Hunter compromise suggestion: shotguns

I think NG should replace rifles that have the wide bore trait with shotguns. In the real world shotguns shoot with a spread and don't have the range of a rifle. The range for rifles should be greatly extended. Well beyond the new shotgun range and that of pistols. This could change tactics where you could have a sniper stay back to pick off people and send your people with shotguns in for closer combat. You could adjust traits slightly by adding a scope to increase the chance of a head shot/critical and different gauges for wider shotgun spread. Maybe even sawed off for a wide spread but shorter range. And of equal importance, the survivors would look cool carrying new weapons. Just my $0.02.
MizTyFLWillDonnieWaLkNDeAdmarco13

Comments

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    The game is already so complex as it is
    marco13
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    edited August 2016
    Sadly as we know from experience, NextGames would probably have the top trait of the " shotgun " to be a " silencer "...

I would not be surprised... Sigh...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

MizTy[Deleted User]InvaderCaptainslayer
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 254
    I don't know about silenced shotguns or crossbows for that matter but I think it's even more ridiculous a pistol has a greater max range than a rifle. But I guess if an assault rifle can stun anything goes in NML.
    Danofthedead
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,960
    I believe the assault already covers many of the traits you are suggesting for 'shotgun'.
    Danofthedeadmarco13
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    brentp17 said:

I can picture it now...

Great movie B)
    Fester17
  • DanofthedeadDanofthedead Member Posts: 60
    I just suggested the same thing, what would set the shotgun apart from the assault is shorter spread but more power.
    [¬O-o]¬
    marco13