This isn't fair.

Just went on a deadly mission (Into the woods), 10 gas, level 17 survivors recommended.
Now, I can deal with level 17 walkers, but the thing that fucked me up is THE LEVEL 18 FAT WALKER. Why is a level 18 fat walker appearing on a mission where the walkers are supposed to be level 17? I lost two of my best survivors. TWO OF MY BEST, cause a fat walker above the other walkers' level was there. I took me 11 attacks to take him down. ELEVEN! And then I just got overrun by other walkers. This is seriously bullshit.
dee74

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    It was just a recommendation.
  • The_Vengeful_1The_Vengeful_1 Member Posts: 102
    But the walkers aren't supposed to be ABOVE the recommended level. Atleast not the wave that's already there when the mission starts.
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    it says recommended level 17 SURVIVORS.. it didnt say level 17 walkers. im sure a level 17 survivor can deal with it easily. but because of level cap, we can only level up our survivors upto level 15 (for now). They warn you that that mission is for level 17 SURVIVORS, but you still proceed. so what isn't fair about that?
    TUCO
    Every other mission I went on that said "Level 17 survivors recommended" there was NEVER a level 18 walker. Especially not a fat one with a stun that lasts two turns.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I'm not an expert, but is it possible that the number of stars had something to do with it?
    So you were 1 star away from lvl 18, therefore lvl 17 was just a little bit harder?
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    though accumulated stars have something to do with the difficulty of the challenge, the question here is the level of enemy walker vs the recommended survivor level. The devs or moderators @Teeceezy @OldGoth @TK-421 , should clear this thing up for the benefit of all..
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2016
    Nah there's always walkers + one above the recommended scattered in the larger maps. If your survivors were the recommended lvl the 18 fatty would have been cake.
    Weasel007
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Sorry ya lost 2 members Vengeful-that's brutal,hopefully ya have some radios stored and get some good survivors.
  • EzyEzy Member Posts: 84
    Sad dude... I feel sorry for you! :disappointed:
  • Miss RogueMiss Rogue Member Posts: 41
    @The_Vengeful_1 @aysatyo The recommended survivor level does not determine the walker levels in the mission. Some levels might have walkers that have a higher level than the recommended survivor level.
    Oh, well... Okay. Thank you.
  • Miss RogueMiss Rogue Member Posts: 41
    @The_Vengeful_1 Nevertheless, always sorry to hear someone lost their best survivors. Hopefully it won't take too long to get replacements.
  • OwlkapwnOwlkapwn Member Posts: 168

Join the club m8, same mission. Just the other day
    Leader - The Owls Nest
  • dfg2dfg2 Member Posts: 32
    Owlkapwn said:

Join the club m8, same mission. Just the other day

Level 14 max survivors were at the end of their service time anyway.
    @dfg2 that's how I look at it, they went out fighting. I just wasn't prepared for their sudden departure with replacements
    Leader - The Owls Nest
    I am getting little to no radios at the moment. It's gonna be hard to replace the lost survivors. Both legendary, both 14/16, with amazing perks! R.I.P.
    Gotta level up my epics then. But they aren't nearly as good. Oh well...
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    Watch out for this as well...on some missions, the longer you take, the higher the zombies levels become. I think the developers got this right. I would never try a deadly mission with a recommendation 3 levels higher than my team members, but that's just me.
    I like Zombies!
    Every single wave that comes, walkers are supposed to be a level higher than the previous wave. I'm cool with that. I've been doing missions with a recommendation 3 levels higher than my team all the time. I was just surprised that on this particular one, the big fat walker was one level higher than the rest of the walkers.. And he literally oneshot me.
    @PapaSmurf don't get me wrong, I'm bummed but not angry at the game. I was stupid, got greedy, and played distracted. I should have known better
    Leader - The Owls Nest
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    @The_Vengeful_1 I've had that happen too; not on a deadly mission luckily.
    I like Zombies!
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    @Owlkapwn :# Although they were at "the end of their service," they were strong enough to get you 200+* until you picked up stronger replacements. Hard hit bro.
    Owlkapwn
  • SoyevSoyev Member Posts: 130
    That one got me last month, two dead. I wasn't even pushing it, the level before was easy and then suddenly the fattys hp went thru the roof and I was shooting him forever. I got him but then got overwhelmed.

I considered it a lesson learned about high level fatty having exponentially increasing hp
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    You brought level 15 survivors to a recommended 17 mission and you died. ;)
    Owlkapwn
    @zoson if you watch "Making a Murderer," while playing you will understand
    ;)

@Vintage_Bull brutal, I still can't believe how stupid that was. Friggin dope
    Leader - The Owls Nest
  • All it takes is one good deadly to realize that too much effort goes into playing to push a deadly challenge too far. Of course I pushed too hard in 2 deadly's in a row and lost my top 4 survivors.
    jesterOwlkapwn
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2016
    @zoson, like @Owlkapwn said, unless you're watching MAM, you won't understand. I watched all 10 episodes in 14 hours straight. I also made some stupid WD NML mistakes while watching - not as bad as @Owlkapwn or the Red Sox picking up D. Price ;) - but stupid nonetheless.
    OwlkapwnLawdog
    @Vintage_Bull lmao. In typical Yankees fashion, you guys will prob sign him to an even more bloated and ridiculous contract after he gets booed outta Fenway :p
    Leader - The Owls Nest
    Lawdog
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    I got into a triple struggle on this weeks deadly and was able to get out with 1 star and none dead.
    talk about TOO close.
    a half dozen body shots and then got swarmed...followed by MORE body shots on every friggin' one lol.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    Owlkapwn
This discussion has been closed.