July 29 Weekend Event

Per @Terminates's video, this week's event is 2x XP with 5 second equipment upgrade times.

Great event, although something that gives bonus radios or tokens directly would have been better! Stay strong and resist the urge to buy the 24 hour gas booster.
TheLostOnesStafford5SlickRickInvaderMrSorrowAmely1Rismasmith93[Deleted User]InspTurbinesBoruto[Deleted User]General_PainDeadBeatEL34xyzPR0DJAnnette578

Comments

• TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    There will by no 'urge' to buy fuel from me....
    MelaniexAnnette578
  • Stafford5Stafford5 Member Posts: 53
    I've been waiting for this event for quite some time. I have a ton of trade goods to spend. Almost 200k:)
    LadyAquilaAnnette578
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,459
    XP is only for kills not from crates :)

Hello farming!
    [Deleted User]gabriel_lwh
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    what about from scrapping gear or retiring survivors?
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

Hello farming!

How surprising...and witch farming you´re talking about?

The limited version?
  • Stafford5Stafford5 Member Posts: 53
    null

Noooooo! Oh well back to boarding tg's
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Invader said:

Hello farming!

How surprising...and witch farming you´re talking about?

The limited version?
    Witch farming? That made me LOL!
    InvaderMelaniex
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,459
    @Invader I didn't know farming had different versions! May you enlighten me?

I was talking for the one where you sit next to the exit to kill walkers for XP
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    I farm every map with walkers 15+.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    On weekend I would recommend then "farming" the entry points of outposts: only 2 Gas, and a lots of fatties that give a lot of XP.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    AmigaLadyAquilaPR0DJBadLuckChuck
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

@Invader I didn't know farming had different versions! May you enlighten me?

Yes...and there was the endless version and now there is the capped version :wink:
    MizTy
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    Wallet still closed here
    Annette578
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Oh this is so goof and bad. Normally double XP is a good weekend event especially with 5 second equipment upgrades but at the same time it's a almost like looking forward to being fed by your kidnappers. Obviously in order to truly take full advantage of this event means spending money and time on the game over the weekend. Of course no one is forcing you to buy the boosters but if you don't then the divide between non paying and paying players grows wider as NG sits back watching their evil plan unfold. Cue the diabolical laughter.
    General_PainInspTurbinesAnnette5781Ris
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    They should increase gear-drop-rate first so we have decent gear to upgrade.
    So I guess I will pass on gas booster this time. Will upgrade slowly, game isn't going anywhere.
    [Deleted User]Annette578
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    JackBauer said:

On weekend I would recommend then "farming" the entry points of outposts: only 2 Gas, and a lots of fatties that give a lot of XP.

@JackBauer
    You've done good comparisons? Because I'm facing 3 lvl 18+ Legendary defenders with bullet dodge and don't have a lot of time for farming. Which means I have to decide between farming walkers or get all the Trade Goods because there's no time for both.

... Because I average 35K XP in Exploration Missions PLUS opening a minimum of 6 crates post-mission (8 times a day for free) so now we're talking 50K XP minimum for 6 gas. I you don't respond before tonight I will try a couple raids and farm only to see.

Cheers
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    JayZ
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Shut_Up said:

Oh this is so goof and bad. Normally double XP is a good weekend event especially with 5 second equipment upgrades but at the same time it's a almost like looking forward to being fed by your kidnappers. Obviously in order to truly take full advantage of this event means spending money and time on the game over the weekend. Of course no one is forcing you to buy the boosters but if you don't then the divide between non paying and paying players grows wider as NG sits back watching their evil plan unfold. Cue the diabolical laughter.

Yep so this is a good test weekend. And only NG will know for sure who sticking with the Rebellion and who breaks rank and spends money.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    Shut_Up
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 356
    @theRealBender when focusing in farming outpost walkers you can get roughly 30K XP and 50 TG for 2 gas and 7 mins. in exploration missions you get some more XP and chests for 6 gas and maybe same time... So its up to you which way you prefer...
    theRealBender
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 356
    With unlimited gas i would go exploration and challenge missions of course but then you would have to pay for it...
    Invader
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    edited July 2016
    @theRealBender OP Strength 114: 3 Minutes (not maximising), 2Gas, 30k XP. makes 15k XP per Gas. What is your ratio ?
    (Plus 5 OP Stars)
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    theRealBender
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 988
    This is about all I've been doing for a past several days, so I'll post my stats for anyone interested:

Outpost Farming: 25-35K per mission (~90K average for every 6 Gas in about 20 minutes)
    **I take in my all 19/legendary Hunter/Shooter/Warrior or Scout Team here (need that melee action for armored/fatties in close quarters, or else I get injured and can't do as many)...otherwise I could probably farm slightly higher**

XP Exploration: ~40-50K per mission (sometimes more with lucky boxes/videos) for every 6 Gas in about 10 minutes

Obviously those numbers are roughly doubled this weekend, which is nice.

So I guess if you're on unlimited Gas booster, best bet is Exploration, since you'll get more XP per mission in less time. If not, Outposts take a bit longer but use less Gas, so it's a more efficient use of Gas.

Again, this is just talking XP here. You don't get TG through Exploration Missions, and you don't get Radios/Food/Gold/Equipment doing OP raids.

I've basically been splitting my time between the two, and been pretty happy with the results. A good balance. Also, if I did nothing but Raids at 2 Gas each (I never buy unlimited), I would literally be playing the game all day. Ain't nobody got time for that.

...Or do they..?
    LadyAquilatheRealBender