Am I saving for no reason?

Hi Folks, Long time lurker just coming in to ask a quick question.

I took this pic last week and I now have 712 phones. When the Hunter offer came I didn't want any part of it. I saw through the tokens with the help of reading here and hearing it was bugged anyway and would be improved so I didn't spend any phones. I tend to save for these Epic and Legendary events. Are they gone now or do you think we'll have more in future? At the moment it just seems as if I'm collecting pixelated numbers I'm getting nothing from and these minimal mock phone events won't get my numbers down I'm afraid.
MizTy

Comments

• ClosureTWDUKCarlClosureTWDUKCarl Member Posts: 4
    Pig said:

Here's my current thinking and the process that led me to it.

Thank you. I shall keep going on that advice. I'm not particularly interested in upgrading an epic to a legendary. I think it would be a better idea to invest those tokens into survivors that are already legendary. Not sure if everyone agrees? From what I have read an upgraded epic is not on a par with a legendary.

I haven't been overly lucky on the increased chance events but at the very least I figure I have a lot of tokens ahead of me in credit even if I don't get the people i'd ideally like to have.

MissSFX
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    I had 750 radios saved up ever since the last event for increased chance of epic/legendary survivors but recently used up all of them. Made 50 x 15 radio-call options but only pulled 2 legendary survivors (1 warrior and 1 shooter) along with many other epic survivors.

I was really happy with the result as I was able to fully upgrade the traits of 1 legendary assault (1,250 tokens) and 1 legendary hunter (1,250 tokens), as well as fully upgrade and promote an epic warrior to a legendary one (610 tokens). Also managed to upgrade 2 of the Level 4 traits after promoting her to legendary (500 tokens).

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    ClosureTWDUKCarlSlowMo
  • ClosureTWDUKCarlClosureTWDUKCarl Member Posts: 4

I was really happy with the result as I was able to fully upgrade the traits of 1 legendary assault (1,250 tokens) and 1 legendary hunter (1,250 tokens), as well as fully upgrade and promote an epic warrior to a legendary one (610 tokens). Also managed to upgrade 2 of the Level 4 traits after promoting her to legendary (500 tokens).

That's pretty amazing. I seem to be able to pull legendaries of everyone except for Assault and Hunter but I guess that's the luck of the draw. I think after the event if I don't have those types I will simply save the tokens until such a time as I do.
    gabriel_lwh
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited August 2016
    @shadowkeeper said it wasn't in the roster for Events coming up but doesn't mean there is never going to be another

We haven't had one since May....

Do I think we will have another? Yes.
    When? Only time will tell :blush:

I'm still saving mine but I also make calls here & there
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Brunosan
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I will be surprised if there is another one. Why would there be?
    Brunosan
    I hear you @Dale & agree to a point
    Even if they don't do the Epic/Legendary Event.. I do believe there will be other "Special" Radio Events in future with the new Radio/Token System & that's why I am saving them

Rhonda
    Amely
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 406
    I haven't been using any phones since the previous Epic/Legendary Event where I learnt that odds to win in lottery had been reduced so greatly that after spending 500+ phones in sets of 15, I got just one (or two?) legendary survivors. I did get a few epic survivors which I traded for tokens to update some of my legendary survivors but comparing to previous Events, it was waste of phones. I'm just glad I didn't spent any money in those phones. Maybe I try again during next Epic/Legendary Event - if there ever will be one again - that odds have been reduced even further but until then I will be collecting them in a huge pile in the upper left corner of my camp...
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    rgerkman said:

I hear you @Dale & agree to a point

Even if they don't do the Epic/Legendary Event.. I do believe there will be other "Special" Radio Events in future with the new Radio/Token System & that's why I am saving them

Understandable. I have used the few I had, mostly in irregular spurts. 15 here, 5 there, depending on whim, really. So far I've stumbled into Glenn and Abraham who have been coming in handy. Mostly nowhere on the rest of them.

Anyway, my point is, it is possible that you could get something that you could be using now instead of hording them for something that might never arrive.

rgerkman
    edited August 2016
    Very true @Dale !!!
    I too have Abraham & Glenn (& Darryl course) & I Love their Trait!! They come in really handy! My Favs so far!!

Rhonda
  • AmelyAmely Member Posts: 24
    I agree that at some point there is likely to be some sort of decent use of radios. If the coming changes (whenever they occur) are as good as they sound they may come in more useful then. I see the argument that you could have something useful now, however i regret spending all my stash lately and am now saving again
    rgerkman