Official 2.0 Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @OneLessTitan

If the purchase was made 30 days or longer ago they will instruct you to seek a refund from the game manufacturer directly. Although hopefully a large influx of people asking for a refund may trip some alarm bells.
  • BloodfistsBloodfists Member Posts: 16
    DarkFae said:

@OneLessTitan

If the purchase was made 30 days or longer ago they will instruct you to seek a refund from the game manufacturer directly. Although hopefully a large influx of people asking for a refund may trip some alarm bells.

Hmm, Google Play help says any purchase over 48 hours old to seek a refund from the game developer

"If 48 hours have passed, the developer is responsible for deciding if you are eligible for a refund."

Anyone who has done this before know exactly how to word it for best chance at refund? Will try through GP anyway.

Afewlive
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634

@masmith93

masmith93 said:

@Shadowkeeper @OldGoth said there would be other ways to earn tokens, still no info on that?

There are currently ongoing discussion about that. If you have any ideas or wishes, post them (as some of you have already done)! We'd be happy to hear your thoughts.
    @Shadowkeeper How about having a trade goods trade in for Hero Tokens, kind of like the "Lucille Deal," just not as costly ;)

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • HercamurnkyHercamurnky Member Posts: 43
    I understand that you must make the game more challenging in the interest of longevity, but you should do just that. Not handicap players who have invested much into their survivors. That's bad for morale. Instead, make them feel justified in their efforts, knowing that that those who did not are surely being pummeled right now, while they are merely experiencing a higher level of difficulty...
    Afewlivesolventfistonltd

DarkFae said:

@OneLessTitan

Hmm, Google Play help says any purchase over 48 hours old to seek a refund from the game developer

"If 48 hours have passed, the developer is responsible for deciding if you are eligible for a refund."

Anyone who has done this before know exactly how to word it for best chance at refund? Will try through GP anyway.

I was told it was 30 days by both google and apple. 48 hours is too small of a window in time for these things because sometimes people buy game packs for latter use, like to use when the game organizers run a special game wide event or something.
    Afewlive
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423

DarkFae said:

@OneLessTitan

@Bloodfists Here is what I put. "Hi I purchased the pistol bundle on 7/7 as the specs on the item were advertised as 60% silenced. However, yesterday NG rolled out a massive update that reduced the stats of the purchase by 50%. I would have not bought the bundle at that state, for that price. I would like a full refund for the purchase please."

It was noted in my return from Google that the "item purchased may become disabled if the return is complete". That would kind of suck since I spent 2x experience to buff it up, but whatever. The point is that NG LIED and reverted back a PURCHASED item 50% reduction in specs....with no notice....less than 2 weeks after rolling it out.

It's like buying a new car, coming home and having 2 tires removed, and all the glass from the same side smashed in. Tiny note reads "sorry mate...50% reduction".

MizTy[Deleted User]
  • fistonltdfistonltd Member Posts: 149
    Let us know how that works out;)
    [Deleted User]
    @TroubleMan

DarkFae said:

@OneLessTitan

@Bloodfists Here is what I put. "Hi I purchased the pistol bundle on 7/7 as the specs on the item were advertised as 60% silenced. However, yesterday NG rolled out a massive update that reduced the stats of the purchase by 50%. I would have not bought the bundle at that state, for that price. I would like a full refund for the purchase please."

It was noted in my return from Google that the "item purchased may become disabled if the return is complete". That would kind of suck since I spent 2x experience to buff it up, but whatever. The point is that NG LIED and reverted back a PURCHASED item 50% reduction in specs....with no notice....less than 2 weeks after rolling it out.

It's like buying a new car, coming home and having 2 tires removed, and all the glass from the same side smashed in. Tiny note reads "sorry mate...50% reduction".

I just called and told them what happened to me and Google refunded my last two purchases but could not refund the rest because they were over 30 days old. All of my apple purchases were over 30 days old so they could not assist at all.
    TroubleManMizTy
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    @shakey Thanks again for your words and sharing your experience! I do get your points and they are well grounded at most! I think we do see things from a completely different side and thats fine with me.

I have no problem with criticizing, complaining and Even whining but reading this thread that HAS so many "hater" posts (just to gave it a Name) is hard for me to read.

I mentioned you in my previous post cause of using superlatives which were wrong placed imo but this happens when ppl are pissed! Your last post for "me" is way better said, explained and understandable for me. And, sorry for being picky here, but using "wrong" words gets my attention! Words decode our own mind and should be chosen that way!

So thanks again for your last post with way better explanations that I Do understand better, agree with some things, dont agree with some others. This thread has so much speed in it, I guess we couldnt discuss it here! To be honest I just cant Follow this thread and again almost missed that you mentioned me;-)

PM me if you like, hope to get your post when mentioning me here!

Enjoy the game!

Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
  • AfewliveAfewlive Member Posts: 40
    @Illbrainer
    logic is not in NG vocabulary.
    and I never said I felt obligated to pay for Daryl. I said his traits are garbage and to upgrade him you have to spend 10 radios for the chance at a paltry 2-8 tokens. I burnt through over 200 radios and guess what? not even enough D-tokens to get his garbage traits up much. this is DEFINITELY a pay to win game and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. I paid, I used to win. my guild paid, we used to be top 25 global and top 10 US. now, our wallets are clamped shut like virginal nuns. the RNG of this game is insulting 99% of the time. the new traits are crappie. now, instead of worrying about getting a Legendary toon with traits you need/want, at a stupid low percentage. you now have heroes, and new traits to be concerned with. If you can't understand OUR concerns, no need in replying. NG nerfed us. and then threw a blatant money grab in our faces all in one fail swoop. There is logic for you
    MizTyRorshackfistonltdInvader
  • AfewliveAfewlive Member Posts: 40
    @Illbrainer again. don't interject YOUR opinion or interpretation on what I say. period. where in ANY of my posts did I say anything about buying something I don't want? Who actually wants ANY of these heroes? and why are they not separated in the radio calls? if you want them, burn it up chief. I don't. I play the game, set up MY team, do what I want to. NG does force bullshit upon us, it may not be greed driven, granted, but they do now realize how large a cash cow it has become. so if you happy licking dev nuts, good for you. more power to you. I do my own thinking. so keep you interjections to yourself. and don't be like all the other sheep and believe everything someone says. just sayin. buddy.
    [Deleted User]fistonltdInvader
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    Uhhhh. ..
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873

People are free to spend whatever money they earn, I have no problem with that. It's the fact that some people do have impulse, gambling, and OCD disorders and the creators are taking advantage of it by adding more and more and more ways to spend money. This game USED to be fun WITHOUT spending a bunch of money.

Gotta catch 'em all!

;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • solventsolvent Member Posts: 83
    So, I was gunning for 370*'s this challenge, when I realized at 360 that Next Games developers have also balanced the point of striving in the weekly challenge out of the game with this update: level 23 survivors recommended but gear drops are still lvl 18 & 19 now?

Boo, another poor choice in my opinion...
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    3. because it was either them or me
    #BBG #1000000stars #killemall #happyhunting
    (can we have our in-game kill stats back soon pls?)
    fistonltdMizTy
    I'll also say that while I am still super diasppointed that theres no new content (by which I mean levels to play, or to play over again) and no council/camp upgrades, I leveled Darryl up and am liking retailiation in a range fighter.

I hope the other heros have similar new/unique attributes, though I have little hope of getting any of them anytime soon: radio drops were very rare for me during my push yesterday on the challenge (>110*'s). even paid to open every chest on the higher levels, looking for nonexistent high level gear or radios.

I had one good pull since the update, 128 rick points. every other pull's been low level standard classes or lower level hero.
    yay 2 points towards michones 500!
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    fistonltd
    As they dont seem to care about our thoughts. Maybe lets try a different approach, reversed psychology;)

So This is what we want:
    -Less xp/tg/gold/rewards/tokens
    -higher upgrade prices for gear with lower damage and lower health please..
    -higher costs of camp upgrades for way less xp and supplies!
    -more traits please!..
    -more xpensive bundles please, cause i really dont know what to do with all my money;)
    -higher amount of tokens to unlock "heroes" and rarity level as low as possible please.

Oh no... thats what you did already..
    Well except for the xp on missions part then.
    That one finally went up in 1.10.
    Excellent job guys!
    solventOneLessTitan
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    I don't know what's wrong, but the hero radio call for 10 phones doesn't show up for me.
    Good luck, dumbass
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    solvent said:

So, I was gunning for 370*'s this challenge, when I realized at 360 that Next Games developers have also balanced the point of striving in the weekly challenge out of the game with this update: level 23 survivors recommended but gear drops are still lvl 18 & 19 now?

Boo, another poor choice in my opinion...

1.10 took out gear that you can't use yet. Poor choice IMHO, as having gear to grow into seems why you'd try killing so far above your level.

I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

MizTytheRealBendersolventOneLessTitan
    @solvent @IRONDee
    I aksked for it to be honest:s
    Well, not in the challenges, but in the tg store..

I was getting sick of spending 7,5k of tg on legendary gear and constantly receiving lvl20 gear.
    Because of the pace new councilupgrades are being released, and the limited storage capacity for the items, i asked them to only give us gear we can actually use right now!
    And if another council upgrade is being released, then maybe a month before release the +1 lvl gear.

But that was only if u are spending the 7,5k tg in the tg store!

I do also miss the higher level gear in the challenges, never aksked to remove those..
    But overall i'm happy i get gear at the same lvl of my weaponshop now, cause i was really spilling too much space on legendary lvl20 gear,
    And god knows when we will be able to use those...

So yes, i plead guilty for the leg gear lvl being maxed to your weaponshop lvl for the tg store.

Sorry guys, but they actually did something with my request. So i gues sometimes they actually do listen to us;)

I personnally loved gear i can use now, more, than gear i can use in the far, far future... No?

But that request was made back in the day when i still loved the game and u could still make a difference with fully upgraded leg gear.., without nerfings going on, or the silly new traits, taking away all the power of the legendary surv/gear... Those days are far behind us..

We all went a lvl up on survs and gear but we're still at the same lvl or even lower than before...
    solvent
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    If they're listening, can we start receiving more radios rather than less?
    I've got a grand total of 7 radios since Friday morning.
    That's 7 in 36 hours.
    Wow!!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    [Deleted User]
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I used to think Mobage were crooks. At one point I swore that's what their name stood for.

Most
    Overpriced
    Broken
    App
    Game
    Ever

Then I was introduced to TWD NML 2.0 and this takes the cake. :disappointed:

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    1RisMizTy
    kudos @fistonltd for coming clean about possibly affecting the weap drops on challenges!
    jeers to the devs for limiting all weap drops instead of just the ones paid for with TG. Please perk up your collective ears.

Myself, I've only made the 7500TG trade a couple times: all my gear comes from gold chests earned by dominating OP.
    I definitely agree with @IRONDee "having gear to grow into seems why you'd try killing so far above your level."
    Also thanks for setting me straight: I've been OP focused the past few weeks (up until I stopped playing it a couple days ago) and havent bothered going past the couple hundred * mark. I had way too many golden 19 pieces to level up so I stopped looking for more... my mistake, thinking this was a new change.

If player leveling was less restricted (for what purpose is it anyway??), then getting a high level item gives you motivation to level up, plus time to get all the items traits unlocked.

I got sand in my [email protected] over buying lucille way back when and getting a low level item instead of a good one, but NG did right by me when I complained, & I was happy that I could still get high level gear by wading through the low level garbage of the challenge to reach the good stuff. & of course I'm picky & sell 99% of what I catch... so, change it back please and thank you.

1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    MizTytheRealBenderfistonltd
    further kudos @fistonltd for making me laugh with reverse psychology, and @TXboss for hitting the nail directly on the head.
    Stay human & fear the living, all!
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    MizTyfistonltd
  • BadLuckChuckBadLuckChuck Member Posts: 37
    In case the flurry of activity and negative comments on the forums hasn't clued you into the obvious, I will state my evidence that this update was not tested, was not made for game improvement, and has broken the game in the interest of monetary gain.

Among the many stat changes to purchased weapons, increased token cost to upgrade survivors from epic to legendary (was 120, now 250) and a myriad of other undisclosed changes made to gameplay, they have also made the main story unplayable.

If you close off incoming zombies by a movable barrier it conceals all zombies on the other side from view (if it totally closes off their access to you. If there is still a way through, this problem doesn't exist). All ranged classes are unable to see/target anything beyond the barrier. In episode 7, mission 3 - the map starts out with your survivors in front of 2 cars barricading the path and zombies spawning in front of the movable car each turn. As of update 2.0 you cannot see past a closed barrier, and therefore can't shoot the zombies on the other side of the car and move the car. So, you CANT COMPLETE the mission. So I hope you've passed episode 7 & for all you new players, too bad. you can't finish story mode.

Very well tested. We have the best testers. Nobody can test code like our people.

Jokes aside, this update IS game breaking. And noone noticed. If someone did noticed, they have made no affirmation that there is any problem or that they are looking into things. Releasing new content or ads seemed a much higher priority than testing basic game mechanics and ensuring game stability. Company stability and growth has superseded the need for a quality product. And that fact has never been as apparent to the masses as has been made clear with this update. Fix ur shyt NG.
    [Deleted User]LightfeetMizTySgtSalami
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    fistonltd said:

Picture of the invisible log screen in the outpost

I have same. And the Support response was pretty much "gee that must suck"
    MrSorrow