Do you ever need more than 2 of each class?

You can only use 3 at a time, we all use our shit ones to defend the outpost but do upgrade em if we're waiting on tomatoes.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Yes,

because some quest require you to use an all scout team, or all hunter team, or all assault team...etc.
  • arrowsparrowarrowsparrow Member Posts: 22
    I've not seen any of those I must admit, yeah to win 10 gold but you can bin that challenge. I'm level 44 and getting frustrated lol
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    the bonus quest "use an all [insert class] team" can only appear, when you have 3 survivors of a class in your camp
    OneLessTitan
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    @arrowsparrow as @docfinzenburg stated, you won't get the "3 of 1 type survivor" unless you have 3 of a single type.

That's why I have kept a few of mine, they aren't maxed out, but they are good for a few bonus stars every challenge or so.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    I might have done a very bad move on this. I had 3 chars each class, except Bruisers and Scouts, but for Assaults, Hunters and Warriors I trashed one of each because I got heroes in those classes and I did not have enough gear for all. Plus the tokens helped me make my main chars better (all maxed traits for 5 stars now and no plans on the short term to improve them, for marginal benefits are so slim above 5 stars).

My doubt is if heroes count for those quests "3 of 1 type survivor"? I have not gotten any since but it might be just me. I hope they do count, or my stars for guild will lower at least 6 per week....
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Papacas -- I know you can complete "Use all Hunters" quest using Daryl and two other Hunters (not from personal experience, but from users reporting that here or in my guild), but I do not know if that quest will pop up if you ONLY have 2 hunters in addition to Daryl.
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @Jaden already answered this question for me:
    Jaden said:

b) If not, can (f.e.) Daryl be used for an all hunter quest?

Yes, he can. I had that quest and used Daryl as part of my all-hunter team.
    @OneLessTitan I also play on my oldest son's account on week days (he is not allowed to play tablet except for weekend) and I confirmed that. He had that quest and using Darryl it got completed, but he did have 3 other hunters, so he would always get the quest.

@docfinzenburg yeah but that is not my doubt. The doubt is will I even get the quest now, having 2 regular hunters plus Darryl and Maggie? I mean they are classified as Hunters, but do they count for getting the quest? It makes sense that they do, but it's "see to believe"! Too bad I did not think about this issue before trashing the legendary dummies I had before, but hey, I never said I was smart!
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,007
    Papacas said:

My doubt is if heroes count for those quests "3 of 1 type survivor"? I have not gotten any since but it might be just me. I hope they do count, or my stars for guild will lower at least 6 per week....

I don't know if they count when getting the quests but I used Darryl in an "all hunter" quest and got the bonus stars.

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Papacas -- Gotcha. Please keep us updated and let us know if the quest pops up on your account!

@Papacas -- Gotcha. Please keep us updated and let us know if the quest pops up on your account!

@OneLessTitan Will do mate, Good thing is I have 3 classes on that situation, so it should be kinda quick to check it.
    OneLessTitan
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,863
    I keep 3 of a kind for bonus quest.
    Even though the other two may not be as strong as my A team, they still are just fine when a challenge starts and the walkers are very low level.

I don't really upgrade the 3rd one unless I just happen to have a bunch of XP and nothing else to update
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Am I really the only crazy head that has almost 6 of each Class? :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    masmith93
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    You should have 3 hunters, warriors and assaults, just don't upgrade them all.
    exploiting the loophole loophole
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Why not have more than 3 of some classes, you can trade weapons and armor between (same class) them. If your playing outposts you'll definitely want survivors to tag in to reduce hospital costs.
    rgerkmanLadyAquila
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 685
    i got at least 3 of each except for scout (retired one to make one better) just waitin on a good one i have 37 slots not countin daryl.... i know some trash quest but why its free gold..thats money not goin into ngs pockets since ya dont have to buy gold from not trashing quest & since i have 3 hunters ill always get that quest & thats why i try to keep 3 of each so i can get those quest for the gold even if ya got 3 quest not complete ull still get quest they just wont show up till one of tge 3 r completed then next pops rite up
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    rgerkman said:

Do you really want me to answer that?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    rgerkmanlmfgunnutmongo911TheLostOnes
    edited July 2016
    @masmith93 :joy: :joy: :joy:

I already know I am hahah it's my OCD :wink:

My logic makes sense though.. In my head atleast :)

Rhonda
    masmith93mongo911
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    I used to have 4/5 of most classes , but I've trimmed down to 3 of each now to focus on upgrading my A-team traits. I keep 3 for all the bonus quest options absolutely though . Every star counts
    Well I just learned that a guild member has received the 3 warrior quest and I did not. I hope Jesus (the warrior, not the other one, lol) does not screw it for me. I don't think we get quests all at the same time and yesterday I think I got a quest for completing guild missions, on the afternoon, so I guess I could only receive a new quest 24 hours later...
    Guys, i just toasted the rest of my radios, not buying anything else now, solidarity. Still i did keep an extra survivor, no matter the stars on it, fir the classes hunter, assault and warrior. For these classes i had 2 survivors each plus one or more heroes labeled as being in that class.

While i had not gotten any "3 xxx team" quest with that setup, the monent i recruited crap survivors i git a all hunter team quest. So it seems like a problem. Moreover, i did indeed complete the quest with a normal hunter plus Maggie and Darryl. My view is either heroes count as class members or they do not. Bug maybe?
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    rgerkman said:

wow, how do you get the xp to train them all?
    @Gonkistan ... Whole lotta grindin lol
    & some Survivors are on a wait list hahaha but what I view as most important (Assaults, Shooters & Hunters) are all ready & then I have three from other classes ready for Outpost defending & when I need them for the 3 of a kind goal... I'll get there one day :wink:

Rhonda
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Not sure if this has been confirmed, but I just got "3 Hunters" quest with 2 regular Hunters plus Daryl (as in, those are my only three in my roster). Thus, it looks like Heroes count towards the total for these quests!
    BadLuckChuckGonkistan

Not sure if this has been confirmed, but I just got "3 Hunters" quest with 2 regular Hunters plus Daryl (as in, those are my only three in my roster). Thus, it looks like Heroes count towards the total for these quests!

@General_Quatre Hi. Did you get the quest with just 2 hunters and Darryl on your roster as hunters, or did you manage to complete it with that team but you have more hunters?
  • meanbirdmeanbird Member Posts: 34
    I keep 3 hunters, warriors, and assault so that I could field a full team of each if I wanted. For scouts, bruisers, and shooters I keep an A player and B player of each one.
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    I have only 2 hunters and Daryl altogether
    BadLuckChuck
  • hhmcameronhhmcameron Member Posts: 224
    You need 3 of each class + what ever you have in your outpost

Half the time i want to scrap all three of tye craptacular bruiser class so ican stop seeing the training and upgrade notices