What is the benefit of upgrading the Walker Pit?

I understand that it makes you walkers stronger but does that benefit you if any other way other than making it harder for people to raid you? Do you get anything if someone fails to raid you?

Thanks.

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Yes, you will get some TG & Influence if they fail.
    But each objective has a different criteria for how much they or you might gain.
    PeculiarPeteTroubleMan
  • PeculiarPetePeculiarPete Member Posts: 5
    Thanks dude, it's not well explained in game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited August 2016
    My answer to your thread title:

A higher level of building points will help you raise your player level and player level helps to determine the base level of equipment drops. My camp is maxed out and that should result in an increase in base level 19 equipment drops and I have seen some but not as much as I would prefer. 

My answer to the question you asked in the 1st post:

Yes you get some influence points in some cases and some TG's as well sometimes. It's dependent upon where in the raid your defense prevailed.
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    @blynknz You do NOT receive TG if a raider 'fails'. You do however receive influence. Raider's don't bring TG with them, that they leave at the door as some sort of offering for your awesome defense.

If you see someone that has achieved one objective, then 'failed' it's because they smashed and grabbed your TG by pulling the flags or opening the crate. You'll gain influence, but you will lose the TG.

I just wanted to clear that up.
    MizTy[Deleted User]Shut_Up
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @TroubleMan That response above was a little confusing to me. Which side is the fail on in the situation your describing? I know of situations where you can win TG on defense.
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Shut_Up
    When can tgs be earned through defense?
    @Shut_Up there are ZERO situations where you can ever 'win' TG from defense. It does not/can not happen. When I raid someone, (I'm the raider) I can either win TG and some influence. I can win all the TG and all the influence. Or I can simply lose influence (don't activate any of the 3 'goals').

I (as a raider) NEVER lose TG except for the 10 it takes to search for a match.

As a defender, I can win some influence if the raider fails to complete any of the 3 'goals'. I can also lose a certain amount of TG varying upon the # of 'goals' the raider completes. As a defender I can NEVER win TG.

It's just not possible.

@Teeceezy can you please weigh in on this. I'm about 99.9999999% sure defenders can NEVER win TG.
    DLichShut_Up
    If you are on defense and you kill all 3 raiders you win an additional 1% or 2% of what you have on hand in TG. It's small but it does happen. True story.
    MusatTroubleMan
  • MusatMusat Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, you can win TG thru your Defense.
    Shut_Up[Deleted User]
    @Musat That's actually you LOSING 17 TG. If you notice, the flag has been pulled. The raiders lost the raid, but completed 1 of the 'goals'. You won influence but lost TG.

When you elect to go on a raid, you are shown the various 'payouts' for completing a particular goal. While they did not complete the 3, they completed one. It's green for you because you killed them. But you still lost the TG.
    DLich
    edited August 2016
    BTW, for the record, I have the highest level pit, with fully upgraded walkers. I don't lose many raids, but I have never 'won' TG from a unsuccessful raid. But I lose plenty on raids that were unsuccessful, but that completed 1 or 2 goals.
    Shut_Up
  • MusatMusat Member Posts: 3
    @TroubleMan Thanks for clearing that up. I've been under the assumption that I was winning TG on some of these uncompleted raids. But what your saying makes more sense... it wouldn't be right for a group of raiders to complete an objective and still lose TG.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    @TroubleMan I just did 3 single call radio's to get some common survivors to test this with.

First screen shot is before battling... 42 TG's in hand

Used 10 TG's for a battle not getting flags; then used 10 TG's for a battle and got the flags (but was killed by defenders); below is the screen shot I saw once I lost (but still got the flags)

But notice although the above screen shot shows 0 TG's, when I check my log I have "38" written in Red

So unsure if I lost or won these, I took a final screen shot of my camp after it was said and done.

Started with 42. -10 for first raid (as you can see); -10 for second raid would be 22 remainder... Add in the 38 red one's you get 60 total (as displayed below)

So the TG's that are there are one's I won eventhough it's in Red. Since I won TG's; the other person would have lost TG's and although listed in Green it is not one's they won but rather one's they lost.

@TroubleMan is correct :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MizTy
    and yes you'll @all notice i'm down 16 gold between the first and last screen shot; I was so pleasantly surprised on my second search to find an outpost with walker level 20 that I spent 16 gold to heal 3 common survivors for the sole purpose of this experiment.

The things I do for knowledge!!

MizTy
    @Musat You did win 17 TG. It's in green and it says "defense won." Finally it doesn't matter if the raiders pull down flags or open crates of both of the defense kills all 3 raiders the defense wins period. If all your guys die whether you are on defense or offense, you lose.

Red with a minus sign and the title defense lost is a lose. Raid failed is different than raid lost too.
    TroubleMan
    @Shut_Up please see my above post. I pulled the flags and still won the TG's although I lost the raid by being defeated. The color of the small box with the TG's screen is irrilevant

@DLich So you're saying its split results...interesting. If that is what NG decided to go with isn't that silly for them to go that direction that if you got shot in the head, decapitated by a sword, and smashed over the head with an oversized pipe you would still be able to carry away TGs. NG logic.
    DLichTroubleMan
    edited August 2016
    I believe the reason there is no "postive or negative" number written in front of the TG box number is because it's impossible to lose TG's when you're the raider, there's no need to differentiate between the two. Raiders choosing someone elses outpost doesn't bring TG's with them. There's no Negan in the outposts you raid telling you because you lost you have to give them half your stuff although I completely understand your logic where if everyone's dead who brings home the TG's lol.

as the attacker on offense it appears that I did infact get 38 TG's although I failed the raid. Just like many of the things in TWD NML it's all a matter of question until some investigative trial and error takes place.

I never have more than 500 TG's in my camp at any given time and unless I cross reference my above screen shots with ign "frog" and see what they had before I raided them compared to what they have afterwards we're only seeing my side of the equation.

Since we never know when we are going to be raided I hardly take a screen shot before logging out each time. Would be nice if @Teeceezy could confirm possibly. My trial shows I still got TG's from flags even though I lost the raid. I have to assume my opponent frog didn't also get TG's from "defense won"

• mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    NextGames logic is...

" There is a virus that has infected, every person on the planet... When that person dies, their body will ' re-animate ' and... " And... errrr...

" never mind ", NextGames is not that creative & logical...

Carry on, with carting boxes away...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Wait. I think we are talking about two different things. The win/lose red/green can get confusing when it is partial, getting one or two, but not all three of the objectives. Let's simplify this and forget influence for a minute:

When I look for someone to raid, I spend 10 TG every time I look at someone. When I raid someone, I either gain some TG or not.

When someone raids me, I either lose some TG or not. But I can't gain TG if someone raids me and fails.

Is that correct?
    edited August 2016
    @dale that's what I believe and my example above shows I failed the raid and didn't lose any TG's but rather gained the TG's I got for flags.

So I have to believe if I didn't lose any that my opponent, the defender, didn't gain any. At least not from me anyways.

The opponent should see a green "defense won" with a number of TG's underneath it but since I got TG's I can't imagine "frog" got TG's too

Dale said:

Wait. I think we are talking about two different things. The win/lose red/green can get confusing when it is partial, getting one or two, but not all three of the objectives. Let's simplify this and forget influence for a minute:

When I look for someone to raid, I spend 10 TG every time I look at someone. When I raid someone, I either gain some TG or not.

When someone raids me, I either lose some TG or not. But I can't gain TG if someone raids me and fails.

Is that correct?

Yes you are correct. If you kill all of the raiders you will win a nice little bounty of influence though (even if they manage to pull the flags for 1 objective).

Raiding - (You can WIN TG for accomplishing as little as 1 'goal', and win a tiny amount of influence UNLESS all 3 raiders are killed. In that case you still keep the TG but actually lose influence).

Defending - (NEVER 'win' TG from raiders. However, you can win influence by killing all 3 raiders, but still LOSE TG depending on how many 'goals' they accomplish).

It's always been that way. The confusion is from NG coloring your 'win' in Green and giving the appearance of winning TG, which in fact you lost if they accomplish a goal.
    DLich
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Musat said:

Yeah, you can win TG thru your Defense.

lol i know that guy. he is in my guild