This weekends event

For anyone who hasn't maxed the game currently I am sure this weekends event is a good one.

My question is what goes through the event developers head when they do this type of event? For anyone maxed on the game it's been a long while since we had a survivor or piece of equipment that needed to be upgraded. Therefore this event is a non event for us.

Are we just taken for granted? Where is the event that keeps us interested and involved? I have to put my cards on the table. My patience is wearing thin and I honestly couldn't answer what keeps me hanging on at the moment.

Comments

• warwar Member Posts: 454
    edited September 2016
    I bet there are more people that haven't maxed their game out than people that have finished the game. Mostly they matter. I bet only radio and hero unlock events are useful for you people, which sucks tbh.
    CLOSUREInspTurbinesweirdguyal
  • CLOSURECLOSURE Member Posts: 29
    edited September 2016
    Pretty much save for one issue. Anyone who kept up to date on the forums knew that hero improvements will come in time so knowing that I have saved radios for months and haven't been tempted by those hero events at all.

I appreciate that for the vast majority it's a decent event BUT only if they have saved up XP ahead of time. If they haven't then it's going to be a grind weekend to take advantage. I know I'm having a moan but I still feel it's valid point and feel a little forgotten so to speak.
    MystiqueJackBauerInspTurbinesKillpupsNkits
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Hope is what keeps you.

Next is clearly communicating that long time players are just as impotant as any other.

Hope that turns out as desired for both sides.
    CLOSUREMarsOne
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    3 storage plots to go til my buildings are maxed.
    Still need shitloads of xp though..... :(
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Invader
    JayZ said:

I'm sure even maxed out players pick up pieces of equipment or make new radio calls along the way that they need to upgrade.

I don't think you read what was written. I am sure this maxed out player has nothing to spend any XP on unfortunately.

• VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    "grinder's delight" that was a good bundle
    InspTurbines
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    CLOSURE said:

JayZ said:

I'm sure even maxed out players pick up pieces of equipment or make new radio calls along the way that they need to upgrade.

I don't think you read what was written. I am sure this maxed out player has nothing to spend any XP on unfortunately.

So all of your gear is perfect? You literally haven't picked up a single piece of gear better than anything your survivors currently have equipped? If so, kudos to you, and I'm sorry NG can't cater to you every single weekend.

Short of ICELS, I don't even see how any weekend event could benefit you (except perhaps increased phone drop events). How about you share what you'd like to see? I'm not even being sarcastic or snarky here. It's clear that NG is recycling the same 6-8 events every two months, so it would probably benefit them if you have fresh suggestions.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    CLOSURE
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    This event is great, even for maxed out players (like me). Instead of loosing XP every day (because of full storage) , I just upgrade equipment even if I'll never use that armor or weapon. Those upgraded equipment is another kind of bank for xp for later.
    DLichJayZCLOSUREInspTurbines
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 942
    @Amazayn is a dear guild friend and wanted a possibility of having something similar to 8 days of hero, but with the different classes instead. We had the 4th radio Hunter event a few weeks ago, maybe do that for every other class too?

I think that's a brilliant idea since I am lacking decent Warriors lol

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    MizTy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    @NG why you no offer double XP with 5 second upgrades?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    rgerkmanMizTyggbatsInvader
  • WalkermanWalkerman Member Posts: 64
    A booster bundle is also better value for the money. I am neither surprised by nor feeling any grudges towards NG over this event.
    Watch Tower Alliance (WT #14) - PM for details on joining!
    DLichJayZOneLessTitanDodkong
    JayZ said:

So all of your gear is perfect? You literally haven't picked up a single piece of gear better than anything your survivors currently have equipped? If so, kudos to you, and I'm sorry NG can't cater to you every single weekend.

Short of ICELS, I don't even see how any weekend event could benefit you (except perhaps increased phone drop events). How about you share what you'd like to see? I'm not even being sarcastic or snarky here. It's clear that NG is recycling the same 6-8 events every two months, so it would probably benefit them if you have fresh suggestions.

Unfortunately that is the situation I find myself in. I am no great expert in weapon or armour traits but am satisfied with the level 22 (originally 19) Legendary items I have. I see the traits as subjective and the ones that I swear by may not be favoured by others and vice versa. I use six survivors mainly, three for exploration missions and the three that are active in my outpost. I see little point just using XP for the sake of it on say upgrading a survivor I'll never use or the weapon/armour s/he has as I'll never use it.

I appreciate where you're coming from and ICELS would be very much appreciated by me and many others. I have the radios to really get into that but I did raise this issue on the thread about people departing the game which I feel the developers should be paying great attention to as I am close to calling it a day to be honest. It's a mixture of grind fatigue and weekend events not being interesting or a reason to play for me personally.

I liked the increased chance of radios but that's no good as I haven't bought into the Heroes concept because of known bugs. The herd is fun and lower gas requirements are always welcomed.

gespuer said:

This event is great, even for maxed out players (like me). Instead of loosing XP every day (because of full storage) , I just upgrade equipment even if I'll never use that armor or weapon. Those upgraded equipment is another kind of bank for xp for later.

I never considered that. We'd lose a lot of XP but not as much as we'd lose by leaving it maxed. Interesting. Thank you.
    Walkermangespuer

@Amazayn is a dear guild friend and wanted a possibility of having something similar to 8 days of hero, but with the different classes instead. We had the 4th radio Hunter event a few weeks ago, maybe do that for every other class too?

I think that's a brilliant idea since I am lacking decent Warriors lol

No thanks from me. They need to do the ICELS and not bother with the heroes which we know sucks. I won't spend a radio until such time and if that time never comes unfortunately I shall be long gone.
    Shut_Up
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    @masmith93 I seem to have lost my tough shit card...do you have an extra? :wink:
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
    mongo911InspTurbines
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    CLOSURE said:

JayZ said:

Unfortunately that is the situation I find myself in. I am no great expert in weapon or armour traits but am satisfied with the level 22 (originally 19) Legendary items I have. I see the traits as subjective and the ones that I swear by may not be favoured by others and vice versa. I use six survivors mainly, three for exploration missions and the three that are active in my outpost. I see little point just using XP for the sake of it on say upgrading a survivor I'll never use or the weapon/armour s/he has as I'll never use it.

I appreciate where you're coming from and ICELS would be very much appreciated by me and many others. I have the radios to really get into that but I did raise this issue on the thread about people departing the game which I feel the developers should be paying great attention to as I am close to calling it a day to be honest. It's a mixture of grind fatigue and weekend events not being interesting or a reason to play for me personally.

I liked the increased chance of radios but that's no good as I haven't bought into the Heroes concept because of known bugs. The herd is fun and lower gas requirements are always welcomed.

That's totally fair.

Honestly, I think you'd have a lot more fun if you branched out a bit with your survivors. I'm not maxed out, but I have at least two of each class that I rotate in and out of missions and challenges, depending on the situation. I'm sure you play with ranged survivors, as they are generally better in most situations than melee survivors. But melee survivors are honestly pretty fun/useful if you give them a shot. The movement range on Scouts is nuts and can help you breeze through missions, Bruisers have been pretty fun again with their wide margin stuns, and there's some innate satisfaction in slicing through a cluster of 4-6 zombies with a Warrior.

Some of the new traits have also been fun to play with in challenges where the RSL is 4-5 levels higher than my survivors. For example, I like to take a Scout along now because my Scout has 80% threat reduction (which is super helpful when you use ranged survivors), gold swift strike, and insane luck. Pair that with a Hunter who will clear lines of walkers and a Shooter who interrupts walkers coming towards me, and I can get to significantly higher challenge levels than before.

If you play around a bit with the new survivors, it'll give you more to do and upgrade while you wait for NG's updates. What's the downside?
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    rgerkman
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    edited September 2016
    Thanks! I love it!
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
    masmith93
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,426
    Normally, I would jump all over this event with a gas booster and 2x XP. But with my Supplies maxed, I just don't want to see those tomato cans float into oblivion while grinding XP missions. I'd like to maximize the return for the expense. So, I'll sit this one out.

NG: Please bring this back after 2.1 drops and I can make room for supplies in storage.
  • ShmaryahuShmaryahu Member Posts: 163
    masmith93 said:

The vast majority of players are not maxed. There are some events that I can't use or don't like, but I punch my tough shit card and move on. This event isn't great for players who aren't maxed because without buying boosters, you might be able to upgrade 2-3 items if you're lucky. So without offering double XP, it is a great way to make money for NG.

So if it event doesn't work for you, take the weekend off and go play outside. :)

Playing outside! What a novel idea! :smiley:

I'm not buying any gas boosters this week or using gold for healing, and it's quite a different game without the cash purchases - boring and pretty much sux. It's fun with "play as much as you like" gas boosters and gold to get toons out of the hospital and back in action. -- so in essence, I'm of the opinion that it's a cash grab if you want to have the most fun.
    shakhidmasmith93