Assault nerd?

Comments

• Perdtin said:

DarkFae said:

they were nerfing the assaults to do less damage per shot and have a slightly more narrow cone of fire when they nerfed the warriors and the hunters.

@DarkFae Ah, I missed that note. Right around the time the hunters lost a grid cell? For some reason I thought they also said something about assaults being improved a bit on that upgrade in terms of dispersion of damage. Probably means less damage, but more consistent in the cone than before. And now thinking about it, seems to be something vaguely familiar about a discussion at the time. Oh well. Definitely saw a steep drop off. Never kept stats, but just more "Ah c'mon, a bunch still standing?" thought over and over in a row :)
    I wish it had happen that way but nope they nerfed the assaults and their weapons at the same time. The warrior arc was reduced also so the assault weapons weren't the only ones that got hit in that update.
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    I am used to same level or above not always going down in one shot. But my lvl 15 and 16 (with lvl 16 and 17 epic weapons) were leaving lvl 12s standing. One guild member with leg 19 assault and 22 gear left a lvl 11 standing. That's a drastic difference to usual. Haven't tested today as am too high in challenge to use assaults.

@MizTy re traits. lvl 17 weapon silver spread, silver critical chance and gold luck. Lvl 16 weapon silver luck, silver lethal and gold spread. Lvl 16 epic survivor has luck and marksmen, lvl 15 rare has luck
    rgerkmanggbats
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @DarkFae
    But didn't they also introduce gold wide bore & gold wide arc at that time? Or was it just that I found weapons with those traits shortly thereafter?
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @DarkFae .. Yea me too!!
    I forgot to mention.. My Assaults are Lvl 18.. So that's why I don't quite understand why I all of a sudden (since yesterday) can't kill a Lvl 15 Walker

@MizTy .. Give me a quick sec to double check lol
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • @MizTy said:

@DarkFae

But didn't they also introduce gold wide bore & gold wide arc at that time? Or was it just that I found weapons with those traits shortly thereafter?

Gold/Wide bore had been introduced into the game long before that nerfing because I already had weapons with those traits equipt at the time of the nerfing. As a matter of fact I'm still using the same weapons because why upgrade weapons when they are in the middle of forcing another round of nerfing on us?
    MizTyrgerkman
    @MizTy
    Here's my two favorites right now
    (My third is usually Glenn or a Lvl 18 Leg Shooter)

Rhonda
    I really do want to know if it's even possible to nerf stuff without an update. I mean, NG certainly doesn't have "attribute dials" where they can strengthen or weaken stuff on the fly. Don't these kinds of changes have to be done in an update? Or is it just RNG? I've read abt RNG on the forums but admit that I don't understand it, or how it can happen in large patches.

Thx @DarkFae I did not know that.
    rgerkman[Deleted User]
    I guess I was just thinking that maybe ppl who had weapons totally influenced by luck or weapons not influenced by luck were the people who noticed a dramatic difference in assault power yesterday/this wk. ...
    @DarkFae did the description change on gold/silver bore/arc as well & I didn't notice that either?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited August 2016
    @MizTy

I honestly didn't go back and check the descriptions. I just took my assaults out for a spin afterwards to see how bad it was. To answer your other question yes ngo can change things without pushing out a major update. They did it with the bruiser stun trait and weapons a long while back. They changed the attribute but not the weapon description because some people claimed they had a 3 turn stun and others claimed they were making it up but I remember seeing it listed on some of my bruiser weapons. This all happened before the 1st bruiser nerfing and something similar occurred shortly after outposts were released. The better question you had is whether or not that breaches some sort of agreement that ngo has with google/apple.

Edit:

Also I remember @eetu taking those horribly ugly green sound wave circles out of the game without a major update. If you missed those then consider yourself very, very lucky. It was like watching shiny pea green puke circles spew out from the middle of screen and quickly ripple out past the edges every time your hunters took a shot. I thought I was going to have a seizure trying to play in FF mode. Seriously, I'm not epileptic but was truly worried about myself and others who played NML at the time.
    rgerkmanMizTy
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    DarkFae said:

Interesting that, that seems to be around the same time ngo dropped the pack with the assault rifle/assault gear and gold (was it? I can't remeber) back into the in-game store.

Please...NO CONSPIRACIES >:)
    rgerkman[Deleted User]
    @DarkFae
    Lol. Yes indeed I missed the shiny pea green puke circles & at least one of the bruiser nerfs. I remember joining the forums shortly after a bruiser nerf cause every thread was about how useless bruisers were & my only leg was a bruiser of course
    @OldGoth
    What's your take? :blush:

Rhonda
  • @MizTy

The flailing arms and legs of the spawn that got crushed by moving cars and closing doors was another blast from the NML past that I hope you missed. It made the spawn look like giant spiders getting crushed and my skin crawl every time it happened. Luckily someone else complained enough to talk @eetu into removing that creepy crap as well.

I hope the mystery of the assault ghost nerfing gets resolved in a manner that doesn't punish us players but if you stay and play this game for more than a month or two you will begin to see what I'm talking about with the patterns that will pop up with this company. They will introduce something. If it is not well received then ngo will keep it in the game and ignore our complaining. Like they did with outposts, the new traits, and the 3000 TG 5-phone crates. If we show that we like what ngo has introduced into the game they will wait a while then find a reason to nerf it.
    Ifyourforgive
    @DarkFae I LOVED the flailing arms & legs... and that map in the challenges that shot walkers way up into the sky! I totally cracked up every time I saw it. But I wasn't in the forums then.

I did lose alotta love for NG after Ricks Pistols & the introduction of the ridiculous token systems (& stopped spending bc of it). I'm hanging on to see for myself where all this "game balancing" is going & whether NGs communication opens up some more. Tbh the job ads kindled some hope in me that they will add some more sense to the staff ;)
    Maybe when those positions are filled there will be some (positive) changes made? Idk, but I'm curious to find out.
    Oh eM Gee!!!!
    I sooo miss the flailing Walkers!!! Loved them!! :joy:

Rhonda
    MizTyOvidmikelDeeLHC
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    They were fun, but they were removed for performance reasons
    rgerkmantammy
    We need a dislike button hahaha

I get it though!! Especially me.. The one with the constant crashing tablet

They were a lot of fun though :grimace:

Rhonda
    MizTy
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @rgerkman

You did not just say Oh Em Gee!!!

Lmao and smh

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    rgerkman
    Lmao sorry...just picturing a grown man saying Oh Em Gee!!!

A grown zombie killing man no less!!!!

Xoxo
    rgerkmanMizTy
    edited August 2016
    Eh Hmmmmm ..... @tammy

I Am Woman! Hear Me Roar!!
    Rooooaaaaaaarrrrrr!!!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

100% Woman here last time I checked lol

Rhonda
    MizTy
    Roflmfao

Sorry @rgerkman !!!!!

But either way...you said Oh Em Gee!!!! Actually it's not quite as funny if your a chick...picture your husband saying that and try to keep a straight face :wink:

Xoxo
    rgerkmanMizTy
    Lmao...I looked at your pic for the first time!! In my defence, I never usually bother looking at peeps ...and most zombie killers are guys...

You are indeed, a woman @rgerkman

My apology :)

Xoxo

rgerkman
    Uh Huh
    That's what they all say @tammy lol

No Worries! It's all good :wink:

Rhonda
    Woot! Woot!!

I just received the 1000th Comment Badge with my
    "I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!!" Comment!

:joy: :grimace:

Good Times!!!

Rhonda
    MizTyTheLostOnes
    @rgerkman
    Are you the proud mama or the beautiful grad? (Sorry to get all off-topic on ya, just found myself needing some answers this morning & am not expecting I'll get any from NG)
    rgerkman
    Proud Mama :grimace:

& Thank You!! :kissing_heart:

Rhonda
    MizTyTheLostOnes
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    Well I have to agree took the assault out for a spin in side mission and blow me she's lvl 15 with lvl 16 gear and only getting body shot 1 st go lvl 25 spawn? What's more stranger is my lvl 15 hunter with lvl 17 gear is also getting body shots today with lvl 15 spawn