Take it to the next level... email AMC customer service

We can all pitch in further to show our discontent with NG. Following is my message to them, titled "Next Games is destroying the paying player base in Walking Dead: No Man's Land, as well as tarnishing your franchise image."

To whom it may concern,

While most of the Walking Dead viewers are merely just that, viewers, a great deal of them also play Walking Dead: No Man's Land, provided by Next Games. They came barrelling in about a year ago, provided an awesome game experience, for which a great many people spent more money than they normally would. Then began Next Games' most obvious, and regularly scheduled, foray into greed. As of the last release, 2.0, they have insulted and disenfranchised the majority of players, a vast number of which are actively refusing to pay any more money for anything, will not watch the advertisements, designed mostly for NG income and not player benefit, and to go a further step, we are also downgrading ratings to the lowest level in all avenues possible; Game Center, GooglePlay, etc.

As it appears that greed and disrespect has run rampant at Next Games, and as it is known that your company profits directly from income derived from this online game, please be made aware that your revenues will see a marked decrease, starting immediately. If you doubt this claim then feel free to visit the General Discussion forum for this game. You will see displayed more than discontent, it is a shunning of the management tactics and a complete willingness by everyone to try and have their voice heard, as opposed to the company and/or site moderators efforts to reduce negative comment by threatening players and deleting threads, most likely because of the justified negativity expressed in the comments.

If anything is going to be changed here, for everyone's benefit, then someone has to reel in Next Games, otherwise they will ultimately cause the loss of this revenue stream for you. A great deal of people have expressed their dismay at what Next Games may be doing to your Walking Dead franchise. We all love the show but just knowing that there is a green eyed monster feeding on its back can tarnish one's opinion of AMC.

Please, read the discussion board. You will be amazed, and probably angry. Everyone else is.

Regards
[Deleted User]RickGramespiffolomaniaggbatsGlookerjdcantSlickRickGreenBalloonfistonltdWahooDawgPR0DJBuckzzi812manySlowMoBonzInvadermongo911LadyAquilaAnnette578InspTurbinesMYKMary_Forda_Money

Comments

• VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    @movado Agree 100%. Based on my weekend full of discussion board viewing and contributions I was definitely including a future impact prediction (opinion) as well as a current one. Maybe if enough of us voice dissatisfaction then they won't wait until the end of the next cycle but may take an earlier and/or harder look now.
    Annette578
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    Good on you Vudnik, I read your review on the App Store as well. Spot on! This is a strategy game and if people are truly upset then be strategic about it. The App Store rating on this game went from 4.5 down to 4 stars over night. If enough people give update 2.0 the 1/5 star rating it deserves it won't matter how many chesty YouTube celebrities they hire.

Post a negative review on your given app point of sale first and foremost. Players like ourselves will be much more receptive and understanding of our criticisms than the employees of the corporations making bank off our in-game misery. If you have time though write them all.
    Vudnik1RisInspTurbinesAnnette578
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    AMC is an investor in Next Games, so they do have an interest.
    GovernatorLightfeetShut_UpAnnette578
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,409
    jester said:

Interesting... I did not know that. How much of a stake do they own?
    LightfeetPR0DJ
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Feel free to post on their FB wall as well. Several folks from here have, and it's open to the public to post. https://www.facebook.com/nxtgms/
    LightfeetAnnette578
    @TroubleMan I wrote a comment Friday but not able to actually "post" it. They may have me locked out of their page. Don't know.
    Lightfeet
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    Don't be deceived down vote the game on the App Store. NG has a wealth of data to help predict player behaviour. I and clearly NG doubt the resolve of the spendiest segment to control themselves.

Down voting the game now will be heard now by players like you.

Or you can do nothing but not spend, hope everyone else does the same, hope NG doesn't acquire a ton of new players from their well coordinated promotion campaign who balance out the few who left and theeen hope that NG notices an impact to their bottom line in the distant future.
    Lightfeet[Deleted User]Annette578
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Vudnik said:

@TroubleMan I wrote a comment Friday but not able to actually "post" it. They may have me locked out of their page. Don't know.

Make a comment on the 2 posts that they have on their wall. If you just post a comment it's sent to the sidewall posting and isn't apparent. The 20+ comments on the "Look at our 2.0 Update" are showing.

Annette578
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    My comments were deleted & all I did was post links
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Just posted my message to AMC in their Visitors Posts. We'll see how long it stays there!
    Annette578
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    edited July 2016
    Mod edit: zbot 7/25/16 12:25 am

@Sipher07 , please read the forum rules http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/6/forum-rules-guidelines#latest

No posting of personal information of any kind. No doxxing. No witch hunts.

Warning issued, further disregard for the rules will result in loss of forum priveliges.
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    edited July 2016

jester said:

They own all rights to this game. NG has a licensing agreement with them, but AMC still owns/controls that licensing.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-11-next-games-right-license-right-partner-right-result

"Of course, you have to think about the bigger business opportunities, and think about potentially who are your second-tier demographics," Huuhtanen says. "But if it doesn't make sense for the fans then you're basically fucked. They're gonna go to the App Store, give you one-star, and say, 'This is not The Walking Dead.'"
    VudnikGovernatorInspTurbinesAnnette578
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    1 star and a comment
    GreenBalloonAnnette578
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited July 2016
    EDIT: It was a visual bug, sorry.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    edited July 2016
    EDIT: It was a visual bug, sorry.
    RickGramesSgtSalami

jester said:

They own all rights to this game. NG has a licensing agreement with them, but AMC still owns/controls that licensing.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-11-next-games-right-license-right-partner-right-result

"Of course, you have to think about the bigger business opportunities, and think about potentially who are your second-tier demographics," Huuhtanen says. "But if it doesn't make sense for the fans then you're basically fucked. They're gonna go to the App Store, give you one-star, and say, 'This is not The Walking Dead.'"
    Excellent link @GreenBalloon ! It changed my thinking on hammering the App Store Rating and the desire to hit AMC up about how this game is no longer about The Walking Dead.
    GreenBalloonInspTurbinesLightfeetAnnette578
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    @Governator...glad I could help!
    Annette578
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    Where has 'compass point' gone? i remember once upon a time being force fed that vid in theater. I don't recall seeing that vid in a long,long time. I guess that is the future of this game,sadly :|
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    [Deleted User]Annette578
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    edited July 2016
    @jester if they are getting $10 mill from investors, then they are planning to make it back. Of course with 10 million downloads, they would only need $1 from each player to recoup all of that. I think they really are looking for a big score here (and Governator's link really confirms them seeing this as big business and not just your usual desire for reasonable profit). I am skeptical of our leverage here. I think maybe ratings at the app store might do it. From Governator's link, "Huuhtanen says. "But if it doesn't make sense for the fans then you're basically fucked. They're gonna go to the App Store, give you one-star, and say, 'This is not The Walking Dead.'"

@Governator Interesting article. Wow a 1.5 billion dollar deal to get a majority stake in Supercell. It shows what kind of money they are thinking in terms of. It is clear they had to license the heroes so now must make us pay to have them somehow( now I really wish they didn't use them). AMC does say "a tacit reassurance that nurturing and sustaining the community would be a shared responsibility" so contacting AMC en masse may have an impact. However the game Survival Instinct, which TWD released for Xbox maybe 2 years ago before Christmas for $59.99, was clearly rushed and terrible so maybe they really only care about the $$$ whatever they say.
    Annette578
    SgtSalami said:

@jester if they are getting $10 mill from investors, then they are planning to make it back. Of course with 10 million downloads, they would only need $1 from each player to recoup all of that. I think they really are looking for a big score here. I am skeptical of our leverage here. I think maybe ratings at the app store might do it. From Governator's link, "Huuhtanen says. "But if it doesn't make sense for the fans then you're basically fucked. They're gonna go to the App Store, give you one-star, and say, 'This is not The Walking Dead.'"

@Governator Interesting article. Wow a 1.5 billion dollar deal to get a majority stake in Supercell. It shows what kind of money they are thinking in terms of. It is clear they had to license the heroes so now must make us pay to have them somehow( now I really wish they didn't use them). AMC does say "a tacit reassurance that nurturing and sustaining the community would be a shared responsibility" so contacting AMC en masse may have an impact. However the game Survival Instinct, which TWD released for xbox maybe 2 years ago before Christmas for $59.99, was clearly rushed and terrible so maybe they really only care about the $$$ whatever they say.

@SgtSalami I'll give credit where it is due... It was @GreenBalloon who provided the link. I thought it was an excellent article that provided insight into what is happening to the game.
    GreenBalloonAnnette578
    @Governator @GreenBalloon It is an excellent article and provides much insight. It makes me even more reluctant to spend any more money here. Thankfully I have not spent much.
    GreenBalloonGovernatorAnnette578
    It is also very interesting to see what they say about CPW. "Yes, The Walking Dead is much bigger, but West is serving an important role as well. It's a profitable game, and it's something that we did on our own. We own it, 100 per cent. It serves a lot of purposes on top of the business reasons. Creating your own IP is important."

However, if you walk over and check out the CPW forums people say that they have been completely abandoned by NG. People over there think that NML and TWD are the only priorities. Top level players are leaving there as well. Maybe the main work at NG is finding investors and working out business models and crunching out numbers on profits and pricing manipulation.
    Annette578
    @SgtSalami

We'll have a tough time countering some of the reviews there.
    masmith93ggbats[Deleted User]
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016
    SgtSalami said:

It is also very interesting to see what they say about CPW. "Yes, The Walking Dead is much bigger, but West is serving an important role as well. It's a profitable game, and it's something that we did on our own. We own it, 100 per cent. It serves a lot of purposes on top of the business reasons. Creating your own IP is important."

However, if you walk over and check out the CPW forums people say that they have been completely abandoned by NG. People over there think that NML and TWD are the only priorities. Top level players are leaving there as well. Maybe the main work at NG is finding investors and working out business models and crunching out numbers on profits and pricing manipulation.

All you gotta do is look at the leadership. Are they more passionate about games or their careers?
    Back from 2016 :p
    SgtSalami
    @piffolomania

I'm not saying. I'm just sayin'.
    ggbatsInvader