What's going wrong here: Side mission equipment mission: only supplies and xp?!

While my supplies stores are running over and there are no fields to farm, I play side missions for the walker event.
I noticed a lot of times that in the crates of the equipment mission are supplies and xp, but no weapons or armors.
Is it another virtual glitch ?
Please @Teeceezy help me out
AmelyrgerkmanInvader

Comments

• AmelyAmely Member Posts: 24
    Yes i find the same
    Invader
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    I would love it if they have removed armor and weapons from the XP exploration missions. About 99.995% of then gear is auto-junk anyway (and at a lower XP scrap-price than what you would get for a regular XP crate).

That one time you get a legendary weapon/armor that has an appropriate level, chances are it won't have the traits you want anyway.

So I use my TG to get weapons/armor and just look for XP (and phones!) in the exploration missions.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    TheMurphygabriel_lwh[Deleted User]
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    The irony is, I've had better luck finding decent gears from playing supplies exploration missions than those now non-deadly exploration missions :lol:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    1Risgespuerggbatsi812many
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    I've been finding plenty of common gear several levels below my survivors. Like I needed multiple reasons to scrap them...oy. "You can level them up!" No, they suck and drop far too often. Like they say in drought areas, "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down."
    MizTy
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Yup.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    [Deleted User]
  • la_ll64la_ll64 Member Posts: 61
    Yes
    [Deleted User]
  • daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    I only do xp side missions these days. XP is always in demand. You can't save more than 2.5m and the gear upgrades to 21 and 22 are crazy expensive.

My farms are maxed out and once I finish upgrading buildings tomatoes will be worthless.

Theoretically there is an increased chance of radios and gold from the "gear" missions, but I find myself getting just as many quality gear drops (rare still) from xp and supplies missions.
    Amely
    1,2 and 3 star gear are quite common in exploration missions as are radios and gas cans, but why do we still get rare gear from gold tickets???
    Legendary and Epic gear are as rare as rocking horse sh1t on exploration missions and as @Capleton says, even rarer since they started to be sold in bundles imho.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    MizTyrgerkmanInvaderGreenBalloon
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    edited August 2016
    Thank goodness the gear they are selling is so overpriced & underpowered! Otherwise the money I'm withholding from NG might have talked me into an IAP. Alas, NG is making it really easy on me to keep my wallet closed

The equip situation in NML is sadly depressing, frustrating & dispiriting.
    @Neil_J Rocking horse shit is a hilarious analogy
    GreenBalloonOvidmikel
    @MizTy
    Thanks. It was either that or hen's teeth!
    Both are an appropriate analogy.
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    It's one of their "greater chances" that seem to have actually fewer chances. I get crap on these missions but just pulled a level 19 legendary warrior armour while farming tomatoes! Remember, it's about coercion.
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    I wouldnt waste your time with the Equpiment missions, since the introduction of the trade shop they received a nerf in epic and legandary drop rates and then when deadly was removed they nerfed it again.

They are reworking the explore mission in the next big update they said so lets watch this space and lets hope they dont F it up
    GreenBalloonMizTyInvaderAngieMatheson
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    I can deal with and understand getting crap gear on the side missions if we got exactly what we wanted Everytime it would take the excitement out of getting good gear . Imo anything bought with real money shouldn't have a lvl cap at the very least .15$ on weapons are armour that's obsolete with the next update is ridiculos tho.really that's alot of money not to be able to use it to endgame or at least have a 99 cent bundle to allow it to be upgraded . But then again 200 phones costing 50$ for a slim chance of good survivors is even worse . NG ain't holding one of those overpriced weapons to our head forcing us too purchase a thing it's our choice
  • DrBOBDrBOB Member Posts: 223
    Poppy said:

I wouldnt waste your time with the Equpiment missions, since the introduction of the trade shop they received a nerf in epic and legandary drop rates and then when deadly was removed they nerfed it again.

They are reworking the explore mission in the next big update they said so lets watch this space and lets hope they dont F it up

Very well said poppy let's hope the explore missions bring back some sort deadly element or something to get us excited but I'm not holding my breath.
    DTP Elder
    Send me a PM if interested
  • @Capleton
    Capleton said:

Anyone notices a correlation between the decrease of legendary/epic items and the start of selling gear bundles? ;)

I warned everyone this would happen. And YES I have definitely noticed this as well.
    Invader
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    Capleton said:

Anyone notices a correlation between the decrease of legendary/epic items and the start of selling gear bundles? ;)

That's the way they work. Whenever I see a bundle hit the store, I know that we're screwed in-game. They're shady as hell. Anyone actually buying a weapon bundle, I feel sorry for. They're just going to nerf it.