PSA: NG is planning on nerfing Luck

Comments

• AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    The same boycott was when hunter has been nerfed. You guys react too serious. Why to not try new changes...
    Fester17radi8OvidmikelTroubleManNCDawgFanblynknzInspTurbinesPapacasJadenTJS
  • radi8radi8 Member Posts: 45
    Amiga said:

The same boycott was when hunter has been nerfed. You guys react too serious. Why to not try new changes...

You are obviously NOT a serious player in this game.
    Fester17Ovidmikel
    edited August 2016
    Maybe I don't treat those games too serious. I seen enough in my life to know that every online game receiving balance changes often whatever you like or not. That the way it is deal with it or go further.
    Looks like nobody here plays similar game on PC or any other platforms.
    Diablo 3 every few month receive updates changing sets drastically .
    OvidmikelTJS
    edited August 2016
    Amiga said:

Maybe I don't treat those games too serious. I seen enough in my life to know that every online game receiving balance changes often whatever you like or not. That the way it is deal with it or go further.

You are massively in the minority here. No one cares that you are OK with these changes.

(Teeceezy Edit: Rule #1.)
    Ovidmikel[Deleted User]NCDawgFanAnnette578
    Yeah. Put your tears here. I don't mind. Good luck.
    edited August 2016
    @TheLostOnes
    Why to not try something different? Isn't boring for you to play focused on dodging?
    For me isn't play....I prefer to kill instead of avoiding. Ok it's my POV and you have right for different
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Don't feed the trolls.
    [Deleted User]Annette578
    @Shut_Up
    Agree. Don't feed the trolls. Nasty trolls...
    OvidmikelBadLuckChuckTJS
    @Amiga you just don't get it bro. The people who are most upset are those HIGH level players that have based their game play on the challenges. Specifically, maximizing their star counts to a level you probably would think impossible due to your POV.

I know people who score well over 1000 stars in a challenge! Do you? Do you even get 1/3 of that? The reason they do so well is because they have invested in understanding, building classes on specific traits, and dissecting this game to a level you are probably incapable, or unaware, of.

Stop your useless ZEN like trance. you are ONLY hurting the high end guys
    TheLostOnesAmigaSlowMoAnnette578
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @TheLostOnes

Spot on. I got the exact same problem. Months of grinding for XP for lvl 22 gear wit luck and dodge. All this work might have been for nothing. Very dissapointing, and many of the gear might have 2 in stead of 3 usefull traits.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    TheLostOnesJulialiciousInspTurbinesAnnette578
    Ok guys carry on your discussion. Don't tag me anymore here ok? I'm going further.
    radi8
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    This nerf will really suck and we as the players need to keep voicing our concerns over it before they actually implement it..
    InspTurbinesAnnette578
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    We respect the way you feel. It does pain us to have to do this, but it's for the good of the game.

Please bear me out for a second. This has nothing to do with greed - our accounting would love us if we just sold you gear after gear with gold Luck on it, with ever increasing price tags. We're not doing that, though. On the contrary, we've stopped selling gear with Luck until we figure out the right way to go about this.

If anything, this is an attempt to make the game more fun. I'm aware that putting together a highly effective build is fun and rewarding, and that's what many of us, myself included, have been doing. That is indeed the very goal of the character and gear systems. However, currently Luck + Luck + Dodge + Bullet Dodge is the only game in town. That's not very interesting.
    AmigaMizTy[Deleted User]InspTurbinesAnnette578Avalon8Jaden
  • JesterRadicsJesterRadics Member Posts: 20
    @OldGoth I wonder how much pain it's gonna be for ng to see all the refund requests
    Top8dogAvalon8JadenPR0DJ
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    so what now? will there be a better outcome doing this @OldGoth or things will remain the same while you nerfed the trait luck.
    Annette578
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 861
    This attempt to help the Outpost situation is flawed and misleading. This forthcoming nerf seems intended to promote more hospitalization from Outpost, thereby more gold expenditures. That's the way I see it.

All those who had complained about dodge/bullet, now your own raiders won't have the stack benefit either. And your defenders less effective too. Domino effect. Bad move messing up Luck of which we had dedicated time and effort into.
    InspTurbinesAnnette578Rick_ZK
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    NG Strikes again WTG guys.
    AetherholeInspTurbines[Deleted User]Annette578
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Top8dog said:

So basically now the whole community has spent a fortune maxing the best traits, you want to make another trait the best, so we all spend our money maxing those traits, and for what, so you can change the best trait again when you see another dip in sales,... You need a way better excuse/reason to convince me this isn't what your doing

Join on in the 'no spend' faction. It's easy to do and a lot less expensive. Sure wish I had seen the light earlier, but I'm happier now for sure.

DaleAnnette578Rick_ZKJaden