Ask NG your Questions here, maybe they will answer...

OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
NG, your lack of communication recently has not been great. From vague update notes about crucial gameplay elements, to not answering questions that many players have, what most of us probably want is accurate information. When we do get Staff involved on the forums, they are usually informative and nice (from my experiences).

I understand you need to make money, and have no issues with that at all. Heck, you even converted me from a free player to one who has now spent ($2 on a gas booster during double food weekend...lol, I'm a real whale now). The main reason I don't spend more is because I like to know what I'm getting, and I am an information seeker by nature. I've spent hundreds on other games that were way less fun than this game, but I knew what I was purchasing in those games, and that my purchase would last over time.

I realize that the users on the forum represent a tiny speck in the overall population of the playing community, but the forum users really care about the game and want it to succeed, and are also willing to spend money on a product they enjoy.

Please keep the questions civil and respectful. Please don't post your suggestions or opinions on any of the answers, but feel free to ask follow up questions; let's keep this thread as tidy as possible and absent of anger. By doing so, hopefully we can establish better communication with developers of a game we care about. My goal is to create an easy place to converse with the staff about game issues that may not be clear. If you have a basic gameplay question, please search for the answer before posting it here. Thanks for respecting these guidelines to help maintain a productive line of communication. Also, if the staff below come by, maybe we don't have to tag them all the time and flood their notifications. Hopefully this thread will be a place they stop by frequently to shed some insight. Optimism!

@OldGoth @Teeceezy @Nekobasu @Shadowkeeper @Carlo @Overwatcher

I'll start it off with my questions that may or may not reflect some of the questions the community may have.

1. Has anything related to combat mechanics been adjusted in the 2.0 update? I know there are some display differences in damage values in the Survivor Profile that you guys are saying is a visual error/glitch. Point blank: have you changed any of the coding as it relates to combat?? Even if the changes were deemed as "minor" by NG. Answered.

2. Where are the drop rates from Hero Tokens being taken from? Since you added a new item to the Radio Calls, the drop rates have to come from somewhere. What drop rates were reduced? Legendary? Epic? Rare? A combination? I'm not asking for specific drop rates, but some transparency would be greatly appreciated.
--sort of answered, but answer doesn't seem to make sense....more confirmation needed

3. When will the fix come out that adjusts the drop values of Hero Tokens? Getting 2 or 8 Hero Tokens from a 15x Radio Call should not be possible. That's the equivalent value of pulling a Common/Uncommon Survivor. I can only assume that this was a programming error.
--answered, but keeping this open since the Token Value from 15x Radio calls is not equivalent to the level of Survivors you get.

4. Are increased Epic/Legendary Survivor Events now extinct? Answered.

Edit: Added gameplay questions from later in the thread...and some more of my own.

5. Is Swift Strike working properly? Many users have posted results that show the rate of Swift Strike activating way less than what is expected. Could there be an error in the combat formula? Maybe Swift Strike and Lucky aren't stacking?
--Teeceezy says it's on the agenda for tomorrow....

6. Is there still a "display error" with the Survivor Damage Value that's showed in the Survivor Profile? Marksman clearly states that "Ranged Weapons get xx% more damage", so based on that wording, Marksman should be applied to the Weapon's Base Damage, not the Survivor's Base Damage. Before 2.0 update, Marksman was being applied to the Weapon, now it's being applied to the Survivor. So, what is the actual "display error"? Is it in the wording of the Marksman Trait, or is it in the application of the Marksman Trait?

7. Has the "Silenced" Trait been nerfed? There has been numerous pics showing that it has....
--Answered: see the response (and refund info) here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/109458/#Comment_109458

8. Is Daryl's leader Trait working? Users are reporting that it isn't.

9. Will you guys be increasing the XP received from the XP tents? Many people believe the payout is far too low.

10. Are you still planning on implementing changes to Equipment? similar to the changes to Survivors? (like removing the Max Level)? If so, any timeframe? (Personal suggestion: Please keep any changes simple...we don't need any more currencies in this game...)

11. Are you guys thinking about simplifying the Hero Token economy? I realize that you won't probably won't admit this with the current Hero Event ongoing...but let me know...it's just you and me here!

12. Can you please tell us what the base Damage/Health Values are for all the Classes/Prestige Tiers/Levels are?

13. What are the unlockable Traits for all of the Heroes?

14. Has the drop rate for Trade Good Golden Crates been modified? Initial results look there could be a change for the positive...are these just good luck results? or has there been a change? I'd think if there was an improvement in the drop rates, you guys would be advertising that.

15. When are you guys getting rid of Defensive Stance, and replacing our current Survivors who have DEF Stance with Vigilant? or a different Trait if they already have both of the previously listed Traits. (Noticed I said "when", not "if". Sorry everyone, getting this trait removed is a personal goal of mine, and one of the perks of starting this thread!! lol)
masmith93gabriel_lwhMrSorrowDoTakJapes87BrunosanTraeIllbrainerConan1976DLich_wendy_NataNxyDanofthedeadInspTurbinesSlickRickRick_ZKAnnette578HercamurnkyjimmydawiseClaypoolStaceyElizabethJAZZZMAN

Comments

• RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    A dev mentioned in a previous thread/post about a rebalancing of XP... When should we expect this?

Weapon upgrades were also mentioned. What is on the horizon for this and when should we expect this?

Another topic covered by i believe Oldgoth was that there were going to be other ways to obtain tokens. How will they be made available and when will this take effect?

Can we expect the damage and hp nerfs to be rectified?

Going forward, can we expect greater transparency with game changes?

• Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    There are obvious issues with swift strike and the new charge weapon trait stacking with luck (from many different accounts from different players) can your Dev team please make sure those traits are stacking with luck as intended? Thanks
    Danofthedead
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    I would like to know what is the correct Base Survivor Damage for a Level 19 Legendary Hunter.

Below you will see screenshots of the 2 Level 19 Legendary Hunters that I have, from before update 2.0 vs after update 2.0

1. Jill

Before update 2.0

After update 2.0

2. Tom

Before update 2.0

After update 2.0

After update 2.0, Jill had 263 lesser total displayed damage while Tom had 83 lesser total displayed damage. Note that both survivors are equipped with the same gears they had from before update 2.0.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    DanofthedeadHavoc
  • ShadowkeeperShadowkeeper Staff Posts: 77
    @OneLessTitan

1. Nope, nothing. Before some survivor damage showed too much, and now it was fixed to show the correct amount.
    2. There is no negative effect on the drop rates of the regular survivor rarities.
    3. Hero token amounts are random, but you can choose a normal survivor if you'r rather.
    4. No immediate plans for Epic/Legendary survivor events, but the future is unknown.
    OneLessTitanIllbrainerGeneral_Paintembelanti812manyAnnette578
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    I would also like to know the Base Survivor Damage for a Level 19 Legendary Assault.

1. Joel

Before update 2.0

After update 2.0

After update 2.0, Joel had 76 lesser Total Displayed Damage. Note that he is equipped with the same gears he had from before update 2.0.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    ClaypoolDanofthedead
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited July 2016

@OneLessTitan

1. Nope, nothing. Before some survivor damage showed too much, and now it was fixed to show the correct amount.
    2. There is no negative effect on the drop rates of the regular survivor rarities.
    3. Hero token amounts are random, but you can choose a normal survivor if you'r rather.
    4. No immediate plans for Epic/Legendary survivor events, but the future is unknown.

Thank you very much for the response @Shadowkeeper !! But I have to follow up with #2 in regards to the drop percentage for radio calls. I'm just making up #s here, but if a Legendary previously had a drop rate of 5%, Epic 25%, Rare 70%, that equals the 100%. If a 4th option (Hero Tokens) is introduced, and it's drop rate is 5%, doesn't it mathematically make sense that the 4th option couldn't be added without reducing the odds/drop rate of something that already existed. Otherwise, we are looking at 105% odds. Granted, I don't fully understand how your RNG works, but I know how exactly how RNG works in other games, so I don't get how a new outcome can be added without reducing the odds of at least one of the previous outcomes.

Thanks again!

Edited to add how RNG works in other games, using Radio Calls and the %s above as an example.
    1. Random number is generated 1-100.
    2. If RNG # = 1 thru 70, survivor = Rare
    3. If RNG # = 71 thru 95, survivor = Epic
    4. If RNG # = 96 thru 100, survivor = Legendary
    5. So, to add another outcome, some of the previously assigned #s must go to the new potential outcome.
    DanofthedeadInspTurbinesBrunosanNecroboogie
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399

You forgot the potato
  • DuckDuck Member Posts: 119
    Okey, the damage wasn't nerfed in THIS update..
    Q. But what about walkers health, is that increased?
    Can't remember a lvl 22 tank had over 10000 in health before update?
    @Shadowkeeper
    DanofthedeadMelaniexAnnette578
    Duck said:

@Shadowkeeper

If that's the case (I haven't checked), then Walker Health has been increased. After the previous update, a level 22 Tank had 8386 health.
  • DuckDuck Member Posts: 119

Duck said:

@Shadowkeeper

If that's the case (I haven't checked), then Walker Health has been increased. After the previous update, a level 22 Tank had 8386 health.
    Checked again :) It's recc level 22 and it had 10k+..
    In my case this is major..
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @gabriel_lwh
    your pictures show clearly, that only bonuses from 'marksman' and 'lethal' have been removed from the total damage score, but idk why NG did this...
    theses bonuses are permanent in combat and not part of a dice roll, so imo it would be better to keep them in the total damage score so you can better calculate the possible outcome of a shot
    Danofthedead
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    Can someone confirm to us about the nerf of the silencer trait!?

It was 60% for gold trait before update, now its at 30%?

What about those that bought the siliencer bundle? It showed 60% trait on that one too!

I spent lots of time and also bought boosters to get these upgraded.

Was this all just a visual bug or am i been baited and switch?
    OneLessTitanDanofthedeadggbatsAnnette578
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    a) Will there be a bonus star quest which requires to play with 3 hero characters?
    b) If not, can (f.e.) Daryl be used for an all hunter quest?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065

b) If not, can (f.e.) Daryl be used for an all hunter quest?

Yes, he can. I had that quest and used Daryl as part of my all-hunter team.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    InspTurbines
    Duck said:

Duck said:

@Shadowkeeper

Checked again :) It's recc level 22 and it had 10k+..
    In my case this is major..
    I just checked this, and Level 22 Tanks have the same health rating as before the update: 8386. That's the highest I got while tracking the health ratings. Normal Walkers are also the same ratings. Haven't confirmed Armored Walkers.
    DLichDuck

@OneLessTitan

Also, in response to #3. This statement is highly offensive/irritating. Of course we can choose to accept our other choices. But you folks at NG have decided to not provide us with the information to make an informed decision. You provided us with no information as to what the eventual Traits we will unlock for the Heroes. Thankfully, there are helpful users providing us with screenshots. I'm getting tired of users being guinea pigs to find information while you guys provide no information and just want us to spend $ to figure things out.
    DLichggbatsMelaniex
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @Shadowkeeper #3 Isn't 100% correct. A guildmate did a 5 radio call and got the option to choose between two hero tokens (2 and 8) only. No option to get "normal/standard" class token.
    Hercamurnky
  • harveylipsharveylips Member Posts: 38
    Why do you have such bad business sense?
    Rick_ZKInspTurbinesAnnette578ggbats