Which hunter should I keep?

Currently I have 3 hunters plus Daryl, should I retire Benjamin to promote Max? Or train Benjamin form lvl8 to lvl19?

Is the best traits for hunter is Lucky, Dodge, Bullet Dodge, Marksman & Iron Skin? What about Sure Shot? Vigilant don't look that useful.
There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,873
    William

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    William.
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @capibara @Vudnik
    Yeah, I plan on keeping William until I got a hunter with Lucky, Dodge, Bullet Dodge, Marksman & Iron Skin trait.
    What about the other 2 hunter? Are they worth investing?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,873
    Keep Max and upgrade to legendary... But it's up to you.. I have 5 hunters...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Fester17
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I have 6 Hunters.. but who's counting?
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    With Benjamin, you already have Marksman and you have a shot at finding armor with Gold Dodge on it to supplement Benjamin's current traits. With Max, there's no way to fill in for Marksman if you get don't get lucky on the promotion.

If I were in your situation, I would level up Benjamin, while holding on to Max. Once Benjamin is of a sufficient level, then retire him for the xp and tokens and upgrade someone else at that point. I value Marksman enough to hold on to that trait.

But the question you have to ask yourself is this: are you happier with the known quantity that is Benjamin or would you rather take a risk, spending a lot tokens in the process, at the chance for a near perfect set of traits on Max?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    rgerkman said:

I have 6 Hunters.. but who's counting?

I have 6, if one counts Daryl, which I barely do. He's probably so covered in cobwebs, he looks like a Mummy.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    rgerkman
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I guess that means I have seven :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 672
    I have four legendary 19s plus Daryl, who I never use.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

Four of five of my non-Daryl hunters are legendary, the other being an epic. All are level 17 and all with Lucky, Dodge and Marksman. RNG has been quite kind to me on the Hunter front.

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    I prefer Sure Shot over Iron Skin.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Jaden
  • ShedeadShedead Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2016
    Never mind
    rgerkman
    edited September 2016
    wI'll post later
    @Dodkong
    I don't like the Vigilant trait on Benjamin, and without Dodge he's likely get attacked in close range. And the need of finding a gold dodge armor & upgrading for him is a big minus.
    I guess I'll keep him around until I got enough token to unlock the fifth trait on Max or when I got another Epic/Legendary hunter.

@Shedead
    TopHunter got all the best traits for a hunter to face those zombies, the missing Bullet Dodge is only useful for ranged human enemy.
    But how a legendary got two lvl3 trait?
    @Monsuta Any survivor that was legendary before the big update has two level 5 traits, one level 4, and two level 3. Post-update has all level 4 traits when you pull them from a radio call.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,669
    I'd dump Daryl. :D
    @crambert_nec
    Thanks, also it seems like the perfect trait for ranged survivors are Lucky/Dodge/Bullet Dodge/Marksman/Sure Shot, and for close range survivors are Lucky/Dodge/Bullet Dodge/Strong/Iron Skin or Retaliate?
    @Governator
    Too bad those heroes won't leave once they enter your camp :D
    And they can't change into their another clothes
    Governator
    @Monsuta
    Totally understand where you're coming from, it's a judgment call there. I also dislike Vigilant, but I like Marksman much more to overlook it. And with token acquisition being so unreliable, I really dislike the thought of investing all those tokens and getting something like Defensive Stance or Vigilant.

But if you're ok with the risk, then roll the dice! I wish you luck.

@Monsuta Exactly my thoughts on ranged survivors. For melee I like Lucky/Dodge/Bullet Dodge/Iron Skin/Retaliate. Strong is good too, but I really like Retaliate (especially on bruisers). Iron Skin because Scouts and Warriors have pretty bad defense and to make a Bruiser even more of a tank. Currently none of my survivors have perfect traits, but most of them are 4/5.
    @Dodkong
    Hopefully tokens will be more easily to acquire in future updates

@crambert_nec
    Only one of my survivor have perfect traits, the others are either without Lucky or with Vigilant/Defensive Stance
    @Monsuta Nice assault. None of my 3 legendary assault have Sure Shot.
    Nice ASSULT Monsuta!!
    Here is my assults
    edited September 2016
    Assults are the best!!
  • Yes, you should do as you stated in your first post.
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    Dodkong said:

With Benjamin, you already have Marksman and you have a shot at finding armor with Gold Dodge on it to supplement Benjamin's current traits. With Max, there's no way to fill in for Marksman if you get don't get lucky on the promotion.

If I were in your situation, I would level up Benjamin, while holding on to Max. Once Benjamin is of a sufficient level, then retire him for the xp and tokens and upgrade someone else at that point. I value Marksman enough to hold on to that trait.

But the question you have to ask yourself is this: are you happier with the known quantity that is Benjamin or would you rather take a risk, spending a lot tokens in the process, at the chance for a near perfect set of traits on Max?

Completely agree.