Refund Rick's Pistol

Just filed a request with app store for refund for equipment so we'll see... For those who on Mac/ios platform and don't know how: On a desktop open itunes --> Account drop down menu --> "View my account..." and enter itunes password --> Under "Purchase History" click "See All"--> Find purchase to be refunded and click to view breakdown of that day --> Next to problem charge click "Report a Problem" to go begin refund request.

If requesting refund for Rick's Silenced Pistol, be sure to mention the virtual equipment advertised is not a consumable, had a key attribute that was reduced by 50% with release of update 2.0 and was purchased as a special limited time offer package made available less than one month prior to game update.

I should of seen the writing on the walls long ago based on past updates but I learned my lesson and will not purchase or continue to support app developer Next Games for their sleazy bait and switch tactics.
Furginator

Comments

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 542
    You can also request a refund from Google Pay: https://play.google.com/store/. Sign in to your account, find the purchase and click on the "Report a Problem" link on the far right. I just submitted a request.
    sborg said:

You can also request a refund from Google Pay: https://play.google.com/store/. Sign in to your account, find the purchase and click on the "Report a Problem" link on the far right. I just submitted a request.

Never mind the above post. Google Pay responded by saying a refund for this purchase is outside their refund policy. :s

• DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 658
    Dont you pay using a visa or mastercard ie credit card? They have their own policies and may be able to help. Similiarly paypal.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    arrowsparrow
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    sborg said:

sborg said:

Never mind the above post. Google Pay responded by saying a refund for this purchase is outside their refund policy. :s

Call them and talk with a rep. Once you explain that you purchased an item with XXX specs and it was subsequently reduced in functionality w/out recourse or explanation you'll get the refund. And Google will recommend you cease purchasing any thing further 'with the vendor'.
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    I really don't want go through the hassle of calling for a refund. I want it fixed! @Teeceezy @Shadowkeeper @whoever any response would be appreciated.
    [Deleted User]PR0DJ
    edited July 2016
    It really wasn't a hassle. @ggbats , literally it was less than 5 minutes on the phone.
    ggbats
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    The problem is that they aren't going to fix it. They don't see the problem. And if they lose a few refunds, big whoop. If they lost a lot of refunds, however, they may get a clue.
    Invader

sborg said:

sborg said:

Call them and talk with a rep. Once you explain that you purchased an item with XXX specs and it was subsequently reduced in functionality w/out recourse or explanation you'll get the refund. And Google will recommend you cease purchasing any thing further 'with the vendor'.
    I called, after I tired the online approach, and I was told I'd get a refund from PayPal in the next few days. No hassle, took about 5 minutes to with customer support. I highly recommend calling.

The problem is that they aren't going to fix it. They don't see the problem. And if they lose a few refunds, big whoop. If they lost a lot of refunds, however, they may get a clue.

All the more reason for folks to make the call.
    MelaniexGreenBalloon
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    edited July 2016
    I was also told by Google Play that it was "outside their refund policy" . The guy I spoke with was a really nice guy who was also a gamer too , he completely understood and felt very bad they couldn't help me .. said that it's up to the developer to reimburse after 48 hours. He said he would escalate to his boss and they would get back to me within 48 hours by email ,but it didn't look hopeful. I only asked for a refund for the Rick's package as well , no gas or anything else
    @Japes87 , I heard the same thing, except they got back to me w/in 10 minutes of escalation to supervisor. Was it Google or Apple you were talking with? Good luck. Pretty shady to sell something, then whack it a few days later w/out letting anyone know.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066
    The fact that NG continues to ignore the multitude of complaints about the diasterous auto center issue which would be a simple fix shows me they either don't listen to their player base, or worse, don't care what we think. Why should the nefred Rick's pistol be any different?
    InspTurbinesGreenBalloon
  • ScratchNSmithScratchNSmith Member Posts: 21
    Yeah I anticipated it may not be a simple refund for them to issue but to help sway the request I asked for iTunes Store credit that I'll easily be able to spend elsewhere... That should help a tad if refund is viewed as a grey area by Apple
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    So what about those who bought gas+ xp boosters and even used gold to upgrade the siliencer trait?

Has anyone been successful of getting refund for any of those back?
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    Oh boy, Im so glad I never got around to upgrading it.
    masmith93
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    FYI - anyone filing a refund request with Apple, I was told by Apple that it's better to call than to file electronically.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    ggbatsOneLessTitanlmfgunnut
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 666
    I didn't buy it myself, but wasn't it Rick's Pistols (plural)? If you didn't get two or more, seems like false advertising to me.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

Lightfeet
  • ScratchNSmithScratchNSmith Member Posts: 21
    @Ruthless I requested booster refund for purchase immediately following purchase of bundle but we'll see... They are supposed to reach out to me within 48 hours but crickets so far, I'll post their response when they contact me.

@masmith93 I would of liked to call but didn't see a number... Would you mind posting? Thanks!
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    I have only ever bought the "full gas for 24 hours" bundle (7 times) and "2x XP for 24 hours" bundle (twice), approximately SGD $30 in total.

Spoke to iTunes Support via online chat and requested for a refund on the booster bundles I bought above and they agreed to do so within 10 business days.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    @gabriel_lwh what did you say to them to get thos boosters refund?
    @Ruthless I'll PM you :smile:

In case anyone missed out this reply from @Shadowkeeper regarding buying a bundle with gun that has the "Slienced" trait:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/109458/#Comment_109458

• ShadowkeeperShadowkeeper Staff Posts: 77
    @gabriel_lwh

Thanks for posting my reply here! And sorry about this guys; it should've been communicated beforehand.
    MizTygabriel_lwhDIblis
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    brentp17 said:

I didn't buy it myself, but wasn't it Rick's Pistols (plural)? If you didn't get two or more, seems like false advertising to me.

Yes, it was indeed plural.
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    Why are we requesting refunds on the boosters now? Is there something going on with them too?
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    @Rubberelemental Not the boosters themselves, but some players might have purchased XP boosters with the intent of being able to raise enough XP to level up the faulty gun.
    gabriel_lwh