Anyone else completely uninterested in Heroes?

I was just wondering if anyone else out there is completely uninterested in utilising Heroes? I don't mean the game specifics - token system or leader traits - I mean simply having TWD characters as part of your team.

I understand the attraction to some, but I prefer to build my own squad of survivors. I go out of my way to choose specific survivors and name them and I am fine with TWD characters popping up in storylines here and there, but I am totally uninterested in having them join my team. They are for the show/comic, this game is for my ragtag bunch of survivors.

Just wondering if anyone else felt the same, or am I a lone voice in the wilderness?
Japes87[Deleted User]GonkistanSgtSalamialnodDoTaktembelTheLostOneskeparks71i812many

Comments

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    I wouldn't say completely uninterested but certainly not gung-ho and not top priority.

In other words, I was excited until I played it :/
    Back from 2016 :p
    DLichGreenBalloon
  • _wendy__wendy_ Member Posts: 171
    I have no radios and apparently can't get any radios to worry about it.
    referee4[Deleted User]ggbats[Deleted User]
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682
    I'm more concerned about maxing the characters I already have.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

SgtSalami
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    I'm loving that we. can now have actual characters from the show I expected that when I started playing and was disappointed there were none, the crap traits makes them useless so I will not make an effort to unlock or collect tokens while I have far better survivors on my team
    Gonkistan
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    For a first time brand new player I would probably be really excited. Not knowing how traits work and being naive to how the game works, I would think Daryl is an awesome character.

But I tend to think NG paid some kind of licensing fees for the rights to have these characters and licenses cost money and therefore the mantra of spending makes sense.

At a slow pace starting out all would appear good with the game.

It's the fact that we got to experience 1.09, 1.10 and now 2.0 where we can make comparisons. A new player is like someone whose never smelled a Durian fruit before. Once you smell it you can't unsmell it!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Black_JackSgtSalamitammyMizTy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I unlocked Glenn and his leader trait is pretty neat for those of us who haven't maxed all of their buildings. I'd also like to get Maggie because, well, extra XP.

But: I wouldn't mind if the heroes were "no-names" or if we could make anyone a leader and give them a similar trait to those of the heroes I really like.

It was fun using Daryl for a few quests, even though his leader trait doesn't work, and I use Glenn for farming all the time now. Still need billions of cans so every bit counts. ;)

If I had to choose between some tokens for any hero or a legendary survivor I would in most cases choose the legendary.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SgtSalamiLightfeet
  • TeliantesTeliantes Member Posts: 11
    Ha....we will never be able to max the characters we have because the developers keep raising the bar and that makes me want to give this up altogether. I didn't invest in my team to have a strong team so they can now be halfway leveled. This is annoying that my 5-star players are no longer top level. I am not going to spend money to rush the process to get to 10 stars either...that is always the goal and they can wait a long time before I buy gold bars to catch up to their ludicrous system. I am just about done with this game. This is the 3rd game like this I have seen take this path and they are about to lose their player base, abandon development and then stop supporting it and we will all be left mad for having spent time and money so I am not falling into the greed trap again. If they could have let it be I would have liked it about two releases ago.
    SgtSalamialnodmaggiemoo[Deleted User]
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    By the time Daryl reaches the same level as my team they will be old news. I wish they gave enough tokens to make him at least 4* if not 5*

As it stands he is beneath me and likely any others I get will be a long haul as well.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    @bumshoe

I got to level Daryl to 4 stars. I think with him it is not too difficult since you can earn tokens for him by finishing certain story missions.

He's still 1 level or so below my other guys since I decided to rather level my new legendary shooter but, yeah, you can earn Daryl tokens easy enough - other than the tokens for the other heroes.

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    What story missions to you receive Darryl tokens ?
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    Yeah, I would prefer to have the real TWD characters show up in missions to help like they did with Daryl before. Now this won't happen anymore. I preferred to make my own group of survivors. I also think by having the leadership trait be 1 of the 5 traits they have made them weaker than other survivors on an individual basis. The leadership trait should be an extra bonus given to the squad.
    theRealBenderLightfeet
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    any episode thats not complete.. the tokens they gave with him was determined by how far in the game u are @Black_Jack
    Lightfeet
  • luv2wanderluv2wander Member Posts: 70
    I like the idea of having characters from the comic/show. Then I played, now I am not the least bit interested in collecting them.
    SgtSalamiLightfeet[Deleted User]
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    edited July 2016
    What hero? My heros are my current A team since I started on 1.09 who unfortunately still stuck at rare/epic. Yes I got Daryl with 500 tokens and I promoted him to epic but he's just another hunter to me. So yeah I have no interest in Daryl Rick or mickey mouse at this stage.

I would assume the heros are attractions to the level 54 folks who already gotten everything, and have a novelty to look forward to.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    @SlowMo or people who just started playing and love TWD and want to play with the show characters. I think this may be geared to potential new customers to replace those of us who are pissed off or burned out.
    mcbkhicksLightfeet
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    I am still holding on to the radios I started saving since the last "Increased chance of Legendary/Epic survivors" event. (almost 600 radios now)

Not really interested in any of the heroes since most of their leader traits don't appeal to me, except maybe for Abraham's.

The only class tokens I have now are from survivors I retired after rescuing them from some story missions on nightmare more.

When I eventually do use my radios, I will focus on upgrading the traits of my most used team or even promoting them if possible.

Now I am just ignoring all the hype for these heroes and focus on grinding XP to upgrade the gears I have :smile:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Lightfeet
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Although characters that generate extra xp or supplies are always welcome, the fact that they are show names is irrelevant.
    Mind you, if the current sparse drop rate of radios continues, I'll never get these characters anyways!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    Hell ya I'm interested in Heroes! Daryl is a hunter with retaliate: I love it! Is so cool to watch him retaliate. I can easily imagine expression on his face >:)

And of course I'm gonna use Maggie & Glen on exploratory missions. Helps lower the slow grind :p

And "Bitch Nuts?" Who doesn't want those?!! ;)

But collecting all these freaking different tokens? You have got to be kidding me! Shhht

I like the class specific tokens (the first token type). I love the long term strategy of it: which card (I mean "survivor") can I max out? My vote is that Heroes should just be survivors with extra special abilities. They're class specific like everyone else. There should be no hero tokens at all!

Heroes are totally awesome! I sincerely doubt I will ever have a legendary with luck, Dodge & bullet dodge. I don't care! I just like to watch the character evolve... seems to me TWD characters do that on the show
    I have a legendary with luck, dodge, bullet dodge, skin and retaliate - super-defensive. ;)

I agree, Daryl's retaliate is fun. Too bad his leader trait is either not working at all or the odds are so low that there's no real value...

SgtSalamiMizTy
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @MizTy it can happen...
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

BorutoTheLostOnesMizTy
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Hell...I guess I have 4 with luck, dodge, and bullet dodge.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

BorutoTheLostOnes
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
  • ClaypoolClaypool Member Posts: 57
    I would take any of your's over any of the heroes so far @Boruto
    SgtSalamiJapes87Boruto
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    DLich said:

For a first time brand new player I would probably be really excited. Not knowing how traits work and being naive to how the game works, I would think Daryl is an awesome character.

But I tend to think NG paid some kind of licensing fees for the rights to have these characters and licenses cost money and therefore the mantra of spending makes sense.

At a slow pace starting out all would appear good with the game.

It's the fact that we got to experience 1.09, 1.10 and now 2.0 where we can make comparisons. A new player is like someone whose never smelled a Durian fruit before. Once you smell it you can't unsmell it!

ignorance is bliss for the new player
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    MizTymongo911[Deleted User]GreenBalloon
  • HercamurnkyHercamurnky Member Posts: 43
    If you need any further convincing that all this is geared toward new players just watch the latest video that they've presented for the Rick hero. I think it's sad/funny/pathetic that in order to make it sound appealing, they had to find someone who obviously knows nothing about the game... Watching this guy playing is painful, and apparently they gave him gold to burn through, or he paid for it, which, if that's the case, is even more painful to watch.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Hercamurnky
    What's truly painful is checking out his video list and seeing the 2016 Range Rover he bought...supposedly.

I mean really? This 18 year old punk is making enough money on creating YouTube videos to afford that? WTF is this world coming to?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • HercamurnkyHercamurnky Member Posts: 43
    If that's true, then...