Moderation and the tone of the forum

Allow me to say something positive.

So I have been thinking (to the extend of my limited abilities) and I really feel that the forum users here are very good at treating each other with respect.

Sure, we can rub each other the wrong way and disagree a bit. And the overall tone can also be very negative as it has been lately after some of the changes to the game.

But there's very little hostility between the forum users.

Ultimately, the biggest evidence is that the moderation and the warnings that are dished out are mostly for people being off topic or breaking some of the more obscure forum rules (like that interesting topic we weren't allowed to discuss earlier this week).

Toxicity does occur but whenever it does, it's mostly directed at NG as a company. Which I know is against the rules as well, but it's nevertheless way better than toxicity directed at other people.

Thanks for reading -- happy Friday, all (now someone just has to post "Fuck you @TheLostOnes" to prove me wrong..)
I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
MadPuppyMrSorrowInvadermongo911InspTurbinesLightfeetgespuer[Deleted User]PR0DJAnnette578masmith93JadenSgtSalamiAmelyGreenBalloon

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    If you have an issue with another forum user or their posts, use the Report button. That's what it's there for.

If you have an issue with moderation, PM me and we can talk about it.

That being said, rules are rules and we, as a moderation team, are here to make sure the forum serves its purpose as a place to discuss No Man's Land as well as other off-topic matters.
    Pain Walker
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @DarkFae please read my post again. It's NOT about moderation being fair and rosy, but that most of the forum users are nice to each other and don't NEED moderation to act civil to each other.

(And I have had my fair share of mod edits, as you would see if you go through my posts)
    I'm lost.

InspTurbines
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    @DarkFae I do remember what you're referring to and it that particular case the moderation team ran with what they had. Let's not however steer the discussion in this direction.

@TheLostOnes I've been very glad to see that you've all formed camaraderie as a community. Long may it continue. :)
    MadPuppyPain WalkerAnnette578ggbats
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    Cheers @DarkFae
    I'm lost.

mongo911Annette578[Deleted User]
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    thanks @MadPuppy .. That says a lot!
    Apology accepted :grimace:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    MadPuppyAnnette578
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited August 2016

I agree with @TheLostOnes, the tone among the users is 99% friendly. Debates are mostly between users and mods and I will say that the mods have their big part of this. As @Teeceezy already stated, their job is to moderate and make sure that we can all share our thoughts of the game. However, in the past the mods have spent their time mostly ignoring us so the reason why there is some toxicity and cyicism here (I have my good share on both) is also your fault. I don't want to raise a debate here, but it would be nice if the mods could just admit that their job could have been done better. It's easy to warn users and edit posts, but you should look into the mirror sometimes and just think about it. If the users are uncontempt with the game or NG, it is your job too to report this and not have us shut up all the time just because this is NG's type of policy.

+1 Like & Agree

Annette578InspTurbines
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @MadPuppy

It was pretty damn funny, when you put a visual with it!!!

I laughed anyway...but I'm known for my warped humor :wink:

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    MadPuppyAnnette578InspTurbines
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    @Teeceezy Really?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    It's been my experience that, for the most part, this game and this forum attract a more mature audience so a lot of the juvenile antics that occur elsewhere aren't here so much. More mature antics, however, are another thing :p
    MizTyInspTurbines[Deleted User]tammy
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    edited August 2016

nothing like that ever happens around here @Dale
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    InspTurbines1RisDale
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    @i812many, Cornholio and his bung hole! Still causes me to bust a gut!
    i812many[Deleted User]
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    edited August 2016
    @i812many lol I actually put a guy into time-out once on a different forum for acting like Cornholio. Actually, it was in a chat room.
    i812many
  • @Teeceezy Really?

Yep. Things are never going to change. I wish I has just stuck to watching TWD tv show and left it there.

• mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @DarkFae...

Sorry for you... It's crummy, Because these Fins don't get it...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• Thank you @mongo911. They really don't, I suspect it's because they think they know everything already so it's not possible for them to be wrong but that is just not the case. I'm a strong believer in Karma so I suppose I'll have to wait and let life and the universe show them that instead.
    mongo911
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    edited August 2016
    @DarkFae...

Yup... Karma...

But... It seems that they don't understand how Karma could possibly relate, to this insult that you have endured ( and yes, I watched long ago what happened, and how the Moderator acted... ) I would gladly explain it to them... ( even to the most illiterate person from Finland )...

But, as is standard practice, they will look for a rug, to sweep the insult under...

Sadly, they don't understand Americans... Thus they denigrate us...

I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

[Deleted User]
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @DarkFae

I won't tag you with a disagree...but I disagree....

I'm happy you didn't just stick with watching the show, cos otherwise we wouldn't have met you my friend ❤️

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    rgerkmanMizTy[Deleted User]
  • @tammy

Thank You my friend <3
    tammyMizTy