Confirmation of luck stacking with Swift Strike

So since we haven't heard anything yet about luck and the new traits from the devs , I added a question into my support ticket for the lost xp in Blind Spot , here is the response from support
Conan1976JayZ

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,084
    edited July 2016
    Thank you for asking. As I've complained before, despite what mods and staff say, I haven't noticed it (with 30% luck and 10% swift strike), so I still don't believe it. I'd love to hear from anyone else that uses Scouts regularly.

I'm glad to see that they THINK it should stack, so any glitches that don't cause it to actually work will hopefully get fixed in the next update. I actually love using my Scout because of the extended movement range, and he could be even better if Swift Strike actually worked.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Japes87
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Have you put this in the Bug section? That you don't think Swift Strike is working properly with the Lucky trait?
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    JayZ
  • TheWalkingHeadTheWalkingHead Member Posts: 67
    Ooh this is awesome!
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I love using my scout now, as well. The extra movement is great for getting to the boxes or bailing out a teammate across the screen that just did a body shot.

Haven't even mentioned the increased damage they do now, making them the most lethal class (at least vs one target). They used to be the same as shooters.

Their biggest weakness is, of course, their one kill per turn handicap, which swift strike is supposed to help with. But I also got the sense the bonus attacks were less frequent than I thought they'd be. So after reading this, I started recording each attack my scout made. I was careful to not count Overwatch attacks or attacks using the bonus strike.

In my admittedly tiny sample size of 127 attacks, I recorded 12 which gave me a bonus turn, for a success rate of 9.4%

My scout has 10% luck and is using a weapon with 10% luck and 15% swift strike for a total of 35%

I'm not going to say that my 127 attack test sample is enough to form any solid conclusions. Just wanted to share as others may find interesting and/or decide to try their own tests
    @JayZ
    @Japes87
    JayZggbats
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    Unfortunately I don't have a scout past level 15 , after watching @Terminates latest videos killing it with her new favorite class , I am preparing to build a couple of strong scouts , unfortunately at this moment I can't collect data on swift strike , but if other players want to start keeping some stats with @DoTak we can get a bigger test sample and see if it's working as intended . Let me know if anyone is interested and I can start combining the stats. Ideally you will have gold luck and swift strike and 5/5 luck on survivor , but any combination of luck and swift strike will do :)
    JayZ
    @theRealBender No, I haven't. Silly of me to continue complaining about it in "General Discussion" and not report it as a bug, I suppose. I'll wait until after the new update, and if it's not fixed by then, I will. Thanks for the suggestion!

@DoTak @Japes87 Great idea to start tracking! I've done 250 runs, and noticed that I only get Swift Strike ~10% of the time in those runs (with 30% luck and 10% swift strike on my weapon). I'll start more formally tracking my attacks, now that there's some collective interest. So far this morning, it's been 5 bonus attacks out of 52 attacks. Small sample size obviously, so I'll start keeping more detailed notes now.
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 934
    @Japes87 Hi babe!

Only reason why I love my new scout is because I happen to have enough tokens and the right gear to make her a machine. And for Bunker, you don't really need high level scouts. There are people using level 6 scouts for their step range, and just 1 with interrupt.

I assume most people have 3 scouts because they want the scouts daily?

Have a great day <3

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    TheLostOnes
  • DegreaserDegreaser Member Posts: 72
    I never truly believed luck stacked with swift strike either. I kept hearing and reading that it did but I never felt like it to me. I'll try to gather real data too at some point but my feeling/memory matches the results posted above.
    Fwiw, started tracking on my other account:

Swift strike 10
    Luck 15
    Luck 12 on scout
    Total 37%

5/85 bonus = 5.9%

Included a streak of 31 consecutive attacks without a bonus, lol
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @JayZ They have a lot of feedback coming at them from all angles so my fear is that they don't always see what they need to see.
    Problems don't always look like bugs if they're not presented in a certain way to the right channels. I have read so many posts that are about things that are working properly but sound like bug complaints. And other posts about problems and blaming the wrong the source of the problem which gets ignored or put on the back-burner since it seems nothing is wrong with the supposed source. In this game and other games.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • CmlCml Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2016
    I have a scout with 35% total swift strike chance. Also only get around 1 extra attack out of 10.
    This is why i never really liked the trait, way too risky to rely on.
    Japes87
    @Terminates I'm glad I held on to this little beauty now :)

@DoTak @theRealBender @Cml @Degreaser @spartan912 @JayZ
    And anyone else interested in helping with this, since we have confirmation now from NG support that swift strike is intended to stack with luck, perhaps if anyone puts their data collecting here and we can get a big enough test sample, we can have it fixed (early accounts hint that it may not be working)

@Shadowkeeper @Carlo would this be OK with you guys? Since you always try to improve the Scout class, this could make a big difference!
    TerminatesPR0DJ
    @Japes87
    My current numbers:

Scout A (SS15, combined luck 20, total 35)
    17 / 170 = 10%

Scout B (SS10, luck 22, total 37)
    8 / 100 = 8%

Japes87
    Apologies to forum for posting here again, given all the bigger issues being discussed, but I saw that this thread was sent to @Teeceezy for their attention so I thought I'd add my final update. Btw, thanks @JayZ

Scout A (SS15, total 35)
    35/278 = 12.6%

Scout B (SS10, total 37)
    28/300 = 9.3%

My conclusion is luck isn't being added to swift strike, atm
    Japes87
    Thanks for the bump @DoTak, here's mine:

Scout A (SS 10%, luck 30%, total 40%)
    48/420 = 11.4%

Scout B (SS 10%, total 27%, total 37%)
    35/398 = 8.8%
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Yup, this is on my list for tomorrow. Any additional info/data is much appreciated!
    PR0DJBig_Guy
  • DegreaserDegreaser Member Posts: 72
    Here's my data from today:

Scout is Lucky 4 (12%), weapon is gold luck (15%), SS (15%). Expected total 42%.

So far: 34/200 or 17%
    Japes87PR0DJ
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    It seems all data shows that it does not stack.
    I have decent gear for scout which I want to upgrade, but will wait until it will be fixed.

Or I can upgrade it and play with it to collect additional data to help fix this issue, but if it will not be fixed will support refund all XP and Gas and some gold for my time and effort? @Teeceezy @Shadowkeeper ?

Rick_ZK
  • ShadowkeeperShadowkeeper Staff Posts: 77
    There seems to be an issue with luck stacking up with Swift Strike, and we're currently looking into it. Thanks for the reports!

@PR0DJ Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if we need to take you up on it! First we'll look into this on our side.
    JackBauerPR0DJ
  • Big_GuyBig_Guy Member Posts: 96
    Heck yeah! I've noticed the same thing. Only about 10% swift strike. I'm so glad the game creaters are going to fix this. Loving my scout.

This will definitely make scouts take their rightful place as part of many teams.
    MizTy
    Agreed @Big_Guy ! The long range on Scouts is actually quite handy for a lot of those exploration missions if you want to go through them more quickly OR on higher challenge levels, when you want to finish things before zombie respawns. Can you imagine if you could get 1.5 attacks every turn with your Scout?? You could easily cut up some of those fatty walkers.
    edited July 2016
    Thank you for the response on this @Teeceezy and @Shadowkeeper

By all results tallied , here and via PM that I have received , swift strike is not stacking with luck at all , it is running very close to the 15% (for gold swift strike on weapon) if not slightly under , regardless of Luck trait on weapon or survivor. I will continue to compile data , but I believe your devs will quickly find that it needs fixing, thank you
    i812many
  • kenjinenjinkenjinenjin Member Posts: 19
    Hey @Teeceezy @Shadowkeeper, with the latest announcement failing to mention the swift strike + luck stacking issue, I just wanted to see if the developers are planning on addressing it with the next update? Have they found anything definitive? Just wanted to bump this thread so it's not forgotten.
    MizTyDegreaserPR0DJ
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    I have my scout doing beer runs for my A team, so he only needs to get the beer faster
    Decided to do a quick check to see if anything is different.

5/54 = 11% so have to assume no change yet
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Japes87 I hit the shiny red Like button, but really I don't like at all. I can't wrap my little brain around the fact that these straight forward gameplay questions haven't been acknowledged, let alone answered or fixed. The Council has been quick to point out how busy NG is (and that's noble of you to care so much), but I really can't see why we can't get an update on these gameplay issues.

General Announcements are great @NG! Keep using them o:)
  • kenjinenjinkenjinenjin Member Posts: 19
    thanks for the update @Japes87 !
    1RisJapes87