The Michonne Video...

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    @SgtSalami Shadow ban allows you to read, tag (like, LOL, etc) and post on the forum but your posts cannot be seen by others until your ban is removed. The shadow banned person cannot initiate a PM but they can respond.

A perma ban means you cannot login at all.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    SgtSalami[Deleted User]lmfgunnutTheLostOnes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @SgtSalami

That's when you come in and read and post and no one responds back because no one can see your posts but you and you don't know it.
    SgtSalami[Deleted User]MizTy
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    edited July 2016
    @masmith93 Thanks for the info. Interesting.

@DarkFae and you don't even know it?? Insidious.
    edited July 2016
    @SgtSalami

Yes it is and no you can't tell. They can do all sorts of things like "shadow" entire threads so that you can't not see them (or search for them) unless you are tagged into them as well. They like to play mind tricks with us all the time. Could be why they think we are all so stupid.
    [Deleted User]PR0DJ
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    @DarkFae Yikes. Are we in the Matrix?
    [Deleted User]
    @SgtSalami

I don't think so because if we were then the little ms. ID10T in the Michonne video might have gotten deleted or uninstalled for not being able to pronounce Michonne's name correctly. Geez where's McAfee when you really need it? :D
    [Deleted User]MrSorrowPR0DJ
    I completely agree @bgbelden! I don't think she was a racist but mispronunciation of people's names is a tactic that racist employ to demean, belittle and dehumanize people all the time. (Seriously this is skinhead/kkk/neonatzi 101) The first thing they try and take from you is your name, then your voice, then everything else. That's why there are so many racial slurs. The fact that this has not even occurred to anyone running this horror show tells us three things.

1. The people making the decisions on these matters are primarily Caucasian.
    2. These people are not as racially unbiased as they think they are.
    3. Being considered different will always get you attacked eventually no matter what.
    [Deleted User]
  • @DarkFae she wouldn't ever get noticed by me except for this forum telling me to watch her. If she has followers, they're of a completely different mindset than myself. Acting abilities aside, I'm pretty sure that Denzel would return a hello from someone as myself. I'm also certain I can tell when others wouldn't.
    [Deleted User]
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    SMH...
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
    masmith93Pain Walker
    You can tell by the way she looks into the camera when she adjusted it at the top of the video that she has low self-esteem and wasn't sure if she could "pull off" what she was getting ready to try to do. She was right BTW cause that video was an EPIC fail.
    Jenng
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    I had many problems with the video none of which included the cussing........ Her skills obviously didn't include playing NML. Js.
    Musat[Deleted User]MrSorrow
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,627
    Hey Carol video incoming! Let's hope for the "best"

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    PR0DJ
    edited July 2016

@painclasher

No thank you. I'm all stocked up on stupid. They may want to try next door or across the street and see if there is some interest there. TBH I stopped looking at all those promotional videos around about the same time I dis-banded my guild because I disagreed with how ngo was running this forum and their game. I'm really sorry to see all of you content creators get pooped on but as the old saying goes if you lie down with dogs, you risk waking up with fleas.
    Pain Walker
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834

ahahahaha! let's see
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    It wasn't good :(
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    It's especially funny to read the comments - seems no one likes those videos, neither the players nor the channel subscribers. Most positive comments read something like “well, you'd also do it for money“. Didn't find a single “wow, that game looks awesome, need to try that“ yet...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Seems like you guys aren't enjoying these videos at all. It is kind of understandable though, as they are definitely aimed at new potential players that haven't tried No Man's Land yet as opposed to experienced, high-level players like most of the forum community consists of.

There is a clear difference between more light, promotional content like what this thread is about and the meticulous, in-depth content that our content creators create - they play on a level where if a viewer not familiar with game was watching, they wouldn't necessarily understand much.

All in all, different strokes for different folks. :)
    Japes87Pain Walker
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @Teeceezy I get that point, but two questions remain:

1) why do you link to the videos in-game if they are directed to new players?
    2) why can the youtubers use language that content creators (and some forum users) can't?
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SgtSalamiMizTyPain Walker
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    @TheLostOnes New(er) players also check the game - maybe beginners and new players would be better phrased. As for the language - we don't want to interfere with the way youtubers express themselves as they would in their usual content.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @Teeceezy You think that a video of someone who has no clue about the game whatsoever doing a voiceover walk around will entice new players? Usually spokespeople have some clue of the product their endorsing or promoting.
    TheLostOnes[Deleted User]Pain WalkerMystique
    Teeceezy said:

@TheLostOnes New(er) players also check the game - maybe beginners and new players would be better phrased. As for the language - we don't want to interfere with the way youtubers express themselves as they would in their usual content.

How exactly is a beginner helped by these videos? I was a better player than these guys are after investing about 15 to 30 minutes... And I'm not an “uber gamer“ or something. So what could a player who has already installed the app gain from watching these vids?

And don't you really not see the hypocrisy (expression/language)?

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TheLostOnes
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited July 2016
    The idea is that the YouTubers fans will try the game because their followers already FOLLOW them blind leading the blind lol but ng don't realize their audience are kids and kids can't spend money they don't have js
    TheLostOnes
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    Here's a fix that will reduce the perception of hypocrisy as well as paying respect to the free work done by the content creators:

Next time you hire youtubers to promote new content, have content creators do videos as well at their skill set levels.

Then link to the content creators' videos ingame, while letting the youtubers run their separate lives on the web.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Ovidmikel said:

The idea is that the YouTubers fans will try the game because their followers already FOLLOW them blind leading the blind lol but ng don't realize their audience are kids and kids can't spend money they don't have js

Reading the comments under the vids it seems that the plan didn't go too well... Besides from kids not having much money to spend...

@Ovidmikel
    Ovidmikel said:

Actually I would have to disagree with you on this because most kids have parents and I have watched my 9 year old nephew beg, plead and con my Sister out of more money than I can count. Plus his Dad is a heavy (console) gamer which gives my nephew two deep pockets to pick for money. If he brings in good grades he gets rewards with games and money for games. If he gets a good report card reports or reports of a good deed from school he gets money for games and stuff like this, If he behaves well for more than 5 minutes he gets...you get the drift (plus that kid gets an allowance). Parents love their kids so they unconsciously give them access to more money than most of us 20 somethings who are out here on our own have access too.
    wrinkled_bag
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    And the content creators would probably have done it for free, so no extra argument for you to yet again make a move towards money grabbing. The relationship between NG and its customers clearly needs to be reconsidered.
    MrSorrowPain Walker