Time to throw another punch

Hi guys,
I'd say we're doing "something" right, since there's CEO's announcement that had a different tone than we're used to (they're actually talking about future updates and plans, in contrast to keeping us into the dark: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13834/developer-update#latest )

You could say this is "nice move" by them, but I'd say that this was their response on our "mutiny", and we shouldn't be fooled by it and continue what we were doing so far (I'd say this announcement is a good indicator that we're on the right track).

So, let's see what they threw us this week and let's think about it:

As you're probably familiar, we're invited for a "walker week", and their data analysis came up with 227 million walkers killed - now they want us to do almost double to get.. what exactly?

Three epic survivors (that give 128 tokens, and they're giving us 120) and 40-50 gas (you'd spend on Outpost missions to farm those 5000 TG).
THAT'S ALL?!

And what they want in return?
They want us to spend gold on "reduced fuel refill prices" / gas boosters.

Now, what they're NOT giving us is higher chance for EPIC/LEGENDARY survivors (with this event, you could get those 3 epic survivors with "only" 45 phones).

So, the reward for grinding all day, spending gold and real money is:

45 phones (maybe you could pull this off with 3 x 5 phone calls)
40-50 gas (for 20-25 Outpost missions to farm those 5000 TG).

REALLY NG?
That's ALL you offer??

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

So, guys, let's show some more boots and teeth: IGNORE WALKER EVENT!

DING
NoggerJippelInvaderLightfeethottexasMelaniex

Comments

• Scorpio_CROScorpio_CRO Member Posts: 73
    Carrots after sticks (or should I say mallet).
  • NoggerJippelNoggerJippel Member Posts: 26
    hmmm, no! l like the event and don't think you are right.
    Lightfeet[Deleted User]
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Neil_J said:

I disagree. Nobody's forcing you to spend anything you don't want to.

I disagree with your disagreement.

In fact they force us...but in a psychological way, because everybody wants to help to reach the goal of 400 million dead walkers.

It´s all nothing more then a really bad joke...
    Melaniex
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Invader said:

In fact they force us...but in a psychological way, because everybody wants to help to reach the goal of 400 million dead walkers.

Of course because it's a "carefully-engineered coercion plan" according to the job posting.

Truth is, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Play or don't play. Pay or don't pay. It's an individual choice. This is the sandbox. If we don't like the rules to their sandbox, we don't have to play in it.

Kudos to the Guild Council for stepping up and having the conversation. It will be interesting to see what the results are. I do believe that NG wants to listen to them. I do not believe that they are going to change their basic business model.

From what I see, a key factor in the coercion plan is waste, or to be more precise, the wish to avoid waste.. They provide lots of reasons to pick up the game so we don't "waste" resources. It would be a waste not to tap all of those additional walkers at the wall, or do not use that tank of gas, or to not maximize a double supplies weekend.

My suggestion: Forget about wasting resources here. They aren't real. Go recycle a real world bottle or talk to your supermarket supplier about donating imperfect product to a food bank or find a way to reduce the amount of gas you use or go plant a tree. There are many possibilities.

InspTurbinesi812many
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Dale said:

My suggestion: Forget about wasting resources here. They aren't real. Go recycle a real world bottle or talk to your supermarket supplier about donating imperfect product to a food bank or find a way to reduce the amount of gas you use or go plant a tree. There are many possibilities.

Well...I do all of this in the real world :wink:
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Please keep discussion about the Developer Update is the designated thread. Thanks.
    Amiga
This discussion has been closed.