Gathering Supplies order of crates

A question for challenges & missions about gathering supplies and there are empty chests.
When you start the challenge, are the chests predetermined which ones contain goods
Or
Is it the order that you open the chests?

Note: I know that the chests change each time you do the challenge, but I have just wondered what determines which chests have the goods.

Answers

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited June 2016
    I believe I saw somewhere that it's prederermined.

It doesn't matter what chest you choose the first chest you press would give you the same reward regardless of which chest you pressed. If you're destined to get 3 gold as the first chest you press it matters not which chest you choose; the reward behind it would be the same.

Of course this can't be proven but I don't think there's individual prized behind each ones.

First chest gets xp
    Second chest gets supplies
    Third chest gets armor.

Weather you press the top right or bottom middle first; your going to get whatever the first press gives.

Hope this helps.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @DLich I believe @blynknz is referencing in mission crates that you search to complete the mission.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

blynknzSlickRickDLich
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @lmfgunnut, yes that is correct. The crates in the mission.
    I know that the crate rewards are predetermined.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited June 2016
    You ever had a disconnect just after you've opened the crates?
    I have, and when reloaded, I've had to open them again. I opened 3 different ones and got exactly the same rewards as previously - and I'm not the only person to have reported this occurrence......
    So, yes, your reward is predetermined.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    OneLessTitani812many
  • CarloStatenCarloStaten Member Posts: 26
    Also, in games similar to this where you open "crates" after a mission your rewards are predetermined when you start the mission.
    @lmfgunnut & @blynknz I have never considered the order in which you open the crates to have any bearing on the goods themselves. I have tried doing research to determine what makes Silver and Gold tickets appear after a mission.

I have tried -

Having my survivors line up the same way at the end of the mission as they did to start off the mission
    Having my survivors line up in the opposite way at the end of the mission as they did to start off the mission
    I have logged if every walker was killed in the first shot
    I have tried all female survivors, all male survivors, all same type of survivor, all different type of survivor
    I have tried bringing along one low level survivor in exploration
    I have tried to complete the mission in less turns than required (before walker respawn)
    I have tried killing every walker on screen before ending the mission
    I have tried leaving 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 walkers on screen before ending the mission

And in every instance the chests spawn completely randomly. I have not noticed any type of pattern regarding a way to get "more tickets"

*I should notate that all of my trials were done on Exploration missions of Supplies. I did not keep logs of this type of data since to me anytime there is 3+ tickets (one of which is gold) it's a successful *attempt*

If anyone has any type of tricks to get silver & gold tickets at the end of the missions please share :)

• LonesLones Member Posts: 112
    edited June 2016
    From what I have experienced this far is when I have use all of the watch movies option to open more crates and then play another mission, upon opening the crates there will be more golden or silver tickets. But because you can only open 3 crates, so it looks like the game 'want/encourage' us to use gold to open more crates.

I once tried my luck and use 50 golds to open 6 more crates and only got Rare gears. Bad luck I guess..
  • LonesLones Member Posts: 112
    edited June 2016
    @Neil_J
    Yes I once have the same experience like it too..
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Yowza @DLich! That is some serious experimentation. You deserve a bonus gold crate for all that work! :)
    i812many1Riskeparks71
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    @DLich -- I'm not sure if actually did those experiments or whether you are just joking....but I'm pretty sure the rewards are determined when you launch the mission, so any attempts at manipulation during the mission are futile.
    DLich
    I didn't keep a physical chart of the information, but I have tried those sequences at different times and noticed tickets are random.

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @DLich
    You didn't try doing the mission with the screen upside-down
    ;)
    DLichLadyAquilai812many1Ris
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 666
    DLich said:

@lmfgunnut & @blynknz I have never considered the order in which you open the crates to have any bearing on the goods themselves. I have tried doing research to determine what makes Silver and Gold tickets appear after a mission.

I have tried -

Having my survivors line up the same way at the end of the mission as they did to start off the mission
    Having my survivors line up in the opposite way at the end of the mission as they did to start off the mission
    I have logged if every walker was killed in the first shot
    I have tried all female survivors, all male survivors, all same type of survivor, all different type of survivor
    I have tried bringing along one low level survivor in exploration
    I have tried to complete the mission in less turns than required (before walker respawn)
    I have tried killing every walker on screen before ending the mission
    I have tried leaving 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 walkers on screen before ending the mission

And in every instance the chests spawn completely randomly. I have not noticed any type of pattern regarding a way to get "more tickets"

*I should notate that all of my trials were done on Exploration missions of Supplies. I did not keep logs of this type of data since to me anytime there is 3+ tickets (one of which is gold) it's a successful *attempt*

If anyone has any type of tricks to get silver & gold tickets at the end of the missions please share :)

I don't have any data to support this, but I have noticed that when I get less than three stars on a challenge mission that has a recommended level higher than my survivors, I get a gold ticket chance more often. It's almost as if they are trying to make amends for your injured survivor.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

MizTy
    @brentp17 I've never tried data collecting on a challenge. Typically up until 200 stars the pulls are unusable. I have Lvl 17 survivors and don't need Lvl 13 gear so I never even bothered to check.

But I do get tons of radios in challenges. Never paid attention if they were from gold or silver tickets. Maybe I'll start next week (for radios at least)

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I don't think @DLich was joking. I'm pretty sure, even though I thought it was obvious, a dev has stated in the past that it was only the RNG determining tickets in these crates.

But I'd like to point out (FYI this is a different topic) that I get WAY more tickets doing Challenge missions than I do from Exploration missions.

* I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    edited June 2016
    @theRealBender regarding trying different types of survivors snd kills and "finishing position" I have absolutely tried all those I mentioned above. None of which showed an increase in the quantity of tickets.

I do believe the game gives an absorbadent amount of tickets in challenges for reasons I'm not sure of (maybe to entice people to play then knowing most players aren't able to use the equipment drops and the supplies/XP drops are minimal in comparison to the exploration missions)

Radios do seem to come in abundance. Gold drops are somewhat decent also. But less than 200 stars that's pretty much the only thing usable in challenge missions.

Injury or not; tickets in challenges are aplenty. Even when on unlimited gas (see my thread regarding exploration missions in comparison)

• Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 666
    DLich said:

@brentp17 I've never tried data collecting on a challenge. Typically up until 200 stars the pulls are unusable. I have Lvl 17 survivors and don't need Lvl 13 gear so I never even bothered to check.

But I do get tons of radios in challenges. Never paid attention if they were from gold or silver tickets. Maybe I'll start next week (for radios at least)

I'm talking about using level 17 survivors to beat, say, a level 20 challenge mission. When one or more of my survivors get injured, I seem to be rewarded with a gold ticket chance more often.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

DLich
    Up until last week I never attempted to get above 170 on my old guild (600 max guild ranking total non competitive guild) but so far I have 283 and I think that's where im gonna top off. Getting slaughtered with Lvl 21 req levels.

If I could at least get 1 star I could determine if I have your kind of luck @brentp17 but the challenge Gods have spoken to me and hsve said "NO MORE DLICH"

SlickRickFester17i812many1Ris
    Neil_J said:

You ever had a disconnect just after you've opened the crates?
    I have, and when reloaded, I've had to open them again. I opened 3 different ones and got exactly the same rewards as previously - and I'm not the only person to have reported this occurrence......
    So, yes, your reward is predetermined.

Dude, the 2 posts before your post clarified that I wasn't talking about the reward crates, I was talking about them missions/challenges when you have to open crates.

And now after @DLich post, everything is about the Rewards :(
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited June 2016
    @blynknz I remember someone saying there was a trick to opening the boxes in the challenge maps or guess you could say not opening all crates to activate the exit or at least the one in that challenge but I never found out how I think his name was @hittyouoff
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @blynknz Crossed wire somewhere perhaps, but I was referring to the mission/challenge crates too.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    @Neil_J. Ok. But when you talk about open 3 crates then opening 3 different crates, and mention rewards. It really sounds like you are talking about the rewards you get one you complete the mission.

I've just never notice anyone mention the supplies order before.
  • AchillasAchillas Member Posts: 66
    Most missions the chests are predetermined.
    So you maybe lucky to finish in just 3 chests finding all supplies.
    BUT there are some campaign missions that it is always the last chest, such as find the key in the dead corpse.