Regarding the luck trait

javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553
Reposting here, because I realized it wasn't quite on topic for the other thread.

Dear Next Games,
You created a game that many, many people liked enough to spend real money on. You must know that when you offer a weapons bundle, we decide whether or not to purchase them based in their traits. You must also be aware that we choose survivors based on traits.

For the most part, your consumers aren't stupid. We've done the math (literally); discussed the "perfect" combination of traits ad nauseum here and with our guild mates; invested hundreds of millions in supplies to upgrade buildings so we could spend hundreds of millions in XP to maximize those weapons and survivors; and in some cases, spent real money on weapons, gold, and XP boosters to build our ideal teams. For those of us who have been playing since release, we've spent nearly a year perfecting our strategy, survivors, and weapons.

I know this change may only significantly impact high-level and other long-time players. As the game evolves, I think we have all expected to and enjoyed changing our strategies. It keeps the game fresh. But you're planning to make meaningless our countless hours of playing, collecting XP, and upgrading our shiny favorite weapons and tired survivors. Note that we are still playing. We've shown you loyalty and didn't storm out in a huff over other changes that irritated us. Don't we deserve some loyalty in return? Please stop disregarding your long-time player base!

It feels like you're openly mocking those of us who gave you our hard-earned money for those perfect weapons bundles. And really, who likes to be publicly mocked?!

For the love of all that is holy, please reconsider. And please stop changing the very aspects of the game that keep us playing.

Please?!
DTP leader
Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
AmazaynShut_Upcsmith5390JesterRadicsdocfinzenburgLambariMrSorrowskipwood71NCDawgFanTerminatesBadLuckChuckradi8TheLostOnesJulialicious[Deleted User]HamphilInspTurbinesPR0DJvicky3434Bonz

Comments

• TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Feel free to join the no-spend movement. It's liberating and a lot cheaper. I bought a few items/bundles and now am done with it. After the Post Purchase Pistol Nerf debacle....I'm officially done spending money.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13460/no-purchase-solidarity-feel-free-to-join#latest
    javajnkieMrSorrowInspTurbines
    Is there an official post about nerfing luck?
  • csmith5390csmith5390 Member Posts: 170
    I would get those refunds back now if I were you @TheLostOnes
    Join TWD - Team Up
    Wow. Just Wow.
  • skipwood71skipwood71 Member Posts: 34
    Great post Java. And you're 100% correct
    javajnkie
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 942
    I <3 you

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    radi8
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @poppy you are 100% right the f%$&#ing bullet dodge that is unrealistic is the problem period the game was fine as it was imo do awY with all their new traits back to the basic they had im the beginning wtf ruining a once awsome game.
    TheLostOnesMrSorrowConan1976radi8
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    Yeah bullet dodge is what caused the imbalance in outposts. Nerfing luck is taking thousands of steps backwards instead of forward. What happen to the discussions with the guild councils? Why was this not mentioned in the developer's update?

Have NG been trying to fool us the whole time by baiting us in and switching it up?
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553
    edited August 2016
    Thanks @Skip . It's a frustrating announcement, and although I don't often complain here about changes to the game, I really felt the need to chime in on this one!

I totally agree that bullet dodge is the problem they're trying to correct by nerfing luck. How they think this is a good idea boggles the mind. I see only two positive aspects if the change is implemented:

1. It will create jobs. Google and Apple will need to hire a ton of additional staff to process the refunds!
    2. People will get more exercise when they finally give in, uninstall NML, and see what all the Pokemon Go fuss is about.

@Terminates hey cool! Because I <3 you too!
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
    radi8Terminatesvicky3434
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553
    edited August 2016
    As an aside, it kind of feels like we're part of some grand social experiment (yes, I read their job ad). I mean, they've asked us on FB to post our favorite survivors and weapons , so we know they're aware. They've read our discussions here about loving the luck traits, and they've watched us tutor new people on how they stack and how to optimize it. They created the content creator badge to see it in action and have compiled all that data on exactly how we use the traits. Now they plan to use the information we've provided them—not to improve our game experience but to hinder us—and they'll sit back and watch how we respond.
    Should we be watching in psych journals or comferences to see the data and subsequent academic paper they'll write about our response?
    DTP leader
    TheLostOnesTerminates
    javajnkie said:

Should we be watching in psych journals or comferences to see the data and subsequent academic paper they'll write about our response?

I prefer to wait to read the write up in Business Insider "How Indie Games Maker NG Hosed Their Customers Then Folded". It'll be a satisfying read.

javajnkieInspTurbinesBonz
    edited August 2016
    NCDawgFan said:

@TroubleMan, how about this headline, "NG nurfs luck, dumbest business decision since New Coke."

Very nice. I prefer to think of NG as the "Clear Pepsi" of 2016.
    antNCDawgFan