Official 2.0 Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Member Posts: 34
    @Ovidmikel thx 4 the response, weill def. do so!
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    edited July 2016
    @Shadowkeeper @Teeceezy

Another idea! This time we have the Introduction of the Legendary Crate!

Find out what it can give and the difficulty of you getting it :)

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13392/brand-new-crate-type-inroducing-the-legendary-crate#latest
    PR0DJ
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,031

The Silenced trait was indeed changed. The reason being, if you could combine that with Daryl's Silent Shot as a leader trait, it would be too powerful.

You mean the leader trait that isn't working?

Why not cap the silenced trait at some max percentage instead of nerfing weapons?

Not everyone will want to use Daryl all the time.

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Japes87PR0DJAvalon8
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    @Japes87 I had 100 stars but I didn't bother to take screenshot so I am not expecting a miracle =)
    As for Rick Bundle - ask for refund in $$ and in XP.

But I agree with @Jaden:
    Make silencer worth again - bring back the numbers but cap it if you want.
    ggbats
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    @PR0DJ just for the record , I did take a screenshot of my star total and added it to my support ticket , they still figured 50k xp was ok . I don't even care that much about the xp loss , it's the principle of the matter. It was their glitch
    [Deleted User]_wendy_Brunosan[Deleted User]
    Japes87 said:

@PR0DJ just for the record , I did take a screenshot of my star total and added it to my support ticket , they still figured 50k xp was ok . I don't even care that much about the xp loss , it's the principle of the matter. It was their glitch

Send it again. Say you received 50k but you need all.
    Japes87
    edited July 2016
    I did , over 4 days ago and no response. I was pissed before updategate even happened lol , I don't want to hijack the thread tho , so carry on :)
    Brunosan
  • fistonltdfistonltd Member Posts: 149
    I didnt know so much of you are actually digging and supporting the silencer trait?! Bit dissapointed to be honoust...
    For me personally i dont mind making a lot of noise with my shooter guns! Cause with lethal, high power and interrupt as traits. U dont really need it!
    And from what i hear the trait doesnt even work?
    And as someone mentioned before:
    I didnt know a crossbow made so much noise That it has to be silenced?!!

The bulletdodge trait on the other hand is working too much! Maxed out gold trait on a vest, and lvl 5 on surv trait you will get 45% chance to dodge those bullets..
    In reality its 90%.

Instead of nerfing us all the time, get the procentages straight in the game!
    And please stop adding the most rediculous new features nobody needs or aksked about!
    If u want to please us again in the future, give us the chance to deceide what the new trait is gonna be with a rarity upgrade of our survivors, and start rolling out a real weaponshop with the same advantages with the next update!
    I think you guys will definitely score some good points again with your playerbase!
    But than again if everybody keeps on spending 15€ on a virtual gun, with even bad traits, well they will never implement a change like that!
    Think twice before u spend, cause u see where all the spending took us...
    InvaderBenny
    @fistonltd The silencer trait works fine, just not as Daryl's leader trait. It's great for high level stealth missions
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited July 2016
    /qte
    1- I paid 14.99 canadian for the Rick's bundle with the silenced weapon , I did so because of the weapon exclusively , I would not have bought that bundle if silence was only 30%,
    I then spent approx. 3.6 million xp upgrading it. Even if you filled my xp , I am still stuck with the real money I paid for gear I will not use now ... how is xp possibly a good compensation option for this ?
    /uqte

@japes87 They will not remove the purchased items from your inventory and thus getting the money back in full as well as the fact that you'll be able to keep the weapon as well as the 500G and 100 shooter tokens, which were in the bundle as well seems to be a fair solution and the first step in the right direction. (Hardly believe that you've a few better shooter weapons already and thus I take it for granted that you continue to use it either way. I'd be happy to get the pistol for free... ;) )

P.S.: You confirmed yourself that "The silencer trait works fine, just not as Daryl's leader trait. It's great for high level stealth missions" ;)

CanadianMikePhantheraTripod
    @Japes87
    I perfectly managed to clear all episodes without it, so i see no benifit at all.
    (Well not all, i still got to clear ep14 mission 4,5 and 6 on nightmare, but thats impossible with my nerfed survs, even silenced if u want)
    Japes87
  • ShadowkeeperShadowkeeper Staff Posts: 77
    First of all, thank you all for giving some honest and much-needed feedback! We're currently looking at various ways to improve the token availability, and we've definitely heard you guys. Also, I'm sorry the communication has been less than desirable; with a lot of people on vacation it has been a challenge! It's definitely been a learning experience for us (and me).

@Jaden

The change in the survivor upgrade cost from Epic to Legendary was done as a part of the balancing and new rarity increase that was introduced in the latest update. As I said previously, we're at the moment discussing token options, so the situation should ease up.

About Daryl's leader trait Silent Shot; it's chance not a guarantee, so you might have some bad luck, too.

You also mentioned capping the Silencer trait; options were discussed, but the decision to change it instead of capping it was because it was a more stable option with less of chance for anything with the trait to to go awry in the future.

@Japes87

1. If you don't want the xp compensation, you can choose to get a refund instead.
    2. I forwarded your feedback on the Blindspot xp situation to our support team, but those decisions are made in support. It is my understanding that you received an explanation from support staff, but if something is still unclear to you, send them a new message.

And finally, thanks to @painclasher for the contribution! I'm collecting all kinds of feedback and ideas from forums; the Legendary crate suggestion is on the list of things to discuss. :)
    General_Pain
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    @Shadowkeeper How about a little transparency on what exactly is on the table being discussed right now?
    fistonltdMizTyInvaderGreenBalloon
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited July 2016
    @Shadowkeeper

I posted here the other day - http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/107675#Comment_107675

DLich said:

As @eetu and I discussed last week probabilities for pulls of legendaries (which is now out the window due to 40 new types of tokens available but that's a post for a different thread) I wanted to give some math using the same type of data calculation method we did that time.

I'm unsure if Daryl's ability works for any ranged attack from any survivor (meaning if only Daryl's shots have the chance to not cause a threat or if any survivor does as long as Daryl's in the leader spot) but let's use some calculations shall we?

Each event is independent.

If there's a 14% chance with level 4 that means there's an 86% it wont happen.

.86 x .86 is .74. So that's a 26% chance it'll happen once in 2 tries. I'll give the final numbers on each at every 5 tries.

53% chance it goes off 1 in 5 tries
    78% chance it goes off 1 in 10 tries
    90% chance it goes off 1 in 15 tries
    95% chance it goes off 1 in 20 tries
    98% chance it goes off 1 in 25 tries
    99% chance it goes off 1 in 30 tries
    99.5% chance it goes off 1 in 35 tries
    99.8% chance it goes off 1 in 40 tries
    99.9% chance it goes off 1 in 45 tries
    99.95% chance it goes off 1 in 50 tries

By now Id think we'd all have tried over 50 times and having it not go off once is kinda far fetched. Safe to say it's broken.

surely you aren't saying that something having a .05% chance of happening 50 times in a row is bad luck? I have a better chance of buying a $1 scratch off and winning $100

http://nylottery.ny.gov/wps/portal/Home/Lottery/Home/Instant+Scratch-Off+Games/$1+GAMES/Loose+Change/Loose+Change+-+Chances+of+Winning

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Rorshacksandman7ggbatstheRealBender
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    edited July 2016
    Stop insulting our intelligence by deciding that a weapon is "too powerful" for play if you aren't actually familiar with the weapons in question.

As to the crossbow, we actually own one. In no reality, does a crossbow need silencing. We also own an array of firearms, all fully licensed and insured. We undergo routine DoD screenings as part of a family member's employment, so yeah, we're familiar with the actual damage these tools inflict.

fistonltdPR0DJmongo911Melaniex
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    edited July 2016

About Daryl's leader trait Silent Shot; it's chance not a guarantee, so you might have some bad luck, too.

Let's see here . . .

Leader Trait benefits the whole group when you take a Hero to a mission.
    . . .
    Daryl Dixon (Hunter)
    - Silent Shot: Ranged attacks have X% chance of not creating threat
    First, let's define "benefits the whole group". Does that mean that, when Daryl is in the leftmost slot and other hunters or shooters are in the other slots, the others also have X% chance of not creating threat? If not, what does it mean?

Has anyone ever seen this trait actually working? What is the value of X? .01 ?
    InvaderfistonltdggbatsPR0DJ
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,031
    You mean promoting survivors to level 10 which is nearly impossible unless you spend hundreds or thousands of actual real world money which hardly no one will do? And you thought it was “balancing“ anything to make promoting an epic to legendary was necessary because of...?

And I doubt that we all have bad luck all of the time regarding Daryl's leader trait.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    InvaderPR0DJanachro12
    When i get a pop up when my battery is low on ios, the game still freezes! Any ideas when this will be fixed or is that not on the table?
    Its been going on since 1.10 and is still there in 2.0..
    It worked fine before, so it is possible!
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139

@Ruthless & anyone who asked about the Silenced trait.

The Silenced trait was indeed changed. The reason being, if you could combine that with Daryl's Silent Shot as a leader trait, it would be too powerful.

However, seeing as some of you bought a bundle with a weapon that has the Silenced trait, and that trait is now changed, we know that the weapon might no longer be the one that you wanted.

The trait was introduced in our update on June 28th. If you have bought a bundle with the Silenced trait since then, you can either contact our game support with the hashtag #silenced, attach a receipt of your purchase as well as a screenshot of the weapon in question, and we will compensate you with xp. Or if you want a refund, you can either contact us or Google Play to get it - unfortunately Apple users should contact Apple directly, as we can't handle Apple refunds.

This should have been communicated beforehand; sorry for the inconvenience!

@Ruthless & anyone who asked about the Silenced trait.

However, seeing as some of you bought a bundle with a weapon that has the Silenced trait, and that trait is now changed, we know that the weapon might no longer be the one that you wanted.

The trait was introduced in our update on June 28th. If you have bought a bundle with the Silenced trait since then, you can either contact our game support with the hashtag #silenced, attach a receipt of your purchase as well as a screenshot of the weapon in question, and we will compensate you with xp. Or if you want a refund, you can either contact us or Google Play to get it - unfortunately Apple users should contact Apple directly, as we can't handle Apple refunds.

This should have been communicated beforehand; sorry for the inconvenience!

Their was probable cause for a class action suit with this type of business model. Clearly the suits stepped in and saved them before it was to late. NG is clearly skating on thin ice.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    fistonltd
    edited July 2016
    fistonltd said:

Just did another raid
    First lost 4 gas because the "player become online" (still not fixed!)
    Took a bruiser, an assault and a shooter
    As i was able to stun the other 2 of the 3 defenders for 2 turns with my bruiser, but Only my last shot was able to hit the defenders shooter
    1 assault stunn dodged,
    3 times bruiser dodged + 3times retaliation dodged
    5 times shooter dodged
    And 5 times assault dodged
    Tha last bullet on my last turn finally hit him..
    So thats 1/17?!
    But its fixed guys, trust us!
    We got it all under controll..

You know what I think about bullet dodge (it makes no f#cking sense), but actually when I attacking outpost my guys dodging bullets better than defenders and no it's not 16/17, but like usual dodge (they have 55% dodge and 40% bullet dodge).
    ggbats
    edited July 2016
    @Shadowkeeper
    Is there anything on the table, towards giving us more power to deceide what we can do with our Tg and tokens?
    Like, giving us more options?

1. A weaponshop where u can choose a weapon or a vest of the class u want, with the traits u want.

2. Let us use choose the last trait we are gonna get when we spend our tokens to upgrade a survivors rarity!

Those 2 will do the trick!
    is that too much too ask?!

You will make a lot of us happy again, and give us a reason to collect tokens and tg again!

Now,
    its like giving a homeless some cash and let him go to store, but he cant choose what he will buy with the cash, he will just receive what the store will give him?!
    He would probably want some food sigarettes and beer, but u send him to the streets again with a microwave?!!!

Well i'm sick of grinding for tg and tokens if i can't choose what i'm going to do with it!

Please reply and give us a reason why it would be impossible to make us all happy again!