moved to do so :)
  • daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    I would rather get 10 class tokens in gold chests over green gear. Green should only be found in silver and regular crates imo, and silver crates should have a rare chance at blue and turbo rare chance at gold gear.

Right now you only get gold out of gold crates, but 50% of the time you get pathetic green gear.
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    But every once in a long while, level-appropriate legendary pops up. This is from a few minutes ago. But I've definitely scrapped my share of green stuff...

loot.jpg 313.5K
    Japes87
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    So this is about not having appropriate gold crate-level rewards show up, specifically green/rare gear. Of course Legendary equipment is exactly appropriate, expected, and welcomed from gold crates.

15-radio calls only giving Epic or Legendary survivors is silly at best. They are worth far more than 15 radios & removing Rare/green (and below) survivors from 15-radio calls would put game balance into the gutter.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Japes87
    If the scrap value of green gear was somewhere in the 15-20k xp range , I wouldn't have as much of an issue with rare gear in gold crates .. but in this game climate where gold crates are much harder to come by and the fact that rare gear can be found in silver crates , it feels like every time that rare gear pops up in a gold crate , we are being penalized .. add to that the fact that it is SO OFTEN in gold crates. I am only speaking for myself here .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I'm still trying to figure out why Epic gear is awarded for completing an Episode. I think after doing that much work players should get a legendary piece of gear as a reward. Getting an Epic piece seems like a slap in the face imo.
    Japes87mcbkhicks
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I would say YES and NO.

My personal opinion is that they should make upgrading costs for rare gear much cheaper compared to the epic / legendary stuff. By that people would really start using it and not always scrapping it and waiting forever for the right legendary stuff and complaining all the time in the forum that they don't get legendary equipment.

So, if they lower the costs, then NO.
    If they stay. Then of course YES.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities