Burned 370 Radios: Nothing But Crap

I decided to try my luck on the "Maggie" day and burned through 370 radios. Most of the "Hero Tokens" were 2. Yes, two friggin tokens for one call. And to top it off, most of the Heros were not Maggie. Here's how many tokens I ended up with:

Abraham: 34
Glenn: 10
Jesus: 32
Maggie: 98
Carol: 8

In one call, I had a choice of 2 Maggie or 2 Carol tokens. That was so insulting. Of course, many of the calls got me rare or common survivors. Yay! 8 Bruiser Tokens!

Never spending a dime on this f*cked up game ever again. I wish I could have cashed in my radios for what NG is charging. I would have netted close to $100.
masmith93TheLostOnesClaypool

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I have 1400 radios saved up, and my teammates want me to 'BURN THEM ALL!'
    Judging from your dreadful experience putting fire to them or ask for a refund might be more fun.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Here's my vid of 190 radios used on my alt

Here's another I did recently on my main using 300 radios as well
    DeadBeatarrowsparrow
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 487
    Yes @Putchuco , you ought to burn them all !!!
    This is coming from your ex-teammate as well :p
  • zboneszbones Member Posts: 161
    yep, it would not be to bad if they gave you more then 2 tokens. They are not making the game fun anymore. For the short time I have been playing this I see a change as they are charging more and giving less back. They need to understand that players are more ready to give up a few dollars here and their vs trying to get top dollar from just a few. If they want to keep the number of token low make it so you can see that you are making progress at a fair price. Don’t charge 50.00 for 200 radio calls and only give 2 tokens per call. People are not that stupid to see what is taking place.
    GovernatormcbkhicksStaceyElizabethInvader
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @NCDawgFan
    Because even if we did follow your strategy by ignoring the new heroes & focusing on original survivors, the odds of getting the class tokens you're looking for from a 15 radio call are DRASTICALLY reduced by the hero token system (and the odds weren't in the players favor to begin with). Someone else (@DLich ?) would need to do the math for me, but I know enough to know that it became virtually impossible to get enough class tokens to do exactly what you are suggesting. Plus they raised the token cost to do it

And that's only if I followed your suggestion. Never mind the fact that I was actually excited about building heroes!
    GovernatorStaceyElizabethInvaderLadyAquila
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    My own experience has been that good radio-call results come in streaks. But the bad luck days are miserable, I know. I had personally spent over +5,000 radios since the 2.0 update.

I feel like radio-calls are kind of like flying on an airplane. If we make it safely to our destination, we don't usually post about it. But if the airplane crashes, it's all over the news & forums. This might lead people to think that it's never safe to fly on an airplane. You don't have to spend money....but there's no reason to be scared of using radios you already have unless you are saving for some particular event.

@Governator Hang in there, and better luck next time
    TheLostOnes
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    edited July 2016
    LOL @Governator No, if you're still playing this game, then you're on a life-raft in the ocean. You survived. Maybe NG rescues you later. Just don't get eaten by sharks :smile:

Edit: Then again, NG might be the shark
    GovernatorInvader1Ris
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited July 2016
    I can't do any data collection on this subject because I am cursed by the radio Gods of NG in that I cannot even accumulate enough radios in a 2 day span to even make a radio call.

But logic dictates if you have a bowl of peanuts (survivors) and you add in a bunch of almonds (hero tokens) into that same bowl the odds of grabbing a peanut blindly become less.

Or worse you remove some of the peanuts (survivors) to make room for the almonds (hero tokens) so the bowl doesn't overflow your even further diminishing your odds of grabbing a peanut blindly.

I don't need to have radios to burn to see how our chances of "getting what we want" is greatly diminished. The question is by how greatly is the radio system "watered down". Unfortunately that's a question I cannot answer and maybe @Mark can make a new database questionnaire but at the end of the day we aren't blind.

Until NG both -
    1) tells us the chance normally
    2) tells us the chance when greater (a numerical value)

Words like "increased" or "reduced" (healing times) will just be words used to entice people to spend.

At least when you buy an item from the store you see it's original price and its sale price. With NML you have no clue what either costs. It's just a crapshoot similarly to entering a lottery in which you don't know the odds of winning. You're taking a huge chance and trusting the lottery is legit.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    InvaderDegreasermaggiemoo
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,482
    @SpacemanSpiff More like Lost. I am in an alternate reality and I just don't care anymore about playing. We are all dead and just don't know it yet.
    SpacemanSpiffLadyAquilaggbats
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Steeboon said:

Yes @Putchuco , you ought to burn them all !!!

This is coming from your ex-teammate as well :p

Hey Steeboon, missing you!
    Still won't burn my radios! Get in line! ;)

If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]