Why not keeping extra gas while gas booster?

Please, @Teeceezy , explain to us the following issue:
during the 24 hrs gas booster period we find lots of gas in the crates or at the fence. But after the 24hrs they are not added to the max amount of our mission car.
Imho they should be added like they are when we play without the gas booster, shouldn't they?
Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
Member & founder of #nocarlclub
Playin' since 15.01.2016

Mark1RisAmelyKARAZIPKALIMissSFXGeneral_PainNataNxyharudsgnMystique[Deleted User]InspTurbinesDLichT_12

Best Answers

Answers

• BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 849
    I have to say, as frustrating as is it to open a create with gas while on the booster, I understand the reason to not stack it. In theory, if you pounded missions, you could gain upwards of 30-40 gas, maybe more. That could mean almost another 1/4 day of free gas, depending upon your level. When I purchase it, I tell myself it is the price I pay for purchasing the booster. It sucks, but it is what it is.
    KARAZIPKALIT_12
    @Mark I 100% agree on disabling gas creates while on gas booster. Is it lazy coding? I am not sure. It's not right, but like I said, I understand why it doesn't stack.
    AmelyMark
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    First of all, glad that I'm not the only one wondering.
    It doesn't make a real sense that supplies, phones and xp are added but not gas.

@Mark : Did you receive any reply?
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

@gespuer Actually, if you are at your limit on XP or supplies, any additional gained are wasted. Stacking of gas was just recently updated (1.9 or 1.10).
    @BttlOpener : you made a good point. But meanwhile found gas IS added to the max amount of your mission car.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

No, I know. That came from people going to the cinema and gaining gas while their tank was full, as well as the herd event. This had to have been update 1.9, because 1.10 allowed players the option to purchase the gas booster. I imagine NG didn't think of players gaining gas while the booster was active.
    Hope to receive any statement on this by NG, @Teeceezy , thanks in advance.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• 1Ris1Ris Member Posts: 189
    I haven't bought a gas booster for a while, but as @BttlOpener stated, when I have purchased one I consider it a lost when I get gas cans from crates. But what I have noticed is that I get more gas cans when I'm on the booster than not... So that gets me just a tad bit upset
    MissSFX
    @1Ris While I did notice that, you also have to realize that all those additional missions you do mean you will see x amount of additional creates with gas. It is kinda like purchasing a car, and then seeing that same car driven by others.
    blynknz
    @BttlOpener seeing it in that perspective it makes sense .... That tad bit of being upset has dissipated o:)
    edited August 2016
    @1Ris I don't want it to be dissipated! :p It will always bug the hell out of me. It does need to be fixed. But, the amount of resources you gain (minus additional gas) outweighs the loss.
    @BttlOpener lol agree! One can't help cringe at the site of a crate with 6 gas cans while on the booster :s
    But seeing the glass half full vs half empty does help ease the frustration ;)
    BttlOpener
    So, do I get it right folks? You're ok with that, at the end of the day?
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

edited August 2016
    Did you read my last post? It needs to be fixed, but at the same time, it isn't the worse thing in the game. How many radios have you gained since 1.10 dropped? That's a huge issue. The gating of tokens behind radios are an even bigger issue. The major issue is the amount of tokens needed to upgrade traits. Wasting 3000 trade goods on 5 radios, really? NG has really pushed the game to be pay-to-play. Honestly, gas not stacking on a booster is on the lower end of the totem pole. If the major issues in the game are addressed, I can live with a bit of spilled gas, especially if I chose to purchase that option.
    1RisMizTy
    There are more than enough threads about the other issues (token. radios,...)
    This thread was meant to bring it on the table and find out (for myself) if it was already discussed while I didn't find a corresponding one.

So let's wait for a reply by NG. ;)
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

MizTyMissSFX
    Beat me to it @BttlOpener .

There are other issues that certainly get me more frustrated; I know that when I purchase a gas booster this is something I'd have to deal with..so I choose to deal with it until (or IF) there is a fix .. For the present time I have opted not to purchase it at all!
    @gespuer I understand that, and I hope I didn't come off as a jerk. I do hope we hear an answer on this issue.
    MizTy1Ris
    @BttlOpener absolutely agree! :)
    Meanwhile I joined the the "closed-wallet-company" (not only for this reason) .
    Let's be patient.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

1RisBttlOpenerMissSFX
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    I asked NG about this issue maybe 2 months ago...seemed unfair that the rewards I had EARNED were not stacked while I was on a boost that I had paid for...unless it's a glitch though, I think they fixed that...I came off a gas boost tonight after lamenting lost gas rewards all day, to find I had 52 gas :)

Please please please don't be a glitch

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    1Ris
    @tammy oh wow! I hope it's not a glitch.. If it was they're jumping to fix it right now ha!

Maybe, simply luck was on your side ;)
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 658
    I think everyone has a point with this as the gas booster doesnt give unlimited gas ie making it infinite plus 1 from crates but rather makes the mission cost zero. You therefore only ever have your usual max fuel but it's costing you nothing to go anywhere so bonus gas for your tank should be awarded.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    @1Ris

I'll soon find out...my alt comes off boost in about 1 hour :smile:

Xoxo
    Lol yup @DIblis

I earned my rewards!!! I have eleventy million bruiser clubs stacked...why not my gas?

I will be so happy if NG has seen fit to allow us to keep ALL our hard fought for rewards :)

Xoxo
    Dear @Teeceezy , would you please answer this question?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• SistersOfDaryl_GagaSistersOfDaryl_Gaga Member Posts: 164
    Simple: no gas rewards when booster is active. Easy peasy to code. And therefore so easy to make many people happy.
    Gaga
    __
    If you want to join us on Oktober 8th or later, contact me. -- Line: sister.gaga --
    MizTyJulialiciousLoewe1968rgerkman
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    We actually still do accumulate gas while on booster, and if booster runs out while we still have above storage-limit, we get to keep the additional (that is why @tammy came off booster with extra gas still). The only catch is that while on booster, the game is still using up the excess gas in the calculations. And since we are able to farm more on booster, usually the excess is already used up by the time booster runs out.

So there is still an inherent problem that exists, but technically we can acquire extra gas while on boosters, but will only see it if we stop before excess used up, which kind of defeats purpose of booster in first place. Don't know why NextGames doesn't just re-code it ever so slightly to resolve this
    tammy
    Hello @Teeceezy,
    still waiting for your reply, pleeeeaaaassse......
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @Movado that's why ng turned off the gas boost for the 1 min refill you would have built up alot of gas . I bet Tammy was doing the cheap challenge missions when she built her gas up like that
    Morning @Teeceezy
    is there any chance to receive an answer of this question sooner or later? B) :*
    Playin' since 15.01.2016