Why was a thread about Bluestacks deleted?

@zbot, @Teeceezy
Why was this thread What Android emulators for PC works with this game removed?
It seems like bluestacks has been talked about a lot here, and a lot of players use it. So it can't be classed as a cheat or a hack.

Or was it merged?
@EL34xyz
@GreenBalloon
Not sure who else had posted in there.
GreenBalloon

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Nope there was another one that I had commented in, as well as a couple of others

• rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited August 2016
    I remember that thread @blynknz
    It must've violated something?
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Its possible that there was a post about cheating in there, but I didn't get a notification about it.

And in the other thread that @1Ris posted, Teecee said
    Teeceezy said:

Please note: "The Walking Dead: No Man's Land has been developed for mobile Android and iOS platforms only, and if you choose to play using an emulator like BlueStacks, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that the game will work, nor provide you with any official support." as per our FAQs.

So its not like they class bluestacks as cheating (a know other games do)
    GreenBalloonInspTurbines
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    The game crashes on my iPad. It's too small to play comfortably on my phone. My budget doesn't extend to purchasing a new device. So I use Bluestacks on my laptop. It misses a few of the nice-to-have-s, which I'll find weeks or months later while squinting at my phone.

I've mentioned all of this before without a problem so I doubt the issue with the thread was bluestacks in general. If the issue was bluestacks in general, I think they would have said so by now.
    @dale, I agree that they seem to be ok with it.
    i have questioned the use of bluestacks before as well. Because in a previous game I played, people basically used that to cheat - that was really the only reason to use it.

But I do see the benefits of using it now.
    Dale
  • @blynknz

I have a 10.5 tablet and a cell with a 5 inch screen that I can play on but rarely use either. I don't use my tab because this game drains the battery too quickly and I don't use my cell because the screen seems too crowded for that.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    For those wondering, you're crossing the line when you start discussing how to get the game to work on unsupported services or devices. That is grouped with "hacking", and will be deleted. The reason is that since these are the official forums, we're basically responsible for everything covered here.
    General_Pain
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    Gosh... A year...

And now... Finally, it's a sin...

Are we dealing with................
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

[Deleted User]MizTyGreenBalloon
    DarkFae said:

@OldGoth said:

For those wondering, you're crossing the line when you start discussing how to get the game to work on unsupported services or devices. That is grouped with "hacking", and will be deleted. The reason is that since these are the official forums, we're basically responsible for everything covered here.

Can we have the rules modified to reflect this new stance? A notice that the rules have been amended would help as well. Especially since that piece of software has been talked about openly here on the forum for almost a year without incident.

Agreed, which I see has now been actioned.

Maybe when a thread is closed, there is moderator thread mentioning it and why. A bit like when a thread is moved, there is the moderator thread with the same name saying moved
    masmith93
  • @blynknz

I think that would be asking too much from the current mod team here. It would be nice to have some type of official notice before hand however. How else are people suppose to even try to follow the rules if we learn about them in retrospect?
    [Deleted User]
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    This thread should be closed as well. It's regarding bluestack ;)
    MadPuppyGreenBalloonmasmith93
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    DarkFae said:

@OldGoth said:

Can we have the rules modified to reflect this new stance?

Rules modified.
    DarkFae said:

@blynknz

I think that would be asking too much from the current mod team here. It would be nice to have some type of official notice before hand however. How else are people suppose to even try to follow the rules if we learn about them in retrospect?

Nobody was warned for not following this new rule.
    MadPuppy
    @Teeceezy , I understand that no one was warned. It's more that the thread just disappeared for no reason. And no one really would have known if this thread wasn't started.

It was similar to the thread about Kodi recently, which is legimate software and no one was talking about anything illegal.
    That was deleted as well

[Deleted User]
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @blynknz That's fair feedback, thank you for that.

As for Kodi, in my opinion, it lies in a grey area as it's fairly easy to cross the fine line of legal to illegal with the app. I felt it was better to err on the side of caution.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited August 2016
    @Teeceezy

Thanks for gracing the NML community with the gift of illumination. In the interest of balance and harmony can we now be gifted with a working ignore feature too here in the forum?
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited August 2016
    @EL34xyz said:

OS Emulators are not hacking
    People run Windows on Apple devices, is that hacking?

Lots of people runs their game on emulators because they don't want to run them on tiny screen phones

Just saying

Umm actually yeah the Windows thing is hacking. Windows is not a cross-platform operating system. You can not go to the store and buy Microsoft Windows for Mac, Office or Word....yes. Windows no. :D
    EL34xyz
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    edited August 2016
    We have tiny screens clogged with icons and flash graphics on our camp and sandbags that are almost impossible to make out in missions. Visibility matters. The flash graphics for "Limited Time Only!!" is a cpu hog and drains my battery too fast. Besides being ugly, it's annoying. So are the pop-ups, fyi. I can always tell if I've forgotten to close out completely when I leave the game because of how hot my phone is. My laptop can take it, but I really don't care to one day find my phone battery on fire.

@DarkFae You can install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp. The instructions are on the Apple site. They don't sell the OS obviously, but if you have a copy then you can install it with their blessing.
    EL34xyz
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    edited August 2016
    @DarkFae
    That is not correct that running windows on a mac in an emulator is hacking

If you already own a genuine windows disc, the disc is your to do with whatever you want

Also, emulators are used to run other OS's without making partitions and doing permanent installs

I use an android emulator on a windows 7 notebook when I am at work
    You can plug the notebook into a wired network
    Many people do not have access to wifi at their companies and for a good reason in many cases
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    EL34xyz said:

OS Emulators are not hacking
    People run Windows on Apple devices, is that hacking?

Lots of people runs their game on emulators because they don't want to run them on tiny screen phones

Just saying

I agree. In my case, playing the game on a tiny screen phone results in eye pain. I had never heard of bluestacks before reading about it here. Without it, I would have had to stop playing the game months ago.

I realize that those of us in the AARP crowd are in the minority but shutting down a discussion of emulators is basically telling us not to bother trying to play.
    EL34xyzMizTyGreenBalloon
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Will photos shares using blue stacks get mod edited like the one with the guy who had 2.2 million soup cans from playing a mission?

Just curious how screen shots now work functionality regarding "discussing" etc.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    EL34xyz
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825
This discussion has been closed.