Legendary Daryl is actually good (in my opinion)

He actually kicks-ass on the field. Sure, some traits are less than ideal. But I think his base-stats are higher than other comparable legendary Hunters. I don't know WTF is up with that useless crossbow, but he can use a rifle instead, lol

I know he's getting flamed on the Forums, but I think he's not bad at all. Just saying'

Japes87WalkerBait1The_Vengeful_1JenngSmittY

Comments

• Doc_PughDoc_Pugh Member Posts: 91
    I agree!
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    Lol I don't think so. I wish I could retire him
    OvidmikelSipher07SlickRickDanofthedead
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited July 2016
    How many SILENT shots do you get from him I've shot over 100 to.es and not one silenced and he dont Dodge I have two leg hunters with 15% luck and Dodge that in all situations are better and ia hunter with retaliate kinda goes against ranged . I too wish I could retire him for hunter tokens
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @SpacemanSpiff you could be right here .. my legendary 19 non-hero hunter is 1783 total damage with a 987 damage level 22 gun .. she also has 5/5 marksman.. do you happen to have a level 22 rifle without the lethal trait that you could equip Daryl with to confirm? Here's mine
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Japes87

The main reason in the damage difference is he has Daryl using one with 15% damage...put that weapon on your hunter and his damage would be identical or at least very close
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Japes87
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    edited July 2016
    @Japes87 If non-Lethal trait rifle (with everything else same), base dmg listed as "1869."

(On a sidenote, ALL survivors can now upgrade traits to a new max up to what appears to be "10" now, hence the purple-stars they add, so marksman on survivor can go up I think to 20% increase. Each upgrade adds another 1% so far). Obviously I didn't do it yet for Daryl.
    ....But it's an absolutely ridiculous amount of tokens needed under this new system for new max, even by my liberal standards.
    Japes87
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    yeah, wtf is the Retaliate about? i guess it helps since he's likely gonna get hit
    Danofthedead
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @atrainofficial lmao this is true lol
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Wahats the max silence on Daryl with gold silences rifle and maxed luck stacked? 90%?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    Even if I went through the excruciatingly painful process of levelling him to legendary level 5, he would only be my 4th best hunter, and the bonus silent trait is too low % to be relied on tactically. Very disappointing, a good idea ruined by poor execution.
    [Deleted User]
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @SpacemanSpiff

Impressive upgrade skills :smile:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @SlickRick now I'm very confused... weren't we just told by staff that those added damage totals from lethal and marksman were taken out of the overall damage this update and that was the reason for the lowered damage everyone was freaking out about?
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    That would be the same staff that told us there's be other ways to get tokens. The same staff that told us over and over again they would "look into things". My sarcasm level sure has gone up since I play this game.
    [Deleted User]BadLuckChuckMystique
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016

(On a sidenote, ALL survivors can now upgrade traits to a new max up to what appears to be "10" now, hence the purple-stars they add, so marksman on survivor can go up I think to 20% increase. Each upgrade adds another 1% so far). Obviously I didn't do it yet for Daryl.

....But it's an absolutely ridiculous amount of tokens needed under this new system for new max, even by my liberal standards.

@SpacemanSpiff
    Are you saying once you maxed ALL your Legendary survivor's traits to 5 you discovered that they can be further leveled? The devs said previously they are maxed at level 5. Also how would you know the upper limit? After trait #3 is upgraded to level 5, which trait is highlighted to be upgraded next? Can you post a screen shot (tap on the trait so we can see the description)?

Also, what purple stars? The only purple I've seen is from the Radio Tent call which indicates you have pulled a Hero survivor.

Back from 2016 :p
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    sooo....everybody has the exact same traits on daryl? My daryl has the exact same traits as @SpacemanSpiff
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Once you spend 500 tokens on your fully leveled 5 star survivor, the first star turns purple showing they are now a 6 star survivor. You can then start spending 500 tokens per trait to fully level your 6 star to a 7 star and you get two purple stars.
    NCDawgFan said:

Once you spend 500 tokens on your fully leveled 5 star survivor, the first star turns purple showing they are now a 6 star survivor. You can then start spending 500 tokens per trait to fully level your 6 star to a 7 star and you get two purple stars.

Ok so 500 more for 6* then 2000 more tokens for 7*, then 2500 more tokens each promotion up to 10*? So once you've "maxed" your Legend, then after 10,000 more class tokens, you can get the true survivor max of 10 stars with level 10 traits?
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @theRealBender Yep. After 5, you can promote and lvl up each trait to "6," then promote again, and so forth. Legendaries normally have 5 "white" stars on survivor screen (used to be yellow), so one star gets colored in purple now. Then repeat process to get a 2nd purple color star. Rinse & repeat until all 5 stars turn purple.

Does my explanation make sense, or is it utterly confusing? Sorry, I'm not sure how to articulate it well. (This should actually be NG's job to explain, lol)
    BuckzzJapes87DLichBadLuckChuck
    Your post was still helpful nonetheless lol
    SpacemanSpiff
  • DanofthedeadDanofthedead Member Posts: 60
    NCDawgFan said:

Where did you get this info at?
    [¬O-o]¬
  • Magee529Magee529 Member Posts: 81
    @SpacemanSpiff I noticed that Daryl is legendary and all his traits are maxed,now what is with the token counter saying 22/500 and the button says promote. What would Daryl be promoted to? Leader perhaps?
    @Magee529 um, are you even going to read this thread? lmao All your questions are answered right above your post ...
    ggbats
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Here you go @Danofthedead. My purple walker eater...
    OneLessTitan
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I like my free Daryl so far.
    After I gave him some proper armor and a good rifle with gold bore, he does ok.
    My srvrs are only level 15, but he sporting level 18 gear