Problem with armor?

Normally my bruisers sail thru the low level weekly challenges without damage. Today, however, two have been bruised by lvl 2 and lvl 4 walkers. This didn't use to happen. Anyone else notice this? The bruiser pictured was damaged by lvl 4 walkers.

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @sborg
    I don't see how this is possible. You'd probably have to take over 500 points of damage to get bruised. You should try to get screenshots showing low level walkers hitting your survivors. I'm guessing they're either doing WAY too much damage or something else in the game is buggy.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I sure did notice @sborg. My level 19 warrior with level 22 legendary armor was bruised by two hits from a walker on the very first level of the Forest Challenge this morning. Something has to be nefred. This should be impossible to happen at such a low level even after 10 hits, much less two hits.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    Yes same here, level 19 warrior with level 21 armor! 2 hits and bruised! This happened from a burning walker.. I remember when they were first introduced the same thing happened and then they fixed it!

Did you all notice if your damage was from a regular walker or a burning one?
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    JVC_TWDInvader
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Burning for me on the railroad tracks mission.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Are you fighting fire walkers with your melee weapon survivors? If so it could be the fire damage that's reducing your health enough to get hospital time. The fire damage is substantial even on low level fire walkers.
  • DuckDuck Member Posts: 119
    Ya'll got burnt.. :)
    Shut_UpMystiquePR0DJ
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 579
    Mystique said:

Yes same here, level 19 warrior with level 21 armor! 2 hits and bruised! This happened from a burning walker.. I remember when they were first introduced the same thing happened and then they fixed it!

Did you all notice if your damage was from a regular walker or a burning one?

Yep. The damage seems to come from contact with the burning walkers. Doesn't take much.

Mystique
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    I hate these new challenges where you don't know what to expect...damnit!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    MystiqueDangerBAzBewbs
    @Shut_Up yes it may sound counter productive to use melee on the burning walkers as I know about the fire damage! Lol.. I was using a quest and after the original way over powered damage when they first came out they seemed to have fixed it!!

I have done this many times over the last however many times this map has come out with no issues! The initial hit was something like 22 off and then the little popup with the fire icon had like 177 or something like that from a level 4 walker! In the higher levels (usually about 340+ stars for me on this map) one hit would mean certain death at this rate! Something definitely has been change this time around imo!
    ggbats
    edited July 2016
    @Mystique I was talking more to @sborg because you did say your damage was from burning walkers. Sorry about that.

I never used melee against burning walkers till the last time the forest came up and at that time it was doing the massive damage with burning that it's doing this time around.
    Mystique
    Could be my old age affecting my memory ;) since it seems we haven't had this challenge in awhile! But it's always been my favorite!

Hoping this time around I have finally managed some great dodge abilities like @Terminates to maximize the Lost Bunker! :)
    Terminatesggbats
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 579
    I'm noticing my survivors get burnt even when they carry out the attack, as opposed to being hit. Guess the solution is to use ranged weapons.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    The solution is to bring franks and marshmellows. Ya know, make lemonade from the lemons.
    Back from 2016 :p
    Mystiqueggbats
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Glad Im not the only one. I didn't even see my warrior get "bruised", but on the closing screen it showed up.
    It was from a fire walker while trying to complete the melee quest.

I thought I must of really F'ed up to get hit that much.

a quick look here http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Walkers shows that the fire walkers never did that much damage.
    So a bug, or did they get adjusted with the other balancing?
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    Yea, that burn dmg even when we one-shot them with melee. I had the bruiser & scout quest bonuses so used melee, thinking I was hot-shit. I was stupid. Got bruised, meaning quest-bonus star wasted. Use range for those burning walker challenges, save melee bonuses for other challenges, is my suggestion after-the-fact.
    ggbats
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    Yep. Burner hit my lvl 16 for 178 fire damage on a 22 hit.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    And of course they only damage themselves <10.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,200
    Yep, my level 17 bruiser and warrior got bruised by level 2 or 3 burning walkers.

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

• JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Same happened for me. I never had to flee in the first round. Hilarious !! :#
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    Yes both my profiles I was using scouts for challenge stars, had no damage what so ever yet when I completed the mission I had 2 injured survivors, my guild told me you cannot use melee weapons with burners nwhich I did not know about
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 942
    @Mystique Thanks for tagging me, sunshine ;)

I'll put up a video soon on how to do Bunker without using dodge. Just need an interruptor ;p

*kisses*

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    MystiqueggbatsJapes87Julialicious
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    edited July 2016
    Haha people are already getting so used to dodging everything that they forget that burning walkers, even low level ones, can be dangerous to melee survivors. Maybe new fireproof trait should be added to game :)
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Terminates
    bring it on!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    @Terminates Thank you, looking forward to it! :)
  • LonesLones Member Posts: 112
    Survivor armed with a fire extinguisher should work... LOL :wink:
    Yeah my first post in this thread should have said even if you kill a fire walker with a melee weapon survivor it can be damaged from the fire. Of course getting hit will also cause fire damage.

While I remember talking big damage last time forest challenge came up I do vaguely remember at one point the fire damage scaled up with level as wiki suggested. Now it looks like it's 10% of the survivor health. I haven't taken 2 hits in the same challenge yet so I'm not sure if it's 10% of the survivor's starting health or if it's 10% of current health.
  • Leon_UKLeon_UK Member Posts: 41
    Yeah, definitely a thing...pretty funny if very annoying
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    The worst part about melee survivors and burning walkers is Retaliate...they hit you for 10...who cares, fire burns you for 200+ damn....then you retaliate killing them and earning another 200+ damage in the process. Doh!
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

TheLostOnes
    @Terminates oh I think I may have just fallen in love!! :) lol... Thank you for sharing that!! You Rock Hun! X