How valuable is that 10%?

I'm sure I read somewhere here that the players visiting the forum represent only 10% of the total peeps who have downloaded this game...

Got me wondering how effective the spending boycott is...at first glance, even if the whole 10% boycotted, it would seem like a drop in the ocean...but just who makes up that 10%?

When a person opens this game and starts to play, it may take them a little time, but inevitably as they grow, they end up joining a guild...most new players pick one of the random guilds that come up in a search and find themselves in half full guilds, or guilds with mixed participation...if they like the game enough to try to progress, they tire of the first one or two guilds and search out the higher ones...if they like the game enough they have probably started spending...

Most of these players will by this time be "aware" of the forum...most of these players, due to their natural progression in the game and through guilds, will visit this forum...

Which leads me to believe, that the 10% who are on this forum, are actually the players who spend the most...

I'm prolly wrong, but just wanted to put that out there....

Xoxo
LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
TheLostOnesMizTyMissSFX

Comments

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Whales are 90pct of spending, even if only 1pct of the player base or some really insane weighting like that
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Being 10% of the total of peeps who have downloaded the game doesn't really mean anything. Not all of the people who downloaded the game are still playing it.

How many people have downloaded it, uninstalled it, and moved on? We have no way of knowing that.

The real question is: What percentage of active players visit the forums?
    SgtSalami
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I played a game that sunset in May. They'd have guild and individual rank awards. The whole scale and gameplay was much different than this one but to piggyback off what @Dale mentioned this prior game bragged how it had 3 million users. It was around the 2 year anniversary of it.

But 3 million users isn't 3 million players. Many of us had alts. One event I scored 1 point on an alt just to see where it would rank. Events lasted Thursday - Tuesday. So final rank came out for my 1 point and I finished 42,000. 42K of 3 million meant 99% of their "players" we're shell accounts.

Unless NG announces how many players they have (maybe can go by downloads) and created an individual rank reward system we may never know.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    DaleSgtSalamiTheLostOnes
    Once I heard them mention how many missions had been run. It would be interesting to compare the number of downloads to the number of missions run. If there are, for instance x downloads and 4x missions run(or even 1,000x missions run) that means that most people who downloaded aren't running missions.

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Here an article claims that 50% of FTP mobile game profits come from .15% of player base.

http://www.recode.net/2014/2/26/11623998/a-long-tail-of-whales-half-of-mobile-games-money-comes-from-0-15
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

InspTurbinesSgtSalamiJapes87TheLostOnes
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    @lmfgunnut Interesting article and interesting concept.

For those who want to quickly move to a look at the concept:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
    TheLostOnes
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Wait!!! Shush...I have a concept!!! I was first in my head lmao

Xoxo
    edited August 2016
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

1% of the forum is Creators
    9% of the forum is Contributors
    90% of the forum is Lurkers

Which would mean for every 1 person that is posting content, there are 10 people not posting content. This isn't a "blanket" statement, just what appears to be true most of the time.

TheLostOnesZeenarachel227
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    @DLich Very Interesting
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Helloooooooo lurkers.
    How's your day going?
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    I've got this feeling somebody's watching me.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    MizTyInspTurbines
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    BOO!

MizTySgtSalamiRandy78
    I recently watched the movie "Divergent Series - Allegient" and I can't help but feel people out there in internet land know of DLich. I feel kinda important while also puzzled at the same time.

We always knew people would look but not interact. But to see how many there are compared to the "contributors" is kinda freaky lol

@MrsScattercushion

Ha!!! You just blew it...you are no longer a lurker....now your one of us!!!

Mawhaahaaa

Xoxo
    MizTyBadLuckChuckMissSFX
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    @tammy "turns lurker mode back on"
    @MrsScattercushion

Too late!! Not only did you come out of lurking, but you tagged me!!

You are officially not a lurker :smile:

Xoxo
    MizTySgtSalamiMrsScattercushion
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    I love you @SpacemanSpiff
    #fellowwhale
    Dale said:

Once I heard them mention how many missions had been run. It would be interesting to compare the number of downloads to the number of missions run.

Found it.

10 million downloads, 250 million missions run. An average of 25 missions per download.

25 missions isn't very many. Heck, I've run over 4,000 and I came late to the party.

Many of the people who downloaded the game are not active players.

tammySgtSalamiDLich