Silent Shot

So, how exactly does this work? I have Daryl is my lead, I've had him shoot first, last and in between and still get a red bar every time someone pulls the trigger. Am I missing something?

Comments

  • BismarckBismarck Member Posts: 45
    Silent shot grants a % chance that any particular ranged attack will not cause threat. When it happens, your threat bar will flash green instead of red upon executing the attack.
    Empty Memorial Club Survivalist
    Member of Mad Canada
    #1 on Panamanian challenge leaderboard
  • BismarckBismarck Member Posts: 45
    I should note.... I assume it flashes green. It's never actually happened for me. The chance of it happening is quite low.
    Empty Memorial Club Survivalist
    Member of Mad Canada
    #1 on Panamanian challenge leaderboard
    ggbats
  • WeedlayerWeedlayer Member Posts: 3
    In 3 days of playing Daryl I haven't seen it yet. At a 14% chance it should happen every 8 or 9 shots. I think it is broken.
    DLichMizTy
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    I've been playing Daryl with 2 ranged survivors & haven't seen a threat reduction either. But his silent shot feature wasn't why I was playing him. I like Daryl's retaliate ability (& it does work... and may be the only feature in 2.0 I'm happy with)

    The token system NG has created is freaky ridiculous!
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    It's not broken, it's just NG again, delivering as little as possible, squeezing you to consume radios for tokens for an upgrade. Don't bother trying to work out he math. They have this and all other aspects designed either for failure or the barest minimum achievement. Just like their "greater chance for [X]..." In their eyes a 1% chance is greater than 0.
  • DeucesDeuces Member Posts: 55
    I used Daryl as the lead with another Hunter and a shooter. Out of 25 shots, 3 were silent and didn't attract walkers. One silent from Daryl and the other two were the other Hunter. I know it's a small sample but it does show that the trait works.
    MizTy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    As @eetu and I discussed last week probabilities for pulls of legendaries (which is now out the window due to 40 new types of tokens available but that's a post for a different thread) I wanted to give some math using the same type of data calculation method we did that time.

    I'm unsure if Daryl's ability works for any ranged attack from any survivor (meaning if only Daryl's shots have the chance to not cause a threat or if any survivor does as long as Daryl's in the leader spot) but let's use some calculations shall we?

    Each event is independent.

    If there's a 14% chance with level 4 that means there's an 86% it wont happen.

    .86 x .86 is .74. So that's a 26% chance it'll happen once in 2 tries. I'll give the final numbers on each at every 5 tries.

    53% chance it goes off 1 in 5 tries
    78% chance it goes off 1 in 10 tries
    90% chance it goes off 1 in 15 tries
    95% chance it goes off 1 in 20 tries
    98% chance it goes off 1 in 25 tries
    99% chance it goes off 1 in 30 tries
    99.5% chance it goes off 1 in 35 tries
    99.8% chance it goes off 1 in 40 tries
    99.9% chance it goes off 1 in 45 tries
    99.95% chance it goes off 1 in 50 tries

    By now Id think we'd all have tried over 50 times and having it not go off once is kinda far fetched. Safe to say it's broken.

    image
    | OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

    Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Lambariggbats[Deleted User]
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    14% chance means you should expect it to go off 7 out of 50 times with a 99.95% chance of it going off at least once in 50 times. Getting 0 out of 50 times shows its broken NG.

    image
    | OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

    Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Lambari
Sign In or Register to comment.