Epic hunter upgraded to Legendary hunter

It took 480 tokens which is 3 trait upgrades ando 1 promotion upgrade . Here's the before and after shots FYI that was 8 rare hunters 1common hunter and 2 epic hunters
OneLessTitanzosonIllbrainermcbkhicks_wendy_[Deleted User]TheLostOnesBorutoAnnette578

Comments

• OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Very cool that you don't have to upgrade the new trait from Level 1. That saves some tokens!! Thanks for sharing @Ovidmikel !!!
    OvidmikelAndriusMizTyDLich
  • CanadianMikeCanadianMike Member Posts: 202
    And also the traits stay as they are and we "just" have to upgrade them one more level each.
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited June 2016
    I couldn't help myself lol I only needed 120 tokens so I retired one of my epics to do it lol that leaves me with one epic hunter and 2 legendarys lol I also have a rare I didn't retire because he has the stance trait x % more during overwatch and the trait that has x% more damage when you shoot without moving none of my others have that trait
    ggbatsDLich
  • CancerCancer Member Posts: 94
    Did you get a say in the new trait, or was it random?
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    The additional trait is random.
    MizTyOvidmikel
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited June 2016
    if there are 4 traits wouldn't it be 120 x 4 PLUS 120 for the promotion?

If you pulled a fresh epic right now all 4 traits start at level 3 and each trait needing 120 to upgrade is 480 in upgrades plus 120 for the promotion.

Pre 1.10 epic's were given one of the traits at level 4, but beyond that it's 600 needed to go from epic to legendary.

4 needed to go from common to uncommon
    48 needed to go from uncommon to rare
    240 needed to go from rare to epic
    600 needed to go from epic to legendary
    1250 needed to max out level 5 legendary

It still sucks that the 4 you get with that epic was gold in 1.09... Legendary survivors whom had gold were bumped to 5; epic survivors whom had gold were bumped to 4.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Boruto
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    @DLich I believe @Ovidmikel 's Epic Hunter was pre 1.10 and one of his traits was already at Level 4 (Iron Skin?), thus he only needed 120 x 3 = 360 Class Tokens to upgrade the other 3 traits. An additional of 120 Class Tokens to promote from Epic to Legendary totaling to 480 Class Tokens.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    ggbats
    @dlich epics always had @gold trait and two silver
    @Ovidmikel yes but gold trait on a 1.09 epic translates to a 4 while a gold trait on 1.09 legendary translates to a 5 it just stinks that you have to spend the 250 extra tokens (after you've fully upgraded it in epic form, promoted it, and then spent 250 tokens each for the bottom 4 traits.

you get what i'm saying?

@gabriel_lwh for 1.09 to 1.10 epics upgrade cost is 480 yes, but any new epic pulled in 1.10 is 600. that's all i was trying to relay :)

gabriel_lwhOvidmikelOneLessTitantheRealBender
    @DLich yea I see what you mean epic was nerfed 3% on one trait but ng totally made up for that by letting me uograde my max lvl 17 epic hunter to lvl 18 lol and a couple max lvl 17 assaults I would soon had to retire lol
    DLichLadyAquila
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    So on the legendary in order to get the traits from 4 to 5 you will need to keep spending tokens? Is it one upgrade per token pull? Or all of them jump to 5 next token level?
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    @bumshoe one at a time. 250 token for each individual upgrade (5 in total) and it starts from the bottom and works its way up... you can't choose which one to upgrade.

Since a gold trait in a 1.09 epic is the top trait listed in the 1.10 version here's what you have to spend to get it to level 5 (legendary already is level 5)

120 tokens for 4th trait
    120 tokens for 3rd trait
    120 tokens for 2nd trait
    120 tokens for promotion to legendary (see @Ovidmikel picture above)

then

250 tokens for 5th trait (bottom... the newest one given when upgraded to legendary
    250 tokens for 4th trait
    250 tokens for 3rd trait
    250 tokens for 2nd trait
    250 tokens for 1st trait (this is the one that was gold in 1.09 on the epic character)

for legendary, unlocked gold traits carry over in 1.10 (BOTH gold traits)
    for epic, unlocked gold traits cost 1730 to unlock

What's even better is if you had an 18/19 legendary in 1.09 and you weren't able to unlock the final trait due to there being no way possible, you are given both gold traits to level 5 in 1.10 (even if the 2nd one wasn't unlocked)

I understand why epic tops out at 4... because technically at epic it's impossible to have a level 5 trait in the 1.10 release... but doing the math it stinks that it costs 1730 to make that gold trait in 1.09 have the same value in 1.10

OvidmikelBoruto
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    DLich said:

What's even better is if you had an 18/19 legendary in 1.09 and you weren't able to unlock the final trait due to there being no way possible, you are given both gold traits to level 5 in 1.10 (even if the 2nd one wasn't unlocked)

I didn't realize that. That's good news, thanks.

DLichggbats
  • castrocastro Member Posts: 15
    Wondering if anyone knows or can speculate on this: so you have your lvl 19 hunter with maxed out traits. Sweet. What happens when 1.11 comes out. All you do is level up to 20 with XP? Will traits need upgrading to like a 6 or something? Just wondering what the go-forward might look like.
    @castro I understand your question about the next update and im sure the devs have thought of long term plans beyond 1.10 but this update is about 25 hours old so I don't think we'll be getting answers for the next update anytime soon.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Congrats! That new trait looks like it will be very useful :)
    @darkfae yes I can attest the new bullet Dodge trait is very useful against saviors luckickily both myself hunters have both the Dodge and bullet Dodge and luck they are some awsome dodgers they already came into play on episode 14
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @Ovidmikel

Sounds awesome! I hope I get the chance to check out that new trait up close myself then :)
    Ovidmikel
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @Ovidmikel

Very nice. Congrats. You leg Hunter club is getting bigger everyday.
    Ovidmikel
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @DLich Your assumption that old legendary survivors are better resp. cheaper to upgrade is wrong as the total number of tokens for both is 1.250 as you have to make 5 upgrades. The differences between old and new pulled chars are the starting tiers of the traits as follows.

Survivor pulled prior to 1.10
    Trait 1: tier 5
    Trait 2: tier 5
    Trait 3: tier 4
    Trait 4: tier 3
    Trait 5: tier 3

Survivor pulled after release if 1.10
    Trait 1: tier 4
    Trait 2: tier 4
    Trait 3: tier 4
    Trait 4: tier 4
    Trait 5: tier 4
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    edited August 2016
    . . .
    I dont understand, why didn't my assault turn legendary after I upgraded all 3 traits to 4? Why didn't an extra trait come or why is it now asking for 250 to promote? I had this survivor pre 1.09 update
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    @Jazz

You need to get to 250 tokens more and click "Promote" in the bottom right.
    How come the original person only needed 120 to promote?

Damn this game is so unfair.
    BadLuckChuck
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    It's a feature.
    WahooDawgant
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    What else is new:
    • Turkish and Mandarin Chinese (simplified) localizations
    • Guild advertisements
    • The guild menu shows the last active date of the guild members
    • Survivor rarity based level up costs unified
    - Level up XP costs are balanced to be slightly higher on lower rarity survivors and slightly lower on higher rarity survivors.
    • Team selection screen now shows walker types you encounter during a mission
    • Other small improvements (and or schemes to screw you over)

This must fall into that last category
    @jazz in the 2.0 update ng changed the cost of promotion from 120 tokens to 250tokens . I agree it sucks I have an epic assault and epic shooter I lacked only a few tokens to promote to legendary after the update I was over 100 tokens shy as if it wasn't enough tokens already . I guess I can count t myself lucky i got my first epic hunter upgraded to leg before the 2.0 update .
    LadyAquila
    Damn!! ;( Thanks everyone for the info!