What Traits to look for in each class?

Hello community, I am pretty new in this game and I have next to no idea what Traits is good for what class. Browsing through forum, I noticed majority of people think Lucky is a good trait on all classes, but what other Traits are good and worth having for each class? And what would your dream Legendary survivor's Trait List look like?
TheLostOnes

Comments

• GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @SusanoRay I basically agree with what @TheLostOnes wrote, but I want to add one important thing. Getting one survivor with all mentioned traits is like winning lottery, having like 5+ of those is fortune, so use what you get(my suggestion is to keep even rare survivors) and as you will proceed thru the game(and getting some more phones), get some more survivors and keep those with better traits. Maybe one day you will have nice set of very powerfull survivors with great traits, but dont expect this happen anytime soon(unless you are pretty damn lucky).
    MizTyTheLostOnes
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I'd like to make one addition to @Gladi's point about keeping rares.

Keep them, but I would suggest not upgrading them. Only upgrade epics and legendary survivors. This way there is only one trait that you are unsure of rather than two. Less gambling that way.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    @Dodkong We are not in disagree here. With leveling, I mean rising level from lets say 9 to 15/16, not really upgrading traits with tokens(as they are rare enough, so spending them on rares is way too big gamble). What I meant was, to play even with rares, untill you have epic or legendary that suits you better.
    @JayZ I can easily agree with you as well with @TheLostOnes. Retaliate is useful after beeing attacked. On the other hand, strong means, there might be no attackers. If ones can, he/she can pick whichever combination. I would love to have warrior/scout with either combination of those traits. Not mentioning bruiser, cause I have one(with bad traits) and not using her very often.
    TheLostOnes
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Today this young fellow knocked at my gate...am I right that it was a good deal to let him in,
    instead of taking rather 8 Glenn, or 32 Jesus tokens?

TheLostOnes
  • igumziigumzi Member Posts: 7
    I've got a Hunter with Marksman Dodge Lucky and Sure Shot here's to hoping I'm not super disappointed when I turn her into an epic!
  • Magee529Magee529 Member Posts: 81
    @Gladi I have a legendary shooter with all those traits
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    go for
    defense stance
    vigilant
    iron skin
    marksman/strong
    sureshot/powerstrike

lol :lol:
    DangerBNCDawgFan
  • Hyuga_KojiroHyuga_Kojiro Member Posts: 15

Here is best trait for ranged survivor ... i just got him through cost 1 phone call ... i'm so lucky right ?

TheLostOnesMizTyOvidmikel
  • SusanoRaySusanoRay Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the advice everyone! The best I got so far is 4 good traits plus the useless defensive stance...on a Hunter. But still, I look forward to train an entire team of elites with only the best traits!
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    They need to get rid/reduce the frequency of some crappy traits like struggle. Nobody wants these beyond level 10 survivor
    @Sipher07 Isn´t struggle armor trait only? But I can agree about trait amount reduction. For equip as well as for survivors.
    @Magee529 Can I borrow him/her? My best(trait-wise) is epic hunter with marksman, luck, dodge and iron skin. She is pretty good though she have no luck on rifle(as Im pretty unlucky in getting good survivors as well as good equip). But I saw some pics here on forum and also on my guild groupme, where ppl showed great sets of (almost)perfect legendaries. Maybe one day I will have my perfect survivor as well, but it does not come yet ;)
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    @Hyuga_Kojiro

Your survivor is a her, lol. but so ugly might as well be a him
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    edited August 2016
    Defensive stance is great for high level challenges vs raiders. I have a leg assault and leg Hunter with those traits (along with luck, bullet dodge, and iron skin) and it seemed vs Lvl 23 raiders I was taking like 100 damage on a hit. Very helpful in my opinion in that scenario.

With interrupt and Lvl 22 armor it was taking 3 hits just to be bruised. I've become a defensive player watching the videos on those types of challenge missions so most of my attacks vs raiders are overwatch attacks.

When it comes to walkers 1 hit in injured but vs raiders I can take 3 before bruised.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Baggywrinkles
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    edited August 2016
    Got this one today. She's pretty good right? My Daryl is also an Epic, but Yara's got better traits hasn't she?

http://imgur.com/tKvU8pc
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @GreySeer either she has a brand new camoflage trait or uploading the picture didn't work.

I have often had problems with uploading pics here, sometimes the system messes with you.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    @TheLostOnes Noticed that. This is the imgur url: http://imgur.com/tKvU8pc
    TheLostOnes
    @GreySeer you got the jackpot!
    I'm lost.

GreySeer
    So she has all the best offensive traits for a hunter. Keep her in the back a let her dish out death from a distance. If you one day level her up to legendary and you get bullet dodge as the fifth trait she will be perfect.
    I'm lost.

@TheLostOnes Haha Great :) Like OP just getting really into the traits and such. Even though I've been playing since january xD
    TheLostOnes
    @GreySeer I think we all care a lot more about traits after the recent changes with the removal of the survivor level caps and the tokens. It really adds an extra dimension to game tactics!
    I'm lost.

MizTy
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    edited August 2016
    SusanoRay said:

Thanks for the advice everyone! The best I got so far is 4 good traits plus the useless defensive stance...on a Hunter. But still, I look forward to train an entire team of elites with only the best traits!

i wouldn't knock defensive stance. I think you will find it very useful in outpost with your survivor in the 'stationary' position. This fella never leaves my outpost.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    @i812many but defensive stance only works on overwatch, right?

And as far as I understand, your defenders are NOT on overwatch mode when the attackers open the gate (at least, I have never been shot by a defender on overwatch).

So would it ever work in outpost?
    I'm lost.

• i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    'Defensive stance' increases damage resistance, I.E.-enemy attacks.Vigilant is something different altogether. Maybe I'm wrong. NG really needs some better clarification as to how traits work and stack. I'm just assuming, as i have had two enemy attacks on my outpost in the last week where they must have opened gates and challenged my defenders and he was the last man standing before they must have 'completed' outpost raid. Could be another 'visual glitch'
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    @i812many yes, who knows, really. It just says that it increases resistance while on overwatch -- to me it's unclear just how much and when outpost defenders are on overwatch. Would be nice if NG spelled out when and how exactly all the traits works

It WOULD make sense if defensive stance was a good outpost traits since they actually made its icon similar to that of the outpost button on the map screen.
    I'm lost.

i812manyggbats
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @TheLostOnes... The same " icon trait "...

" That " would be asking a lot, from NextGames...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )