NG, You created the conversion rates...please use them!

lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
Each radio costs 50 gold if purchased in game.

500 TG costs 100 gold.

Using gold, 5 radios costs 250 gold

Using TG purchased with gold, 5 radios cost 600 gold.

Please hire someone familiar with basic math.

Lower the price of this offer to 1250 TG to be in line with your OWN economy or go pound sand. Ugh. I feel ill being immersed in your continued lack of attention to your trade system and callous handling of your players.
DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

JackBauerHeisenbergTheLostOnesShut_UpPain Walkermasmith93MadiJayZConan1976PR0DJGreenBalloonMrSorrowMizTyVudnikmcbkhicksInvaderInspTurbinesLambariDaleBadLuckChuckDLichDeadBeatCapletonSlickRickPapacasi812manyp_herian

Comments

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    The balance/economics analyst is not doing a realistic job @Teeceezy
    ggbatsMizTylmfgunnut
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 69
    +1 big times
    MizTylmfgunnut
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    Outrageous.
    lmfgunnut
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited August 2016
    I believe that NG creates these out of wack numbers deliberately to make something unappealing seem somewhat valid.

Nobody in their right mind would spend 50 gold a radio. But when your other options are 600 Gold for 3K TG's or subbing out hospital stays for survivors & time spent on outposts... it's makes using the 50 Gold/1 Radio option more appealing.

It's the "Anchoring Effect" singulariteam.com/TheAnchoringEffect.html

600 Gold for 3K TG's = 5 radio's
    250 Gold for 5 radio's
    8 raids using gas and hospital stays = 0-200 Gold for 5 radio's

It's all a way to make the 50 gold for 1 radio seem more like a bargain. That's my opinion anyway.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    SgtSalamiLadyAquilalmfgunnut
    To be honest this is a new low and just reinforces what we all knew all along.

NG trade like no other company I have ever come across in terms of pricing.

Total rip off merchants and hope they see that now this as been pointed out they have worked out that this needs to be addressed immediately.

This is not toxic its just my opinion on how NG standards and procedures when checking their own tariff are clearly incapable or possibly even ignore them perhaps they don't bother checking whatsoever as they don't have them in place in the first instance.
    Dalelmfgunnut
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,627
    edited August 2016
    @lmfgunnut Nice calculations there however we shouldn't forget that 500 TG crate doesn't guarantee radios.

While 3000 is too much and 1250 is too low, maybe 2000 is the best price for 5 guaranteed radios.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    PR0DJharveylipslmfgunnut
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    @DLich great post just shows how fricking nuts it is these games need to get in the real world.
    MizTySgtSalamiInvaderlmfgunnut
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    First of all, I agree 100% that the conversion is way offbase, and there should be more radios given for 3K tg. However, I think we're viewing this through the wrong "lens." We shouldn't think of this as some benevolent option from NG bestowed upon us; instead, this is just an extra option for TGs to be used even if not economically ideal, and targeted at increasing Outpost and guild challenge participation, i.e. encouraging us to spend gold for hospital or buy boosters for challenges. I think that is NG's angle.

The XP conversion in scrapping gear has always been off base too, but if we decide to get that extra little bit of xp, then we can do it. This TG-to-radio option seems similar.
    lmfgunnutblynknz
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    They just do not know math.
    As simple as that.
    They came to this point only because somebody came up with good idea and gave them money to make a game associated with very popular and successful franchise.
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    But I totally agree with:

@lmfgunnut Nice calculations there however we shouldn't forget that 500 TG crate doesn't guarantee radios.

While 3000 is too much and 1250 is too low, maybe 2000 is the best price for 5 guaranteed radios.

Pain Walkerlmfgunnut
    They know the math, they understand exactly what they are doing to maximise profits which are well beyond reasonable am convinced of it.

They will look at this, maybe we will get some sort of explanation and then nothing changes.
    InvaderSgtSalamilmfgunnut
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @DLich $100 dollars will get you 16,000 gold if you buy big or XXL radio bundles rather than the standard gold shop offering.

Also, the supply conversion rate is 1096/gold at least going off the current upgrade I have available where I am missing 333,240 supplies but can execute for 304 gold.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

masmith93TheLostOnes
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    @Movado yes, they are offering us another option...as all of these changes are...unfortunately, many of us view them as crappy options to pry money out of our wallets as "solutions" to the crappy out of whack artificial game economy which they have created to try and fleece us and not ones to improve the quality of their product...while they continue to brainstorm these options, a game which had been quite a good one has been steadily declining in quality and entertainment value and becoming a huge grind...unfortunately, these options are alienating many of us and jaundicing us to the game and the company which has created it...
    InspTurbineslmfgunnut
    edited August 2016
    @lmfgunnut I found supplies to fluctuate

needing 1.63 mil to upgrade a radio tent to lvl 9 will cost 880 gold (1852 per gold)

needing 1.38 mil to upgrade a tent to lvl 10 will cost 768 (1797 per gold)

needing 1.13 mil to upgrade a supply storage to lvl 10 will cost 657 gold (1720 per gold)

I put a blanket average of 1800 due to these numbers being vastly different

If you need 333,240 for 304 gold being 1096 supply per gold, based on that number it would be -

1096 supplies x 657 gold = 720,072 supplies (far off from 1.13 mil) for lvl 10 supply storage
    1096 supplies x 880 gold = 964,480 supplies (far off from 1.63 mil) for lvl 9 radio tent
    1096 supplies x 768 gold = 841,728 supplies (far off from 1.38 mil) for lvl 10 tent

I figured it would be rounding and anything below the thousand marker might be "lumped" in... but if you are getting different costs the closer it is to 0 that would indicate that the amount of gold needed is higher at larger amounts necessary

lmfgunnutmasmith93
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    New guild requirement: everyone must get 1,000 stars each....or get booted, lol
    LadyAquilaInspTurbines1Ris
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    The Gold/instant upgrade rate is also not linear, FYI.

It's more expensive in gold/minute to quick-finish an upgrade if you're almost done upgrading it vs if the upgrade just started.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    DLichSgtSalami
    edited August 2016
    @lmfgunnut I found the XP conversion to be on point though

lvl 18 epic survivor 543.45K xp costs 3625 gold - 150 xp per gold
    ..... or 4628 (670K for instant) - 145 xp per gold

lvl 17 legendary survivor 336.45K xp costs 2247 gold - 150 xp per gold
    ..... or 3226 (463K for instant) - 144 xp per gold

lvl 20 epic weapon 718.44K xp costs 4789 gold - 150 xp per gold
    .....or 5820 (844.99K for instant) - 145 xp per gold

lvl 22 epic weapon 1.11M xp costs 7389 gold - 150 xp per gold
    ..... or 8435 (1.23M for instant) - 146 xp per gold

xp used per gold seems to remain the same regardless of xp needed to finish the upgrade. Also it seems overall it's less expensive to upgrade a survivor flat out using gold, then it would be to use gold to buy the remaining resources needed to upgrade (and still have to wait the upgrade time or spend more gold to rush it)

*** to the above statement meaning if you compared apples to apples starting at exactly 0 xp the amount of gold needed to buy the xp to upgrade the survivor would be MORE than the amount of gold needed to instantly upgrade the survivor.

lmfgunnut
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Yes @DLich and @lmfgunnut supplies are on some sort of sliding scale. I guess it's based on how much money NG can make off of you.

5 tiny little radios for 3000 TG. I bet they don't even come with batteries.
    1RisBadLuckChuckLadyAquila
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I've taken the data I have thus far and plotted them on a graph. It appears to be a linear progression...my math skills must be on vacation though. I need some help understanding what this means. If it is linear, then why do you get more supplies per gold the more you need and less supplies per gold the less you need? Do I just not have enough data points to see the curve??

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Its like bulk buying. You get more for your money when you buy in bulk. It has always been like that in the game. I tracked it ages ago out of interest.