Most effective use of radios?

15 at a time?
gabriel_lwhmcbkhicks1RisGreenBalloonJadenLadyAquila

Comments

• mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    yup i do 15 call & accept who ever so i can retire them in camp so after that i can scrap their gear.... some ppl dont but i still do but i upgrade any lvl 1 gear that takes 10 sec for extra xp
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    when scrapping, i thought you onlt got 25% of the xp spent,
    so arent you wasting xp
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I have a pile of them and generally sit on it.

But I might go full uncle scrooge on them and take a swim.
    youngbesyz
  • Misaki_TaroMisaki_Taro Member Posts: 17
    1 phone call is the most the most the MOST effective for have legendary survivor ... i'm sure about this for 100% percent ... 10 phone call or 15 phone call is suck after all ... i know alot of people call me crazy but the true is the true ... hehehe
    MadPuppy
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Tell me more, @Misaki_Taro.
    DeadBeat
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    I <3 DLich
    DLich1RisrgerkmanLadyAquila
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @DLich I'm gonna call on the old ghost of @lmfgunnut who did extensive data collection on 1x radio call.

He included the added probability of getting better than a common in the 1x call as well as better than rare in 15x calls.

His conclusion was 15x calls were better for tokens, if I remember correctly.

@lmfgunnut buddy, if you're there somewhere, could you please confirm or deny this.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    MizTyDLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited August 2016
    @TheLostOnes my hypothesis is calculated by odds in general. Taking into effect that you get 3 choices when using the rare option (and now there's the possibility to get hero tokens so I feel choices are diminished) that someone choosing has a better chance out of 30 radios that -

One of those 30 radios with single call pulls us an uncommon. 29 commons give 58 tokens. 1 uncommon gives 8 for a total of 66 tokens (scattered of many different types)

Making 15 radio calls you get ultimately 6 choices. Sometimes less if there's a hero token mixed in.

I feel you'd have a better chance of at least one of those single radio calls being of higher rarity than a common as opposed to the odds of one of the six presented in 2 15 calls being higher than a rare.

I have pulled rare off 1 call more often than pulling an epic off 15 call

I do believe @lmfgunnut data was pre hero token era.

Meaning if you use 2 15 radio calls and they're all rares you would have gotten more tokens in general if you did 30 single calls and one wasn't common.

Law of averages would say your odds are greater that 1 in 30 is higher than a common as opposed to 1 in 6 choices being greater than a rare :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    i812manyRaky
  • HaiyanHaiyan Member Posts: 156
    null
    I tried a 1radio call and accepted, when i retired the survivor i didn't get any xp dunno what gives
    @blynknz yea for upgraded gear u get that 25% back.... i only upgrade the lvl 1 stuff that takes 10 sec to complete for common gear ud get 60xp for scrapping at lvl 1... it cost 70xp to upgrade but ud get 137xp for scrapping the lvl 2 gear... & if rare epic or leg cost a lil more to upgrade but get more after its upgraded
    edited August 2016
    u dont get any xp for retiring ppl any more just tokens @Haiyan

edit u do get xp if ur retiring someone u spent xp on lvling them up
    Had to pop in and show this hilarious screenshot from a 1 radio call. I know the data isn't in, but I've seen plenty of complaints about 2 and 8 tokens for heroes with 15 calls. And the anger on Maggie day. This warms my black little heart.
    MizTyDLichmcbkhicks
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    edited August 2016
    @GrimGael you made me chuckle,so I had to do 1 as well. I chuckled a little bit more.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    GrimGael
    Just to be fair. Thanks @Misaki_Taro and @DLich for expanding my mind. I did about 15 singles and it is better for tokens. There is still room in my roster so I'll be going back to the 15 calls for a while (gotta save as many uninfected bruisers as I can, lol) need to replace a luckless scout too. After that, I'm on the one radio train. Now I'm going to stop posting for a while like I said I would 6 posts ago. The less I know about what's going on, the happier I am, it seems. Need a break.
    edited August 2016
    Just to be fair. Thanks @Misaki_Taro and @DLich for expanding my mind. I did about 15 singles and it is better for tokens. There is still room in my roster so I'll be going back to the 15 calls for a while (gotta save as many uninfected bruisers as I can, lol) need to replace a luckless scout too. After that, I'm on the one radio train. Now I'm going to stop posting for a while like I said I would 6 posts ago. The less I know about what's going on, the happier I am, it seems. Need a break.