Update on Post Purchase Pistol Nerfing (PPPN) - Official Response from NG - Refund Or XP Available

TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
I was able to have my $14.99 pistol bundle and another bundle refunded based on the fact that NG nerfed the silencer 50% (60% to 30%) post purchase with no explanation or forewarning. I would strongly recommend that ANYONE that has purchased the pistol bundle with the 60% silencer to process a refund directly through Google (or IOS).

Additionally, Google recommended that I no longer purchase any thing from NG going forward, and will be sending me a link so that I can make a formal complaint regarding the unethical behavior of NG.

They were not amused at the nerfing of equipment post purchase.

Just thought you all might want to consider a refund.

-Official NG Response - http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/109458/#Comment_109458
DLH[Deleted User]masmith93jesterSgtSalamiantMrSorrowJapes87GreenBalloonmcbkhicksmongo911GovernatorJadenjennieBlack_JackggbatsMelaniexgabriel_lwhGeneral_PainCanadianMikePR0DJInvaderVudnikDeadBeatTripoddozeratiEL34xyzAnnette578LambaritembelOneLessTitantheRealBender[Deleted User]BonzMizTyJBreeze38InspTurbineswrinkled_bagVerbaub[Deleted User]ICED

Comments

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 540
    Please post that link when you can. Thanks!
    LightfeetAnnette578
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Its gonna be funny when they see all the returns after this one.
    MelaniexLightfeetAnnette578
  • ScratchNSmithScratchNSmith Member Posts: 21
    Just filed a request with app store for refund for equipment so we'll see... For those who on Mac/ios platform and don't know how: On a desktop open itunes --> Account drop down menu --> "View my account..." and enter itunes password --> Under "Purchase History" click "See All"--> Find purchase to be refunded and click to view breakdown of that day --> Next to problem charge click "Report a Problem" to go begin refund request.

If requesting refund for Rick's Silenced Pistol, be sure to mention the virtual equipment advertised is not a consumable, had a key attribute that was reduced by 50% with release of update 2.0 and was purchased as a special limited time offer package made available less than one month prior to game update.

I should of seen the writing on the walls long ago based on past updates but I learned my lesson and will not purchase or continue to support app developer Next Games for their sleazy bait and switch tactics.
    MelaniexAnnette578OneLessTitanSgtSalami
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Kinda low tech, but I wanted to scrub my info. I'll post the link to file a complaint in a little bit. Thanks

I was able to have my $14.99 pistol bundle and another bundle refunded based on the fact that NG nerfed the silencer 50% (60% to 30%) post purchase with no explanation or forewarning. I would strongly recommend that ANYONE that has purchased the pistol bundle with the 60% silencer to process a refund directly through Google (or IOS).

Additionally, Google recommended that I no longer purchase any thing from NG going forward, and will be sending me a link so that I can make a formal complaint regarding the unethical behavior of NG.

I'll try calling them. Submitting the request online resulted in an immediate response that a refund was outside their policy.
    Melaniex
    sborg said:

I'll try calling them. Submitting the request online resulted in an immediate response that a refund was outside their policy.
    Calling worked. Customer support was very sympathetic and issued the refund. The US number is 855) 836-3987.
    p_herian
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 655
    Does buying fuel and 2xXP in order to upgrade something they have now nerfed count for refund? Or was that the consumable bit? Cause if it does....
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    LightfeetRick_ZK
    DIblis said:

Does buying fuel and 2xXP in order to upgrade something they have now nerfed count for refund? Or was that the consumable bit? Cause if it does....

I was able to argue the bundle, I didn't try the fuel/xp because I had used that for other upgrades outside of the bundle. Your experience may vary.

I did think it was interesting that they specifically recommended no longer purchasing from NG 'until they can resolve the issue'. Based on some statements from the MODS in other threads....that isn't likely so I'll just not make any further purchases.
    VudnikMelaniex
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Anyone want to start a thread of how much they got back as a refund... this way all of the "data" will be in one place (one thread) so NG can see how much money they had to refund due to this silliness?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    EL34xyzInspTurbines
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 254
    I just Reported a Problem with the iTunes App Store. I keep silent on most NG related issues but nerfing a key attribute by 50% with 0 mention or explanation is nonsense. I'd appreciate many, many, many various Hero tokens as a sign of goodwill. And my money back.
    ggbats[Deleted User]DeadBeat
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 254
    Also, thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Here i was shooting up the damn place and didn't even realize how infrequently my "Silencer" had been "working."
    ggbats[Deleted User]

Also, thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Here i was shooting up the damn place and didn't even realize how infrequently my "Silencer" had been "working."

Well, it's been 'working' 50% less often...that's for sure!
    MizTy
  • BismarckBismarck Member Posts: 45
    Very, very shady business practice. Bait and switch is NOT OK.
    Empty Memorial Club Survivalist
    Member of Mad Canada
    #1 on Panamanian challenge leaderboard
    OneLessTitanVerbaubDeadBeatMizTy
    I wonder if Google Play is reimbursed by NG for the refunds given, or does Google Play just eat it.
    @sborg Google doesn't eat the refund. NG is going to get the chargeback. They are the middle man, kinda like when you call Visa and dispute a charge. While I've not seen the contract, Google didn't get to be a multi-billion corp by eating refunds for shady developers.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    edited July 2016

They are the middle man, kinda like when you call Visa and dispute a charge.

I actually thought that Visa does eat the refunds in case of a dispute. That would open up all kinds of avenues for misconduct, though..

edit: After some googling, seems like it's the good old "it depends". Either the merchant or the bank, or ultimately an insurance company.
    theRealBender
    @eetu It's my understanding that in cases of a chargeback Visa/MC/Amex may eat the return as a 'cost of doing business' but as a rule of thumb they are ultimately levied on the vendor. For practicality sake, they will offer the refund to the consumer first then settle with the vendor later.

Also, if a vendor has too many charge-backs in too short of a time period that can put their ability to accept certain CC payments in jeopardy. I'm speaking strictly for US law and regulations, I have no idea in other areas of the world, but would suspect it's similar.

Also, it's important to note that this particular charge-back is bordering on fraud. One item was advertised, then a lesser product was provided through a secret decision not communicated to the consumer. It's one thing to 'balance' an item that is free to customers. It's completely another to sell one product then artificially cripple it w/out offering the consumer a way to return or refuse the change.
    DLichSgtSalami
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited July 2016

Also, it's important to note that this particular charge-back is bordering on fraud. One item was advertised, then a lesser product was provided through a secret decision not communicated to the consumer. It's one thing to 'balance' an item that is free to customers. It's completely another to sell one product then artificially cripple it w/out offering the consumer a way to return or refuse the change.

Yep. I will not be buying anything like tokens or equipment unless I know I will be compensated in some way if they later decide to change the merchandise I purchased for the worse. If they want to add to them and make them better then that's fine of course.
    Most players who have made purchases are affected to a lesser degree than those who suffered a 50% reduction in a trait stat, but it is still unethical.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    sborg said:

I wonder if Google Play is reimbursed by NG for the refunds given, or does Google Play just eat it.

Google didn't get to be Google by being a patsy.

https://play.google.com/intl/ALL_us/about/developer-distribution-agreement.html
    I wouldn't bother with NG. I complained to Google Play yesterday and by yesterday evening I had an email from PayPal stating that the refund had been made to my account.